The Gaming News Thread (for news that doesn't need a thread)

With the recent announcement that SNK''s The Last Blade 2 is coming to PlayStation 4 and Vita, Gio Corsi has confirmed that the game will also feature online multiplayer and PlayStation TV compatibility.

It's been announced that H2 Interactive and Arc System Works will be bringing 5 fighting games to Steam between now and Summer 2016.

BlazBlue Chrono Phantasma Extend
Release Date: February 2016
Also Available on: PlayStation 3, PlayStation 4, PlayStation Vita, Xbox One

Guilty Gear Xrd -SIGN-
Release Date: December 9, 2015
Also Available on: PlayStation 3, PlayStation 4

Melty Blood Actress Again Current Code
Release Date: Spring 2016

gKqQyqE.gif

River City Super Sports Challege ~All Stars Special~
Release Date: December 2015

Under Night In-Birth Exe:Late
Release Date: Summer 2016
Also Available on: PlayStation 3

Yes a Type Moon game will finally see a western release. :D

Dengeki Bunko Fighting Climax Ignition is getting downloadable content.

Sword Art Online's Yuuki and Ren will be available as free DLC, release date unknown.

A little bit of new Persona 5 Info has emerged via a recent GameInformer interview with the game's director

I'm not sure there is anything massively new in here but I don't think I've seen the concept explained so plainly before.

Man can I not wait for that game.

NormanicGrav said:
It's been announced that H2 Interacti
This is great to see, but if only they weren't eternally behind by not just patches but whole versions of games. ;_;

Great choice of gif, though, Grav.

Nitroplus Blasterz is now available in Japan. The UK & US releases will follow soon enough in a few months time.

Gameplay video of the PS4 version:

Last edited by a moderator:
Rez Infinite has a proper trailer!

The PS4 release will feature 1080p resolution, 60 frames per second gameplay and optional Virtual Reality in addition to a brand new 'Area X' zone.

Gotta love those pieces of art work. Pleased to see you can also play as female Kamui/Corrin despite all the obvious promotional shots just showing male version.

Yeah you can switch between the two, just like with Wii fit Trainer and like the Wii fit Trainer, its a cosmetic change only. The male one looks pretty feminine too.
You can choose between both Bayonetta's too, she looks so good.
Fates looks pretty interesting, hoping that the fan-service isn't too much but I'm probably alone here on that one. Could potentially turn me off on the game but I'll wait and see.

Oh neat, Bayonetta hair-do choice. :s

if/Fates is really good from what I've played so far (the prologue 6 chapters and the start of the Byakuya/Birthright storyline). I even charged up my 3DS the other day to play more of it, but I really don't get on with playing the 3DS all that well. ;_;

What are you doing up at this time! :p In regards to Bayonetta: Short hair is best hair.
So you have a Japanese 3DS? I liked Awakening quite a bit, I bought the Limited Edition soundtrack when it came out, its pretty rare these days. Not kept up to date with Fates, but hopefully its good but not feeling what I've seen so far for some reason. I don't really get time to play games these days, sad.

I basically live on PST thanks to my job. :p

Yeah - It's pretty annoying to have region locking on a handheld, but I knew there would be some games somewhere along the line that I wanted to play that didn't show up in Europe either straight away or ever (Layton games, Atlus games, FE, tri-Ace's Labyrinth no Kanata etc) so I bought a JP 3DS once Ocarina of Time came out. I didn't do this with the Wii U so now I can't play #FE this month. >_>

edit: Unless someone wants to buy my UK Wii U from me! Please?

Haha sounds rough, my sympathies. Hows the language barrier when it comes to playing Japanese games? I assume your fluent if you're playing Layton and the likes? I'll be honest, I haven't really found myself envious of anything that came out in Japan that hasn't here when it comes to the Wii U and 3DS and I don't mind the delays, even Nintendo's barren and staggered release schedule on the Wii U has been enough to overwhelm me! :p

You know me so you know my stance on #FE. It's a game that intrigues me but also weirdly hits this stupid 'pride' (stubbornness) inside of me that just hates idol culture and the likes. The vibrant and in your face style both infatuates and puts me off all at the same time. Looks like it'll be a well made game and I hope you enjoy it. No really looking forward to any upcoming game, I don't care for PS and Xbox and nothing there entices me to pick those systems up either. I just can't wait to buy the Bayonetta Smash DLC and the Amiibo really and that's it. Can't wait for the Giant Bomb GOTY deliberations too. That's all for me on the gaming side of things for the foreseeable future. NX stuff next year will be super exciting,and I really want to play Zelda Wii U. May pick up Fire Emblem Fates.

Recent news:

Hideo Kojima has left Konami, formed a new studio (Kojima Productions) and will be teaming up with Sony on a new IP for PlayStation.

Falcom have announced new details on their 2016 titles; in addition to plans for a new The Legend of Heroes: Trails in the Sky III game. Trails in the Sky Online is scheduled for PC while Ys VIII, now called Ys: Lacrimosa of Dana and is scheduled for Summer 2016 for PS4 and Vita.

Psycho Pass: Mandatory Happiness Visual Novel, after rumours of a PlayStation port, will finally see a release on PlayStation 4 and Vita in Spring 2016. The Asian release will offer English subtitles.

Bullet Girls 2 was announced for PlayStation Vita. Third person shooter featuring Criminal Girls style punishments. Lewd.

Visual Art's/Key Harmonia has been pushed back to Spring due to "unforeseen circumstances." The kinetic visual novel will see a release in English first before Japan.

qaiz said:
Haha sounds rough, my sympathies. Hows the language barrier when it comes to playing Japanese games? I assume your fluent if you're playing Layton and the likes? I'll be honest, I haven't really found myself envious of anything that came out in Japan that hasn't here when it comes to the Wii U and 3DS and I don't mind the delays, even Nintendo's barren and staggered release schedule on the Wii U has been enough to overwhelm me! :p

You know me so you know my stance on #FE. It's a game that intrigues me but also weirdly hits this stupid 'pride' (stubbornness) inside of me that just hates idol culture and the likes. The vibrant and in your face style both infatuates and puts me off all at the same time. Looks like it'll be a well made game and I hope you enjoy it. No really looking forward to any upcoming game, I don't care for PS and Xbox and nothing there entices me to pick those systems up either. I just can't wait to buy the Bayonetta Smash DLC and the Amiibo really and that's it. Can't wait for the Giant Bomb GOTY deliberations too. That's all for me on the gaming side of things for the foreseeable future. NX stuff next year will be super exciting,and I really want to play Zelda Wii U. May pick up Fire Emblem Fates.
My Japanese is quite good after fourteen years of learning, but overall I would say the DS/3DS has the largest selection of import-friendly games anyway, due to the nature of both the system's design and the approach a lot of companies take towards their games on the system.

I love idol culture, and I love how colorful #FE is, so I guess we are just at opposite ends on that completely. :p

There are quite a few other games I'm looking forward to in the next few months, but most notable has to be Street Fighter V.

Back