The Gaming News Thread (for news that doesn't need a thread)

I haven't really kept up to date with Street Fighter mainly because I don't own a PS4 and don't have any desire to own one ever, but if I did own a PS4 it would be the one title I'd be interested in getting. I grew up on Street Fighter due to my dad's love of it in the arcades :p I'll keep my eye out on #FE but can't promise anything. I guess I'm going to get back into Splatoon, I took a break once I went back to Uni but I have some free time but I'm kind of afraid that I've been leapfrogged now, such is the life of online games. As long as I have fun I guess! Two new maps have just been announced too. Splatoon - New Stage Squid Dance (Piranha Pit & Ancho-V Games) Might go back and Pure Platinum Bayo 1 and 2 as well since I'm in the mood!

CWdw-DvWUAYr6ZP.jpg:large

Excited.

Still, what's the point of Square Enix porting Kingdom Hearts III to the Xbox One? No disrespect or anything but considering II.8 Prologue is PS4 exclusive, what's the point?

:girlish squeal:

Porting KHIII is p.free for them since it's completely on UE4. I wonder if some parts of II.8 use other tech mixed in with UE4 that would make it harder to do.

The Jump Fiesta trailer for Kingdom Hearts II.8 Final Chapter Prologue & Kingdom Hearts III has arrived.

FemaleWeirdFlycatcher.gif
GreedyGleamingCricket.gif

Last edited by a moderator:
GHi2POt.png

The PlayStation Vita is celebrating 4 years this week.

Gif from NeoGAF:
yvq8k5m.gif

If you haven't bought a Vita and you like Japanese games, well you're certainly missing out.

In addition to God Eater coming to English (see official thread on the main Gaming section), UOL Games site is reporting that other additional Bandai Namco titles will also be heading West:

- Gundam Extreme Vs-Force (PSV)
- JoJo's Bizarre Adventure: Eyes of Heaven (PS4)
- Tales of Berseria (PS4/PC)

Just an update to the report I recently posted. Bandai Namco have officially confirmed they are bringing those games to the west.

Gundam yay, woo. Still, I'll be buying it on Wednesday as all fans of the series have been conditioned to do at this point, so I'm not convinced how well that is gonna work out for them.

CW6gQB4W8AAX-Fn.jpg:large

Bandai Namco have also confirmed Sword Art Online: Hollow Fragment for western release in Fall 2016 for PlayStation 4 and Vita.

So until we get our forum back up and running, we may as well have some of the old tried and tested topics back up and running for now so we have places to discuss. Here's the topic for all things gaming news related.

Nothing too major to report so far today after the busy week of leaks and reveals form the previous days, but i'll put notable pieces up for now.

Injustice 2 Announce trailer

Will have loads of new characters in it, including the likes of Gorilla Grodd and old favourites like the Flash, Batman, etc

Watch Dogs 2 announced

Will be set in San Francisco, launching worldwide in november. Also looks to be having the same problems with collectors editions as the first did...

And on more unfortunate news, Ubisoft is closing its Casablanca Studio, the team that brought you Valiant Hearts, Child of Light and Raymand Legends, so in other words, their good studio. Which is a damned shame. Ubisoft are a mess right now.

Re: Gaming news thread

Fairy Fencer F: Dark Advent Force will have a reversible cover from Final Fantasy illustrator (main cover is from the Neptunia illustrator) - Gematsu
Spike Chunsoft is teasing the possibility of 999 (Zero Escape 1) heading to Steam. The game started off on Nintendo DS. - Gematsu
Sword Art Online: Hollow Realization adds Agil and Klein - Gematsu

Re: Gaming news thread

999 coming to Steam is amazing news. I've wanted to play it for ages along with it's sequel, Virtue's Last Reward, but the lack of a UK release has put me off, but I'll certainly get it now.

Re: The Gaming News Thread (for news that doesn't need a thr

Bungie has announced details of the next Destiny expansion. Costing £25 and launching on 20th September, it will be exclusive to the PS4 & Xbox One versions of the game. It features a brand new Earth area called The Plaguelands, with new quests and a patrol area.

There's a pre-order exclusive gun. Everybody gets the gun, but only pre-orderers get the black version.

Back