The Gaming News Thread (for news that doesn't need a thread)

qaiz said:
I've never actually played any of the Fatal Frame games, always looked weird to me because it never actually looked scary and just looked like an excuse to have Japanese school girls walking around in the dark but I'll try this one out.
1. I fail to see what's wrong with having Japanese school girls walk around in the dark (given some of the more... interesting unlockable costumes, Tecmo clearly knows its audience).

2. The games are incredibly tense when you're waiting for a ghost to appear, and downright terrfying when you encounter one (or more than one). All you have to defend yourself is a camera (a MAGIC camera, ofc) while the ghosts don't obey the laws of physics, floating though walls and out of your sight and whatnot. Spare pairs of trousers highly recommended.

fabricatedlunatic said:
1. I fail to see what's wrong with having Japanese school girls walk around in the dark (given some of the more... interesting unlockable costumes, Tecmo clearly knows its audience).

I didn't say anything was wrong with it, just that it doesn't appeal to me. Like you said, they know their audience, and I'm not it.

I should point out that the Zero games contain zero (lolz) fanservice outside of completely optional costumes. Do you avoid any game that contains female characters who just happen to be young (not all of the protagonists are schoolgirls)? Because you sound incredibly judgemental for no real reason.

fabricatedlunatic said:
Do you avoid any game that contains female characters who just happen to be young (not all of the protagonists are schoolgirls)? Because you sound incredibly judgemental for no real reason.

I mean there's a colossal difference between game that contains school girls (like Pokemon) and Fatal Frame, but sure. The Fatal Frame games (and most Tecmo games in general) and similar games have just always rubbed me the wrong way and I'm obviously not the only one who feels that way about this franchise so I don't know why your so stricken by it :p

More confused/baffled than stricken, tbh. In over ten years of being a fan of the Zero games not once have I heard anyone say that they've avoided series because the protagonists are young women. Maybe those people do exist but haven't felt the urge to proclaim that they find the protagonists being young women distasteful... for some reason.

Anyway, that'll be my last word on the matter.

It's not that they're young women lol, it's all down the the fact that they just look out of place and dumb. It's obvious that I'm speaking as an outsider to these sorts of games. So when I Google Project Zero and see a scared girl in a bikini holding a flashlight regardless of if it's extra unlock-ables or otherwise, it just makes me laugh. It's the game and the advertisers job to sell me on the game, but whether or not the game is fanservice heavy or otherwise is besides the point because in all of the material I am subjected to, paints the game in that light. It's the same with a game like #FE, it could have a lot of pedigree behind it, but if the aesthetics and angle that they're going for doesn't resonate with me, well then its obviously an uphill battle to get me to care and look deeper into the game itself, which might actually be amazing. They could be old men for all I care, the main point is that its out of place visually to me. Anyone can end up in a haunted mansion, I doubt ghosts discriminate, so the chances of these girls ending up in such predicament isn't out of the question and I'm sure that the game has a story that justify why they are where they are, I'm not trying to say that this is a job for a man lol, its just to be more specific the models of the girls and the clothing that they are wearing is what looks silly to me, not that fact that they're girls. Like you said, they know their audience.

ilmaestro said:

The Wii U has some amazing games! Bayonetta 1 and 2, Wonderful 101, 3D World, NSMBU/NSLU, Kart 8, Tropical Freeze, Pikmin 3 and the best game out there right now, Splatoon!!!! It doesn't have quantity, but it sure has quality. Speaking of which, Splatoon has moved 1.62 million worldwide as of the end of June its the fourth best selling game in Japan for the first half of 2015 (not including digital sales):

