The General Conversation Area

chaos said:
@Otaku - Mmm, I'm still to watch Kanon myself, but Air left me pretty depressed.
Though the first major arc is perhaps more stirring than the finale of Air, Kanon becomes quite upbeat eventually.
This comes with a caveat however: each arc has a resolution, but resolutions can only be consequences of problems. Though their conclusions are far from dire, certain developments do not make for particularly light-hearted viewing.

Zin5ki said:
chaos said:
@Otaku - Mmm, I'm still to watch Kanon myself, but Air left me pretty depressed.
Though the first major arc is perhaps more stirring than the finale of Air, Kanon becomes quite upbeat eventually.
This comes with a caveat however: each arc has a resolution, but resolutions can only be consequences of problems. Though their conclusions are far from dire, certain developments do not make for particularly light-hearted viewing.
I see. Rigth now, I'm all for slapstick comedy to try and get some relief on my stress.

chaos said:
@ Tachi - :/ I see what you mean. Yeah, it messes up with all your plans. Luckily, you didn't booked tickets or accomodation which would have been a real pain then.

Yeah, i'm just in trouble with the missus now :/
We did have plans to go sort out a holiday that week.

*sigh*

I might be much quieter on here for the forseeable future....on the same floor as service directors ¬_¬

Well, just make sure to take her somewhere nice :p

Until last week it was London Restaurant week. I've got a really nice restaurant 3 courses meal deal for little more than I would usually spend at Nandos.

Really good value.

I'm digressing there though, but yeah, take her somewhere nice. She'll understand.

or not :p

Kirrimir said:
Otaku-san said:
Zinki branded me with good news from Sentai, so my brain is content.
I mean the possibility that Clannad would be dubbed was pretty low since ADV's downfall, which was a shame cause I could well have suggested a few actors for the lead *cough*Brandon Potter*cough*.

They had best not dub Clannad. RUINERSZS.

I sense some butthurt, but not as much as the lulz I've seen from the animax dub of K-on.
Seriously chaos thats the best slapstick you'll find at the moment

Otaku-san said:
Kirrimir said:
I sense some butthurt...
The beauty of Sentai's decision is this: their upcoming dubs will only effect those who want them. Those with a preference for subtitles can still obtain the existing sub-only release without paying the extra fees associated with a dub production, thereby avoiding buying something they won't use.

Otaku-san said:
Kirrimir said:
Otaku-san said:
I mean the possibility that Clannad would be dubbed was pretty low since ADV's downfall, which was a shame cause I could well have suggested a few actors for the lead *cough*Brandon Potter*cough*.

I sense some butthurt, but not as much as the lulz I've seen from the animax dub of K-on.
K-on or clannad?
I want to see K-on as well. But atm I'm more inclined to import Lucky Star.

Zin5ki said:
The beauty of Sentai's decision is this: their upcoming dubs will only effect those who want them. Those with a preference for subtitles can still obtain the existing sub-only release without paying the extra fees associated with a dub production, thereby avoiding buying something they won't use.
Interesting. Hopefully, they won't die as that other company who did sub-only before died....

chaos said:
I see. Rigth now, I'm all for slapstick comedy to try and get some relief on my stress.
You can view Kanon as a comedy if you want. Assuming you have the old "hahaha, she's dying!" kind of humour. It wasn't like that for me but it should be noted that I didn't care about anyone in the show either so when something inevitably bad happens, I felt nothing.

chaos said:
Otaku-san said:
Kirrimir said:
Otaku-san said:

K-on or clannad?
I want to see K-on as well. But atm I'm more inclined to import Lucky Star.

No i ment K-on but it seems to have 404'd now

chaos said:
why do you say that?I'm pretty sure there are people eagerly awaiting for the second season ....

facepalm.jpg

Ok i'll explain this I'n one simple sentence. The Animax dub of the first season on K-on that was hosted on Viddler has 404'd

Otaku-san said:
chaos said:
why do you say that?I'm pretty sure there are people eagerly awaiting for the second season ....

Ok i'll explain this I'n one simple sentence. The Animax dub of the first season on K-on that was hosted on Viddler has 404'd
Ah, I see. Wasn't aware that animax was actually hosting it - even less aware of it 404'ing... =P

Otaku-san said:
chaos said:

facepalm.jpg

i has better
double-facepalm.jpg

i wonder when 2nd season for K-ON! and Nyan Koi! come out, shouldn't be that long i guess

Back