The Gaming News Thread (for news that doesn't need a thread)

Re: The Gaming News Thread (for news that doesn't need a thr

Rena Ryuugu said:
NormanicGrav said:
As a result of the falling out between Atlus and NIS America Europe, Dragon's Crown has expired and will no longer be available for Europe.

The PSN digital downloads have now been delisted and physical copies will soon go out of print.

The good news is that you'll be able to access the game by importing a US copy or downloading it via US PSN.

Atlus are going to publish Dragon Crown themselves in the EU, so it will return to PSN in the near future.

That's good, but I don't understand their current treatment of the EU. It's like they're going completely digital only for us. :(

NormanicGrav said:
Rena Ryuugu said:
NormanicGrav said:
As a result of the falling out between Atlus and NIS America Europe, Dragon's Crown has expired and will no longer be available for Europe.

The PSN digital downloads have now been delisted and physical copies will soon go out of print.

The good news is that you'll be able to access the game by importing a US copy or downloading it via US PSN.

Atlus are going to publish Dragon Crown themselves in the EU, so it will return to PSN in the near future.

That's good, but I don't understand their current treatment of the EU. It's like they're going completely digital only for us. :(

Thankfully PS3/4/Vita are region free, so you can import physical copies, and with Dragons Crown, there should still be some used copies about from when NISA released it here. The only one I fear for is 3DS :(

Aksys is localising Tokyo Xanadu for Vita and PC in 2017, with physical version announced for Vita

Rena Ryuugu said:
Thankfully PS3/4/Vita are region free, so you can import physical copies, and with Dragons Crown, there should still be some used copies about from when NISA released it here. The only one I fear for is 3DS :(

Aksys is localising Tokyo Xanadu for Vita and PC in 2017, with physical version announced for Vita

The games that I want to acquire for 3DS before it's too late are the Devil Survivor I & II, Persona Q, and Soul Hackers games. And perhaps some Etrian Odyssey.

NormanicGrav said:
Aksys Games

More Visual Novels for Female Otome fans!
  • Bad Apple Wars - PSVita
  • Collar X Malice - PSVita
  • Period Cube: Torikago no Amadeus - PSVita
  • Code: Realize Future Blessings, a fan disc with new routes, remastered - PlayStation 4.
Chase: Cold Case Investigations – Distant Memories - N3DS

Zero Escape: 999: Nine Hours Nine Persons Nine Doors
Zero Escape: Virtue's Last Reward

Both games will be ported onto other platforms.

Tokyo Twilight Ghost Hunters: Daybreak Special Gigs World Tour - PS3, PS4 & PSVita

In addition XBlaze Lost: Memories and Aegis of Earth: Protonovus Assault will both be coming to Steam.

Tokyo Xanadu - PSVita & Steam - First half of 2017.

UPDATE: Aksys are trying to acquire and localise the Hakuouki: Sweet School Life visual novel for PSVita.

Deep Silver will be bringing AtlusUSA and some Sega titles to Europe, including Persona 5 & SMT IV: Apocalypse.

Well, I for one did not see this coming. I wonder how close to the US date they'll manage to get it out.

Rather annoying that Deep Silver struck the deal when they never publish JRPG's or many Japanese games in general. They've sold to the highest bidder and not someone with any true interest in these sorts of titles. SEGA should never have made Atlus push NIS away when NIS have so much passion for what they do. Sure, money is most important for a company - but the existing deal pleased the market which is also important.

I'll wait and see what they do, at the very least I don't think it'll be causing any problems for Persona 5 but smaller titles I fear are likely to be shunted in terms of their limited editions and what Deep Silver bring to the table compared to what NIS did.

I'm just happy the game has a publisher confirmed. I'll give Deep Silver the benefit of the doubt, they haven't released anything like this before, so I'll give them a chance. I'll still likely import because I'm expecting a large delay between the US and Europe, but if they can put out the US LE or equivalent and get it out within a month or so of the US, I'll happily buy it here.

Bit late on the news.

I'm surprised Deep Silver was chosen to handle the Atlus titles from now on. Looking at the catalogue they also handled Catherine which is something (and it turned out well from what I heard) as well as Killer Is Dead (something I need to pickup because I like Suda51 regardless on whether it's bad or not). At least on Twitter they confirmed physical copies for their titles including Shin Megami Tensei IV: Apocalypse so that's good to hear. Personally regarding the whole Mighty No.9 thing, let's be honest the entire kickstarter was a disaster with the amount of delays, backer exclusives going public, backers not getting their copies and even the game itself being a complete mess varying from glitches/bugs to being simply medicore. Granted I haven't played the game myself, but it certainly doesn't look like a solid game based on the final result (the levels look empty and long with nothing going for them).