01. [3DS] Yo-kai Watch 2: Shin Uchi <RPG> (Level 5) {2014.12.13} (¥4.968) - 601.080 / 2.608.407
02. [PS3] Dragon Quest Heroes <RPG> (Square Enix) {2015.02.26} (¥7.344) - 453.142
03. [3DS] The Legend of Zelda: Majora's Mask 3D # <ADV> (Nintendo) {2015.02.14} (¥5.076) - 438.108
04. [WIU] Splatoon <ACT> (Nintendo) {2015.05.28} (¥6.156) - 387.105
05. [PS3] Tales of Zestiria <RPG> (Bandai Namco Games) {2015.01.22} (¥8.715) - 367.233
Source

Prepare yourselves. Gal*Gun Double Peace will be getting a worldwide release!

galgunboxart.jpg

Now there is a problem, the folks who made the game don't have a publisher to help localise the game but I'm sure that won't be an issue (hopefully it's either Aksys Games or XSEED Games, Atlus and NIS America are known for some criticisms like self-censoring before the rating board and mixed reactions on the translation).

For those who aren't familiar with the series, it's a light-gun shooter where an angel accidently shots you with love arrows which as a result literally every single girl in school wants to date you. Think House of the Dead but swap the zombies with cute moe girls who love you.

The first instalment was released on PlayStation 3 (which was also compatible with the PlayStation Move) and this instalment will be coming to PlayStation 4 and Vita.

IncendiaryLemon said:
NormanicGrav said:
Prepare yourselves. Gal*Gun Double Peace will be getting a worldwide release!

galgunboxart.jpg

Now there is a problem, the folks who made the game don't have a publisher to help localise the game but I'm sure that won't be an issue (hopefully it's either Aksys Games or XSEED Games, Atlus and NIS America are known for some criticisms like self-censoring before the rating board and mixed reactions on the translation).

For those who aren't familiar with the series, it's a light-gun shooter where an angel accidently shots you with love arrows which as a result literally every single girl in school wants to date you. Think House of the Dead but swap the zombies with cute moe girls who love you.

The first instalment was released on PlayStation 3 (which was also compatible with the PlayStation Move) and this instalment will be coming to PlayStation 4 and Vita.
If it's censored there's no point.
I'm sure it might get through as long as it's been handled right. If Senran Kagura can make it, so can Gal*Gun. If anything the ages would be the only thing removed.

qaiz said:
ilmaestro said:

The Wii U has some amazing games! Bayonetta 1 and 2, Wonderful 101, 3D World, NSMBU/NSLU, Kart 8, Tropical Freeze, Pikmin 3 and the best game out there right now, Splatoon!!!! It doesn't have quantity, but it sure has quality. Speaking of which, Splatoon has moved 1.62 million worldwide as of the end of June its the fourth best selling game in Japan for the first half of 2015 (not including digital sales)
That wasn't so much of a comment on the Wii U itself, it was more ilmaestro gently reminding everyone about my obsession with Xenoblade (thank you maes :wink:) .

Ath said:
That wasn't so much of a comment on the Wii U itself, it was more ilmaestro gently reminding everyone about my obsession with Xenoblade (thank you maes :wink:) .
Ha alright, I was just making sure :p I was hyped for Xenoblade X too back when Nintendo announced it in the January 2013 Direct, but once it came out in Japan earlier this year it just fell off of my radar. Still getting it day one, but the story in the game seems nonexistent which upsets me.

"I believe that Sega’s live showing at Tokyo Game Show will be the most exciting one we’ve seen in a while."

Yakuza series creator and general director Toshihiro Nagoshi have announced via a recent NicoNico live-stream that they have a new title to announce at Tokyo Games Show 2015.

Source

EDF folks prepare yourselves.

Pqube have announced they will be bringing over two games recently licensed from XSEED for Europe!

Earth Defense Force 4.1: The Shadow of New Despair on PlayStation 4
Earth Defense Force 2: Invaders from Planet Space, a PlayStation Vita enhanced remake of Global Defence Force 2.

Both games will be available in the Q4 2015 season.

No mention of physical releases but expect one given Pqube's efforts to bring over BlazBlue, Persona 4 Arena and Steins;Gate.

Source

Back