The Gaming News Thread (for news that doesn't need a thread)

The Alison Road kickstarter has been cancelled but the developer did provide an update explaining the situation. The game was made as a spiritual fan successor to Kojima's Silent Hills Playable Teaser demo that was exclusive to PlayStation 4 owners for free until #F**Komani came in.

The funds only reached £145,959 of £250,000 with 4482 backers.

Hi all, we have news!

First some bad news but then some AMAZINGLY good news.

We have decided to withdraw the Kickstarter campaign to allow us to commit 100% to an opportunity that will give us the chance as a team to create the best game possible.

As a newly founded studio, we’ve been completely overwhelmed by your encouragement and huge interest in Allison Road and we’d love to thank each and every one of you for all of the amazing support you have given us during our Kickstarter campaign and beyond. Really incredibly appreciated.

And now the good news, in fact it’s AMAZING news!

We are delighted to announce that we will be joining Team17’s highly successful games label.

If you don’t know who Team17 are, they are most known for their Worms franchise, however, they run a fully independent games label. For us it’s an incredible opportunity to be part of a label that looks after not only such a massive gaming franchise, but also supports developers like Playtonic,Mouldy Toof and many others.

Working with Team17 will give us the chance to make our game unhindered creatively, but at the same time will give us the resources, support and experience that only a 25 year old studio can give.

For all of you that have pledged already for in game rewards, we absolutely promise you that we will look at ways outside of Kickstarter that will allow you to be involved in the game at a later date.

We will be going very quiet for a while as we focus on making Allison Road the best horror experience it possibly can be but do please follow us and Team17 on @Lillithltd & @AllisonRoad_HQ and @team17Ltd for future news.

Koei Tecmo have unleashed a new ton of information for Dead or Alive Xtreme 3, including a new trailer.

The game will feature the girls returning to Zack Island and provides various types of activities such as 'Water Tug of War', 'Beach Flags', 'Hopping Game' and more. And yes, one of these mini-games is basically knocking your opponent into the pool with your butt. Lewd. The video game engine is the same as the one used in Dead or Alive 5: Last Round which is called the Soft Engine. The Vita version will use a modified engine called Soft Engine Lite to enable touch controls and gyro sensors.

The game is slated for PlayStation 4 and PlayStation Vita, each will feature a Collector's Edition that includes swimsuit costumes, a gravure photo book, cards and a 3D Mouse Pad. Marie Rose and Honoka were the most voted so they will be featured on the box art, Marie will also be used for the mouse pad on PS4 while Honoka is on Vita. Prices for each collector's set is 13,800 Yen and 12,800 Yen for PS4 and Vita respectively.

The game will be released on February 25th 2016.

Minor NSFW:
[spoilerbutton]
c01_stil_02.jpg

c02_stil_02.jpg

c03_stil_02.jpg
[/spoilerbutton]
Just to clarify, due to Japanese video game laws and the laws in general don't expect nipples to be shown in the game. If they did that the game will end up either as a Z rating or just censored to death.

Last edited by a moderator:
Only one game i'm playing at the moment and that's Tales of Zestiria and i am loving it. I love the music they used for the opening...when i first heard it a little tingle of excitement ran through me, makes a change from singing.

Gemsy-chan said:
Only one game i'm playing at the moment and that's Tales of Zestiria and i am loving it. I love the music they used for the opening...when i first heard it a little tingle of excitement ran through me, makes a change from singing.
Whilst I don't really care for the "Tales of" series, I do really like the opening music used for Zestiria - well the vocal version at least.
Not really a fan of the instrumental version used for international releases personally. NA NA NANANANA NA NA NA NA

Game unveiled from PlayStation's Paris Conference:

New Games Announced - PS4 Exclusive:
Detroit: Becoming Human - Original a PS3 tech demo, now the next Quanticdream title
Driveclub Bikes - Standalone DLC expansion for Driveclub
Gran Turismo Sport - New instalment in the GT series
Matterfall - From the creators of Resogun
Until Dawn: Rush of Blood - DLC expansion for Until Dawn, also coming to VR

New Games Announced - Multiplatform w/PS4 Exclusive Content:
Avicii Vector - Console Exclusive, Audiosurf style game with Avicii noise
Boundless - Console Exclusive, also coming to PC
Robinson: The Journey - PlayStation first, new Crytek title
Tekken 7 - PS Exclusive content like VR, also coming to Xbox One

Current Planned Games - PS4 Exclusive:
Dreams - PGW Trailer
Gravity Rush 2 - PGW Trailer
Horizon: Zero Dawn - PGW Trailer
Ratchet & Clank - PGW Trailer
RIGS Mechanized Combat League - PGW Trailer, in development for VR
Street Fighter V - PGW 'Dhalsim' Trailer (also coming to PC but it's mainly a PS4 title)
Uncharted 4: A Thief's End - PGW 'Multiplayer' Trailer
WiLD - PGW Trailer

Current Planned Games - Multiplatform w/PS4 Exclusive Content:
Battleborn - PGW Trailer
Battlezone - PGW Trailer
Call of Duty: Black Ops III - PGW Trailer
No Man's Sky - PGW Trailer
Star Wars Battlefront - PGW 'Heroes' Trailer

Atelier Escha & Logy Plus Limited Edition was announced by Koei Tecmo and NIS America.

