The Gaming News Thread (for news that doesn't need a thread)

NormanicGrav

Quintessential Grav
AUKN Staff
I figured there's no proper thread dedicated to gaming news (despite having threads for each console/portable), so I thought how about having a thread like the 'Anime News' and 'Q & A' where there's no need for a new thread and have them all in one place.

Any console news is accepted (Microsoft, Nintendo and Sony consoles). For instance:

Puyo Puyo Tetris is coming to PlayStation 4, a free demo of the PS3 version is already available on the Japanese PSN Store.

A new PS Vita bundle coming soon for Europe - the Adventure Mega Pack. Contains the new model PS Vita, an 8GB memory card and a voucher for Uncharted: Golden Abyss, Tearaway, Gravity Rush, Escape Plan and TxK for €199.99.

Microsoft removes Ascend: Hand of Kul without informing the developer. The game was nearly a year old.

FIFA 15 arriving to Wii and 3DS, and not on the Wii U.

Re: The Gaming News Thread (for news that doesn't need a thr

Seems like a reasonable idea for a thread! You have been stickied.

I'll contribute something too... erm... slightly belated but the Steam version of Hatoful Boyfriend has slipped back into September!

(A shallow excuse for me to mention the game and try to drum up more support.)

R

The next Yakuza game has been announced as Yakuza Zero

So far English fans have never received localised versions for Yakuza 5, Yakuza: Ishin and Yakuza: 1 & 2 HD Edition.

NormanicGrav said:
The next Yakuza game has been announced as Yakuza Zero

So far English fans have never received localised versions for Yakuza 5, Yakuza: Ishin and Yakuza: 1 & 2 HD Edition.

My guess would suggest it won't hit, but you never know at the moment. Sega are still rather weird with localisations.

On a slightly different tone. After the PSN/Blizzard/etc DDOS hits this past day or so, the DDOSers, hackers or whatever you want to call them apparently sent a bomb threat to the american airlines flight which was carrying the SOE president, which quickly got diverted. Comes from Destructoid

As one of the first to tweet about the PSN outage, I had this dishonour of being retweeted by the idiots at Lizard Squad. I'm still getting replies about it.

The bomb threat crossed the line. They're going down.

Ath said:
As one of the first to tweet about the PSN outage, I had this dishonour of being retweeted by the idiots at Lizard Squad. I'm still getting replies about it.

The bomb threat crossed the line. They're going down.

Becareful what you say, they might be watching us right now :!:

I'm going to avoid posting the links for now, unless someone wants to see them, but it seems the Smash bros roster leak is confirmed. Quite an interesting line-up i have to say. Looks like 4 clones, rest are uniques.

So yeah, if people want to see it, i'll pass on the link, but for now i'll avoid it for spoilers.

Slightly gaming news related (given it's used a lot in the community for online streaming) - Amazon have acquired Twitch TV for $970 million.

It was previously rumoured twice that Google (who owns YouTube) would buy Twitch but out of nowhere this happens. The gaming community seems to be relieved that Amazon now owns the service given Google damaged YouTube with copyright bots and Google+ integration in comments.

Amazon bought twitch TV? Now that's one hell of a curveball to play. And you know, i'm ok with this. Google could potentially hurt what twitchtv built up, but i don't see amazon tearing it down or using it for something else. Instead it adds a lot more advertising options for them(another platform to fire gaming related products on amazons main site), which is ok. A kind of "like what you see? click here to place into your basket" concept isn't too wild.

Yeah, i'm ok with this.

I'm shocked. My first thoughts were - What's a shopping site going to do with online live streaming?

The only thing I could think off is promotion & advertising like you said.

NormanicGrav said:
I'm shocked. My first thoughts were - What's a shopping site going to do with online live streaming?

The only thing I could think off is promotion & advertising like you said.

You forget they also own Amazon TV, which now i believe are producing 2-3 series at present? So there is that. This is basically capitalising on the sudden boom in gaming media popularity and adding to their profits. Promotion/advertising will no doubt play a factor, but it will basically send a message out to some suggesting "we are serious about entering these markets and becoming a big name in them" Twitch won't lose users from this, in fact it may regain a few lost at the original news that YT bought them as amazon is to some, a far greater platform than youtube/google

And while i think about it, it could be a good push to entice gamers especially to the use of Amazon prime. they could use amazon prime like twitch turbo, a means to support the platform without ads. plus the added bonus of what prime offers.

I think it's an obvious move - Twitch has been so much in the news recently it was only a matter of time before someone snapped them up. I think Google would have been a more obvious fit - but Amazon works too. It definitely helps 'cool' the brand up a little.

Neptunia fans are pissed today. Idea Factory announced a while back that the Limited Edition of HyperDimension Neptunia Re;Birth1 would be released today at launch (12am over in USA). 5 minutes after making the product available it sold out, according to BlueMaxmina.

UPDATE -

More info:
- Customers who had the item at the checkout weren't able to complete their order, in other words they got robbed at the last minute.
- International owners weren't able to purchase the set. Idea Factory clarified this was an accident and are working with Amazon.
- Only 1000 were made similarly to the Japanese edition and because of the extra physical content being limited.
- Fans on the IF Facebook page are ranting about it.

The Pokémon Company and Bandai Namco are working together on "Pokkén Tournament", a Pokémon fighting game that's due out in Japanese arcades next year. Although the president of The Pokémon Company did almost let slip that an inevitable console port is happening (and The Pokémon Company International uploading an English trailer basically confirms it). Katsuhiro Harada is involved with the project.

The game's official Twitter account (@pokken_official) are asking for fans to submit ideas for playable characters.

Source

Last edited by a moderator:

Welp, the DLC for Mario Kart 8 is now confirmed. Link on a god damned motorbike.

Two sets of DLC. first is 3 characters: tanuki mario, cat peach and Link. 4 new vehicles and 8 courses. Second is Village, Isabelle and Dry Bowser with 4 vehicles 8 courses, but the second is due in may next year D: Basically the Mario Golf treatment. this is amazing.

Link confirmed new main.

EDIT: DAMNIT GRAV XD

Yeah I'm caught up in it all on neogaf. Don't want to go to sleep as I like the post reveal excitement on forums!

Isabelle sitting in a little, replica car.

I'm sorry, but that's so sweet that I have diabetes.

Back