The News Thread (for news that does not need a thread)

DragonBlaze67 said:
HdE said:
Mangaranga said:
Sentai's BD is £26.64 on UP1USA if the price is your only issue.

If you can confirm the region code and OVA on that, I will quite literally [COMMENT SELF CENSORED FOR FEAR THAT THIS MIGHT ACTUALLY WORK OUT AND I'LL HAVE TO DO THE CRAZY THING I JUST PROMISED.]

That set is confirmed Region A & B compatible on bluray.com but i can double check with my set of it in the morning :)

Well if it helps, even Anime Blu-ray UK says it's region free.

Lutga said:
Man, if I had a time machine I would so go back and pick up a copy of that Eva box...
I almost missed out - I was going to get it with a £100 Amazon voucher I was due from work but it took so long to get it sorted out it went OOP. Thankfully they did a second release of it and I got it for Christmas instead. The voucher went on my original twice dead PS3 in the end I think.

Emulsion said:
I have that Evangelion box :). The discs are in a digipack inside the box, not slim cases like that Amazon image shows.
Mine has thinpacks. Did you get the first release? I definitely have this one - Amazon announced "You purchased this item on 9 Aug 2008" on the page when I found it.

Joshawott said:
animefreak17 said:
ConanThe3rd said:
More Sailor Moon anime on the way.

Shame it's Season 2 of Crystal.

Jesus Christ it's Been like 20 years since saliormoon came out and now they are making a new series of it.
Sailor Moon Crystal debuted in July 2014; so it hasn't been too long since the last Sailor Moon anime :p

I mean the first one........they are running out if idea's.....all they need to do is be original

ConanThe3rd said:

It's sold (rightfully so IMO) pretty badly from what I saw, surprised they're making more unless that was always the plan or.. they're making money from the show elsewhere.

I couldn't get past episode 4, the animation problems were far too irritating.

Dannielle said:
ConanThe3rd said:

It's sold (rightfully so IMO) pretty badly from what I saw, surprised they're making more unless that was always the plan or.. they're making money from the show elsewhere.

Considering the heaps of weird merchandise I've seen...

I mean, I've even seen Sailor Moon sanitary towels.

Creator of Log Horizon issued a public apology & settled all his taxes : http://zakitakubu.com/2015/04/14/touno- ... tion-case/
I do wonder what this means in regards to a possible third season, government funded Anime & all .. though if DEEN has anything to do with it I'd rather they didn't even bother, seeing as the LN are licensed (& that cliffhanger at the end of s2 ..I can't leave it at that)

Joshawott said:
Dannielle said:
ConanThe3rd said:

Considering the heaps of weird merchandise I've seen...

I mean, I've even seen Sailor Moon sanitary towels.

...Well, there really is something out there for everyone ..

EDIT: Some light on Serial Experiments Lain from MVM's FB:

"We have looked into it, possibly doing on BD, but there was an issue with discs 1 and 3 not working on some players. We would have to get the discs remastered and redone which obviously costs a fair bit. It's not possible of course, and we may get it back in the future as it always was a strong title, but we have loads of new licenses we're focusing on at the moment."

- https://www.facebook.com/MVMEntertainme ... 0307493926

Do they mean there was an issue with the original DVDs, or with Blu-Rays from another region that they would push out?

Even if they were to just re-package the old discs, it would at least get the show back into print (which it's long overdue) - but yeah, with a show of its calibre, it's probably not worth doing unless you can do a definitive, polished up BR edition. Any less would be doing it a dis-justice.

It's a shame though that situations like these means classic old titles remain out of print.

I assume they mean the AU BDs. Either that or the US discs with just the region changed.
The US BDs had the infamous banding, the AU discs were apparently the same but with added subtitle timing problems (although they did send out replacements).

It's kind of funny in a way - because without the whole Hestia thing that seems to have taken the internet by storm, I'm of no doubt Danmachi wouldn't have been as big - whereas now it seems like it's fast emerging as one of the most popular new hits of the season, going by Crunchyroll rankings.

Imagine the irony if some other British mainstream publication/broadcaster like the BBC or the Guardian picked up on the Daily Mail article and inadvertently gave Danmachi more exposure than probably any anime has had in Britain in recent years (Ghibli aside).

It's nice to see an article that covers something related to anime without going into ridiculous hyperbole over perverts and underage images. Good stuff from the Mail for a change.

VoxPhantom said:
It's nice to see an article that covers something related to anime without going into ridiculous hyperbole over perverts and underage images. Good stuff from the Mail for a change.
Shame that the comments do just that though.

Back