Costs $54.99 and includes:
- Atelier Escha & Logy Plus physical copy for PlayStation Vita
- 36-page full color, softcover art book
- Single-disc soundtrack of 30 tracks with jewel case
- Tear-resistant poster (18″x24″)
- Collector’s box

Unfortunately, much like Ar nosurge Plus, it's digital only everywhere else and the retail version is limited to the limited edition which is exclusive to NIS America's online store.

Now this is something worth having a read about.

Kotaku did an article detailing how XSEED managed to release The Legend of Heroes: Trails in the Sky Second Chapter (aka Trails SC). Long story short, it's an apparent nightmare for them.

One of the biggest problems was due to the game's huge length which is twice the size of the first chapter. Another was sorting out translations on the wrong format, forcing the XSEED staff to manually copy/paste everything to the right format which took them months.

More on the article here.

The Legend of Heroes: Trails in the Sky Second Chapter is now available to download on the European PlayStation Network.

The game costs £21.99 and is accessible for PSP, Vita and Vita TV. The PC version is already available on Steam.

EU PlayStation Blog didn't even bother to mention the game which is honestly pretty disrespectful considering the translators over at XSEED suffered harsh times trying to get this game released for the English community.

From the Nintendo Direct, Pokemon Red, Blue and Yellow are coming to the 3DS VC.

Twilight Princess HD has been confirmed.

And Cloud is coming as a DLC character in Smash Bros.

In addition:

Dragon Quest VII: Fragments of a Forgotten Past
Dragon Quest VIII: Journey of the Cursed King

The Nintendo 3DS versions are heading to North America and Europe.

So the joke here is that Cloud can't be done badly in smash (There's at least five sword users in Smash, Sakurai and crew know their sharp stick game) but there's every chance that FF7 Reunion will be a complete mess.

NIS America will be bringing the original Disgaea to Steam for Windows 7/8/10 in February 2016.

The release will be based on the PSP version (Disgaea: Afternoon of Justice) with some additional content.

http://store.steampowered.com/app/405900

Key Features:
■ An SRPG from the most prolific SRPG creators in the world, Nippon Ichi Software
■ Choose from over 40 unique character types
■ Even with a max level of 9999, use Transmigration to start all over again, but your characters will be even stronger per level!
■ Delve into the Item World, a randomly generated dungeon world, to level up your items!
■ With max level characters and leveled-up items, dish out millions of points of damage!
■ Over-the-top battle animations
■ Geo Panels - A puzzle game within a Strategy RPG
■ Lift & Throw - Throw your allies up ledges to reach enemies in hard-to-reach spots, or toss your enemies around instead!
■ A zany story set in the Netherworld, where the notions of good and evil are reversed

New to Disgaea PC (It's not just a port!):
■ Updated UI and textures
■ Keyboard/Mouse and controller support
■ Includes all content from Disgaea: Afternoon of Darkness
■ New Steam features, such as Achievements, Cloud Saves, Badges, and trading cards

The results of the fans 'dream Dynasty Warriors (Musou) game' has been revealed. Over 7000 have voted.

Game creators have commented on the video game poll.

Video Games:
1 - Nitroplus's Touken Ranbu
“We’d certainly like to play it, so we’d like to look into making it a reality, but right now we’re focusing on the PC and smartphone versions.”
2 - TYPE-MOON (Fate/Tsukihime/Kara no Kyōkai/Mahōtsukai no Yoru/Girls Work etc.)
“I want to play a Saber-like game where you wipe out an army of seaweed that fill the screen.” (Co-founder Takashi Takeuchi)
3 - Fire Emblem
No comment from the makers.
4 - Neoromance
“Should we seriously propose it?”
5 - Final Fantasy
“The Forgotten Capital quest could be hot.” (Producer Yoshinori Kitase)
6 - Tales of
“Thank you very much, but there aren’t any plans.”
7 - Kantai Collection
No comment from the makers.
8 - Atelier
“Maybe if it has synthesis and collection elements, it will be more RPG-like.”
9 - Shin Megami Tensei
“Get in touch with us anytime.” (Producer Kazuyuki Yamai)
10 - Persona
“It’d be interesting if we could make it one day.” (PR)

Anime:
1 - Precure
2 - Fairy Tail
3 - Tokyo Ghoul
4 - Kingdom
5 - Gintama

Back