The News Thread (for news that does not need a thread)

I did notice Crunchyroll put 3 more question mark boxes up. Could this be for Plastic Memories, Arslan, and Seraph perhaps for us in the UK?!

Elaniel said:
I did notice Crunchyroll put 3 more question mark boxes up. Could this be for Plastic Memories, Arslan, and Seraph perhaps for us in the UK?!

We're not opposed to doing something when it makes sense as we've always said - for Arslan & Seraph they're exclusively on Viewster.com for streaming though this time round :).

Always keeping in mind what folks say though and how Plastic Memories does as it's on both platforms!

AP

From Anime Limited's news wire:

~ A quick note to say that our release of Tiger & Bunny – The Rising [Collector’s Edition Blu-ray/DVD] is now going to be released on 25th May. This is due to a delay in receiving assets from the licensor. It will now be available on the same day as Kill la Kill Box 3!

~ You may recall a while ago we talked about our intention to release a movie twin pack containing both Tiger & Bunny: The Beginning and Tiger & Bunny: The Rising movies. Unfortunately this no longer an option for us to release. This is because the two films have different production committees and as a result it’s really difficult to be able to put the films together as we intended. We are still exploring other options that may be possible for us when it comes to a potential Standard Edition of each Tiger & Bunny film in the UK, but we have no other details than that at this time. As soon as there is any update to this we’ll be sure to make it known.

Really we should headline everything that has hat sort of story to be JAPANESE BUSINESS RUINS EVERYTHING.

Seriously, name one thing Japanese business has poked it's nose in with anime that hasn't ended in everyone being utterly miserable.

I spotted that Triage X was trending on Twitter. I'm wondering if Twitter trends are based on what you tweet or if it is generally one of the most talked about things on Twitter at the moment?

kuuderes_shadow said:
King Jimmeh said:
Twitter does default to Tailored Trends, so based on what you tweet and follow.

Which is why all the top 5 of mine are anime related at present.

Triage X
Hestia
#danmachi
#LLSIF
Kekkai Sensen

Hestia's boob ribbon is apparently the new keyhole turtleneck. It's taken the internet by storm.

Real steel book aficionados would probably start to look funny at you :D

There are differences between a steel book and a metal case. Here is a nice explanation regarding the differences between a steel book, metal pak and iron pack.

Yes steel book aficionados are about as crazy as anime fans :twisted: :mrgreen:

Lutga said:
In more serious news, 101 Anime are re-releasing Elfen Lied, this time in a BR edition that includes the OVA ep the DVD edition missed out. It'll be in a 'metal case' (presume that means a steel book?) and comes with a 36 page booklet. Current price is £59.99 on Amazon, but imagine that'll drop closer to £45 by release date:

http://www.amazon.co.uk/Elfen-Lied-Coll ... ed+blu-ray

That's a really nice surprise. Not sure If I'll pick it up, my much older self wasn't too keen while re-watching (I used to think it was the most amazing Anime evaaa?!!11) but lets see some art work and things before I 100% decide :D

Now you get to see arms and legs coming off in high definition - what more could you want? ;-)

Last edited by a moderator:
Lutga said:
In more serious news, 101 Anime are re-releasing Elfen Lied, this time in a BR edition that includes the OVA ep the DVD edition missed out. It'll be in a 'metal case' (presume that means a steel book?) and comes with a 36 page booklet. Current price is £59.99 on Amazon, but imagine that'll drop closer to £45 by release date

Did some research, it looks like 101 Films will be using the exact same version released by ADV from the Section23 Films release. Same disc count, same extra content (hence why the OVA is included) and most likely, the same English audio issue. The only difference being the extra booklet, metal case and price tag. I'm curious so I'll wait.

Back