The Gaming News Thread (for news that doesn't need a thread)

I did tell people on Discord to wait and see before panicking about Deep Silver getting the rights. People acted as if I was genuinely insane for giving them the benefit of the doubt, so it's kinda amusing to see those people all now switch their pre-orders :p

Hopefully Deep Silver won't screw this up...

For the standalone steelbook version, when the first print editions are sold out, the game will be a regular case afterwards.

£80 is a fantastic price for the collectors edition, though I can easily see it being a Game exclusive.

You presumably already know this, but Deep Silver has confirmed that neither edition will be a retailer exclusive.

Now, when it was first revealed that Deep Silver would be handling the European release of Persona 5, I was very sceptical about how the release would be handled. However, they've done a fantastic job of smashing my pessimism. My pre-order is in.

The real question though, is: ShopTo or Zavvi? Before discount codes, ShopTo offer it for only £1.45 more but have a promise of DPD Next Day Delivery, unlike Zavvi who just say "Free Delivery within 1-3 days". I have a lot of shopping experience with ShopTo, but anyone have any Zavvi stories?
If it helps complicate things further, you can use the code VC50 and get 10% off on Zavvi bringing it to £67.49....If you're going for the Collector's anyway, I know you mention before codes, just thought I'd mention an active one.

Never really pre-ordered a game from Zavvi so I'm not really sure what their delivery time is like. I've had pre-ordered anime turn up 4 days early & 2 days late from them too....

Last edited:
I did tell people on Discord to wait and see before panicking about Deep Silver getting the rights. People acted as if I was genuinely insane for giving them the benefit of the doubt, so it's kinda amusing to see those people all now switch their pre-orders :p

The fact it's not massively expensive here has helped in terms of people switching. ;)

Anyways I usually always go with Amazon, and the one time I went with Zavvi they lost my package for a few hours and then it turned up. So take from that what you will...

I ordered with Zavvi for Persona 5 purely because they had it up first, a fiver cheaper than the SRP and I've got FMA Ultimate edition with them so if I'm trusting them with that then I can probably trust them to get Persona 5 here in one piece. :p

Currently working my way through Persona Q again and nearly finished the third dungeon on the P4 side. Still such a good game, not as long as i honestly expected either but thats ok. I expect to finish it in the next week or so i'd imagine to bring my year tally for completion to 8. Needs to get so much higher >_<

Also working on Nights of Azure still which is going well too. It's not exactly a hard game by comparisons sake. But it's certainly got a decent amount going for it. By no means amazing, but it does have some elements that i'm really taken to. I imagine this game can be beaten in about 20 or so hours without too much issue, so i imagine i won't be far off of it despite going through everything.

I keep meaning to go back to PQ. I remembered liking it a fair bit but I think the puzzle bit got a little too hard for my taste. I stopped playing around the horror themed dungeon, if I recall.

I've preordered games from Zavvi before...each time ended up being a bit of a pain, so I wouldn't bother again (unless it was a LOT cheaper than everywhere else).

Each time, they started emailing me a few times per week, apologising they'd not sent me the game yet. It was two-three months before the game was even released, so I wasn't expecting it anyway. The emails got very irritating, but I didn't want to block/junk them in case they actually sent me something of any importance.

The games didn't get dispatched until release day/the day after release, so I didn't receive them until nearly a week after release. I spent a few nice days reading comments online from people talking about how good the games were, but my copy was just floating around in the ether somewhere.

This was a couple of years ago, so they might have got better (or I might have just been unlucky), but it wasn't the greatest shopping experience.

CqeNpfCWEAEZb8L.jpg:large

Well this is going to be a challenge.

For those who don't know Limited Run Games provides physical copies of certain titles that were generally released digital only. However the big issue here is that the copies are not only very limited but also sell out in a matter of seconds. Don't have the money? Tough.

Spike Chunsoft's Mystery Chronicle: One Way Heroics is now one of the titles LRG will be handling this September and there's only 5000 copies for PS4 and Vita each.

LRG is also working with Sekai Project for physical versions of Fault Milestone One DX, Narcissu and World End Economica on PS4 and Vita.

Personally I want LRG to stay away from Japanese games and stick to indie games in general.

I'm quite surprised that Nights of Azure is getting a sequel to be honest, must have done a lot better than I ever thought it would have, then again I can't imagine it's a high budget game to begin with so maybe that explains it....I thought it was pretty awful but I didn't exactly play a huge amount so perhaps it's unfair to judge.

Anyhoo, looks like the first Dark Souls 3 DLC is called Ashes of Ariandel and arrives on October 25th. As excited as I am for more Dark Souls, that's a bit far away for my liking, I was hoping that the announcement tomorrow would be followed by an "Available Now" deal....oh well.

Berserk Musou update!

Wyald-Berserk-Fami-shot_08-23-16_001-600x338.jpg

To my surprise, Koei Tecmo is including Wyald from the Golden Age arc. Now if you've been watching the anime adaptations you'll notice he wasn't shown whatsoever. This person was omitted by Miura himself apparently but if you've read the manga you'll understand why. Anywho he's also a playable character.

Other characters confirmed but only as enemies include:
  • Grunbeld (Hawk of the Millenium Empire arc)
  • Adon Coborlwitz (Golden Age arc)
  • Boscogn (Golden Age arc)

Trailer for the first Dark Souls 3 DLC....

Giving me big Bloodborne vibes. Curious as to why they showed us so many of the old bosses in this trailer :/ I hope there's not many reskins and such of old bosses. That area when he's crossing the bridge looks like the Painted World from Dark Souls 1, would be really cool to go back there tbh.

Anyway, colour me excited.

Last edited:
New Berserk Musou update.

Famitsu lists a couple more enemies! Silat from the Golden Age and Snake Baron from the Black Swordsman.

Here's the full-list:

Golden Age arc:
  • Adon Coborlwitz (Boss)
  • Boscogn (Boss)
  • Casca
  • Femto
  • Griffith
  • Guts
  • Judeau
  • Nosferatu Zodd
  • Silat (Boss)
  • Skull Knight (Other)