The News Thread (for news that does not need a thread)

Yami said:
I'll be importing Ocean Waves - given the ongoing wait for Only Yesterday, I don't expect Studio Canal to ever upgrade it. I'm very pleased to see Gauche the Cellist will include English subs, it's an understated but masterful film; I'll definitely import it unless Anime Limited or Discotek announce it. Same with Panda, Go Panda! (do Manga still have that).

It's disappointing that Jarinko Chie doesn't have subtitles as well - AL? Discotek? Pretty please?

I've asked. Not happening. They may change their mind but I really doubt it.

Rosencrantz said:
That's really odd, if it's ready to air in Italy it should be ready to air in Japan. It was already having it's premiere in Italy, unless they wanted a bigger exclusive period? or there were no good time slots in Japan so they opted to delay it because that works out better for them?

It's a very curious setup. They've never said it in as many words, but given how much the promotional material stresses that the new series will be set in Italy and how much attention to detail they seem to be putting into the backdrops, I can't help wondering if there's a significant amount of Italian financial backing involved.

Professor Irony said:
Rosencrantz said:
That's really odd, if it's ready to air in Italy it should be ready to air in Japan. It was already having it's premiere in Italy, unless they wanted a bigger exclusive period? or there were no good time slots in Japan so they opted to delay it because that works out better for them?

It's a very curious setup. They've never said it in as many words, but given how much the promotional material stresses that the new series will be set in Italy and how much attention to detail they seem to be putting into the backdrops, I can't help wondering if there's a significant amount of Italian financial backing involved.

Wouldn't surprise me. Lupin has always been very popular in Italy. Gunpla are also very popular there with Italy being only one of a handful of countries outside Asia that have domestic distribution of kits as opposed to imports.

Time of Eve : The Movie will be available on Crunchyroll worldwide, excluding Japan.

Time of Eve : The Movie is going to be available to users Worldwide, minus Japan.

Not only will the movie be available around the world, but we'll also be offering you the opportunity to watch with the following subtitles: French, Spanish, German, Italian, Portuguese, Russian, and Chinese.

In addition to this, we'll also be offering the English Dub.

Time of Eve : The Movie will be available from Friday the 24th to Sunday the 26th. (4/24/15 @ 12:00 AM PST - 4/26/15 @ 11:59 PM PST)

Time of Eve was actually the first thing I ever watched on Crunchyroll, in its original form as shorts. I see it's still up in that format too!

The film is brilliant, I highly recommend a watch for those who haven't seen it yet.

Ath said:
Time of Eve was actually the first thing I ever watched on Crunchyroll, in its original form as shorts. I see it's still up in that format too!

The film is brilliant, I highly recommend a watch for those who haven't seen it yet.
Yeah, its great. Got to see it in the cinema on Sunday as part of the Japanese Film Festival.in Dublin

At last, the preview for the new Lupin series:

I really hope they've finally sorted the writing out, because visually at least, it looks fantastic. They've got a great trade-off between the traditional Lupin anime look and that more rough-hewn style from the Yamamoto/Koike thread.

Last edited by a moderator:
I remember Amazon had listed Vol 7 of Vinland Saga as a Paperback a month ago, but I just checked today and they seem to have changed it to Hardcover since then.

be426d3376d1db62cfb3afd61f3aebda.png

My interest in picking Vinland Saga is renewed.

Jatz said:
I remember Amazon had listed Vol 7 of Vinland Saga as a Paperback a month ago, but I just checked today and they seem to have changed it to Hardcover since then.

I think its wrong and its papeeback but Vinland Saga is epic and deserves a pickup anyway

SunlightHeart said:
Jatz said:

I think its wrong and its papeeback but Vinland Saga is epic and deserves a pickup anyway

Kodansha confirmed they are still going to be hardcover.

Ath said:

Are you me, by any chance?

Lupin the Third: Gravestone is now on Hulu over in North America, both the Japanese and English dub.

Looks like we might see a Discotek release sooner than later.

It does kind of amuse me how these 'projects' keep popping up - not to do any sense of disservice to the naivety of people starting these companies/initiatives, but surely any reasonably clued-up anime fan would realise how difficult this stuff is to bring to market?

Well I did some further research, here's what I found:
- They have a YouTube channel set up. With Ao Haru Ride (Blue Spring Ride) promoted on the cover with a kickstarter image, image looks like this:

anidesu_ao_haru_ride.png

- Facebook page leads to nowhere but Twitter pages links to the Club President of TheAnimeGalaxy and Google+ leads to their Google+ page.
- The kickstarter page isn't up but on the link it's got the name galaxymedia (probably a reference to TheAnimeGalaxy).

I'm going to leave it there in case I end up going too deep on this. We'll just have to wait until the person in charge responds to UKAN or announces it officially at MCM Comic Con.

Back