The News Thread (for news that does not need a thread)

Well at least we only have to wait until 24th Nov for the light novel to come out. I'm actually kind of interested to see how the English translation comes out in print.

Joshawott said:
This is like the Mail's ultimate story.

Look at these crazy foreigners doing ridiculous things!
But especially look at their TITS!

I notice one of the top rated comments is about how they (either Japanese women or anime characters, it's not specified which) "look like children" too. They've hit the Pedo angle and everything, if only they'd managed to shoehorn house prices in there somewhere the editor would be in demographic heaven.

ayase said:
Only if you're prepared to pay for my upkeep.

[Launches a billion angry tirades about the cost of keeping an Ayase, and how it should be cheaper so we can grow the fan base.]

ayase said:
Joshawott said:
This is like the Mail's ultimate story.

Look at these crazy foreigners doing ridiculous things!
But especially look at their TITS!

I notice one of the top rated comments is about how they (either Japanese women or anime characters, it's not specified which) "look like children" too. They've hit the Pedo angle and everything, if only they'd managed to shoehorn house prices in there somewhere the editor would be in demographic heaven.

You forgot that they'll have to throw in an anti-Labour angle it somehow. Maybe they'll photoshop a picture of Ed Miliband's face onto Hestia's body and claim it's a candid photo?

God I love the Daily Mail :D can't wait for the day someone tips them off about Boku no Pico hahaha they'll probably call for the start of World War 3!

Jon O Fun said:
God I love the Daily Mail :D can't wait for the day someone tips them off about Boku no Pico hahaha they'll probably call for the start of World War 3!
Was at a con last weekend and Boku no Pico ended up being our team name in the pub quiz. The naming got hijacked by a bunch of 12-13 year old girls that left after 2 rounds :cry: . Still won though :D .

Professor Irony said:
New Lupin series apparently still on for Italian premiere in May, but Japanese airing pushed back until autumn. It all sounds a bit suspect to me, although on the plus side, Yuji Ohno is returning as composer.

That's really odd, if it's ready to air in Italy it should be ready to air in Japan. It was already having it's premiere in Italy, unless they wanted a bigger exclusive period? or there were no good time slots in Japan so they opted to delay it because that works out better for them?

As mentioned in the Overseas Cover Art thread, Ocean Waves will be coming to Blu-ray in Japan.

Amazon JP have now listed the set (7,344 JPY [~£41.14], note the price includes tax) and the specs have been added:
[Product Specifications]
<specification> BD50 / 1 sheet / MPEG-4AVC / MGVC / replication incompetent
<screen size> 16: 9 widescreen 1920 × 1080p FULL HD
<audio> Japan word (2.0ch stereo / Linear PCM)
<caption> Japanese, English
<video Benefits>
● dubbing script
● notice edit layout collection by
● storyboard format (picture-in-picture with the main video
● production staff roundtable " all from from '10 our youth - here it began! ~ "
★ special package specification

※ Product information is subject to change.
^Note this is translated by Google, so forgive me if there are obvious translated errors.

Amazon JP have also listed English language and English subtitle options for Panda! Go Panda! and English subtitle options for Gauche the Cellist. Jarinko Chie and Sherlock Hound: The Movie will remain Japanese only.

I'll be importing Ocean Waves - given the ongoing wait for Only Yesterday, I don't expect Studio Canal to ever upgrade it. I'm very pleased to see Gauche the Cellist will include English subs, it's an understated but masterful film; I'll definitely import it unless Anime Limited or Discotek announce it. Same with Panda, Go Panda! (do Manga still have that).

It's disappointing that Jarinko Chie doesn't have subtitles as well - AL? Discotek? Pretty please?

Back