I'll give Deep Silver a chance. Plus they helped fix the Saints Row IV PS3 glitch back in January (something that many developers would simply ignore because it's a previous gen title). But I do agree with everyone that timing is certainly important since Europe has been screwed over many times due to the lack of a publisher. There's still time to see Persona 5 reach the February release date.

qM3eS8Oh.png

Valkyrie Drive Bhikkhuni heading West courtesy of PQube. The Rice Digital announcement clarified it's PSVita exclusive with a release date set for 2016.

I expect the game to pass through without any censorship (except for ages if it does note them).

Valkyrie Drive Bhikkhuni details revealed.

In addition to being uncensored, the game will be available in physical & digital for the PlayStation Vita on 16th September 2016. The collector's edition is also available exclusively with Rice Digital for £59.99 (standard edition is £34.99).

VD_Collectors_Edition-3-642x364.png

The Collector's Edition aka Liberator’s Edition, includes:
  • 8x gorgeous Art Cards featuring the ladies of Valkyrie Drive
  • Vita Peach Skin Case
  • The Official Soundtrack
  • The Valkyrie Drive: Bhikkhuni Artbook
  • High quality Presentation Box Designed by Takaki-san HIMSELF *-* !!

There is some sort of Persona 5 stream going on just now and something huge just dropped....

[spoilerbutton]There's a Maid Cafe in the game! ;-;
UnnaturalZanyGermanshorthairedpointer.gif
[/spoilerbutton]

Truly the game that just keeps on giving.

Also, Futaba looks tiny,

[spoilerbutton]
j6OLD9I.jpg
[/spoilerbutton]

As for other news, fan favourite Dizzy will be free to download for a week in Guilty Gear Xrd - REVELATOR for anyone who actually cares (most likely just me....), small trailer below....

[spoilerbutton]
[/spoilerbutton]

Last edited by a moderator:

Buzzkillington said:
As for other news, fan favourite Dizzy will be free to download for a week in Guilty Gear Xrd - REVELATOR for anyone who actually cares (most likely just me....), small trailer below....

[spoilerbutton]
[/spoilerbutton]
This announcement kinda got me back into the original (not that the new one isn't ace), her old theme is way better though!

It's 50% off at £5ish on steam at the moment.

Buzzkillington said:
There is some sort of Persona 5 stream going on just now and something huge just dropped....

[spoilerbutton]There's a Maid Cafe in the game! ;-;
UnnaturalZanyGermanshorthairedpointer.gif
[/spoilerbutton]

Truly the game that just keeps on giving.

Also, Futaba looks tiny,

[spoilerbutton]
j6OLD9I.jpg
[/spoilerbutton]

Just when you thought Persona couldn't get any better.

NoSurprises said:
This announcement kinda got me back into the original (not that the new one isn't ace), her old theme is way better though!

Having just listened to her new theme, you're not wrong. I love the older Guilty Gear OSTs (I still listen to X2's somewhat regularly), they really add to the hype of playing a fighting game and that's what they're all about for me, although that may just be the fanboy in me talking lol.

IncendiaryLemon said:
Just when you thought Persona couldn't get any better.
Right? I'm gonna get nothing done in my spare time in this game now lol.

Buzzkillington said:
NoSurprises said:

Having just listened to her new theme, you're not wrong. I love the older Guilty Gear OSTs (I still listen to X2's somewhat regularly), they really add to the hype of playing a fighting game and that's what they're all about for me, although that may just be the fanboy in me talking lol.
Nah I think you're on the money, I find air dashers with plenty of flash and silly rock backing to be infinitely more fun to watch and play than most of the other footsies or death fighters.

Also as a side note; May's new theme is almost as good as her old one, though she seems to play pretty differently now.

gods can't wait for p5, all those previews are so hype!

MY WAIFU FOR LAIFU RETURNS TO SFV!!!

I know no one else on the site probably cares about a character getting added to a game, but I am so excited you have no idea lol gonna miss her dive kicks and teleports though. :/

Back