The Gaming News Thread (for news that doesn't need a thread)

Re: The Gaming News Thread (for news that doesn't need a thr

Bu....but how could I possibly choose between them :S Awk screw it, my laifu is a shambles at this point anyway, what's one more complication.

Buzzkillington said:
MY WAIFU FOR LAIFU RETURNS TO SFV!!!

I know no one else on the site probably cares about a character getting added to a game, but I am so excited you have no idea lol gonna miss her dive kicks and teleports though. :/

Nice to see Juri coming earlier than expected, my main is back <3

Last edited by a moderator:

Curious about her V-Reversal. Assuming the animation doesn't change on block, then it must be crazy punishable, which would be a first among the cast.

Excited to try her out, though probably won't play too much with her. Still waiting on dat Urien.

I used to always plays as Juri on SF4 - not that I'm an overly experienced player by any means.

Overwatch is my current game of choice - finally caved to it after spending way too long watching videos of it on YouTube. Hoping it'll keep me occupied until No Man's Sky comes out, which is the thing I'm *really* hyped for.

Buzzkillington said:
MY WAIFU FOR LAIFU RETURNS TO SFV!!!

I know no one else on the site probably cares about a character getting added to a game, but I am so excited you have no idea lol gonna miss her dive kicks and teleports though. :/

back in sf4, i never used her
but goddamn i crushed on her so hard it kinda got a little distracting

(and then poison came a long, but that's for another story :p )

Last edited by a moderator:

Juri is up now :D

Had a few matches with her, and it's nice that she is still a perfect match to my play style <3

Her win quotes have been hilarious lol

Little King's Story (Wii) is getting a HD remaster that's out on the 5th. It's getting released on steam, humble bundle store & gog.com (yay for gog)

Spike Chunsoft (the folks who made Danganronpa) are running a poll on Twitter to ask the English fans on which of the four games they would like to see released on Steam.

The choices were:
  • 428: Fūsa Sareta Shibuya de (428: In a Blockaded Shibuya)
    First released: Nintendo Wii on December 4, 2008
    Genre: Visual Novel, Adventure
  • Kamaitachi no Yoru (Banshee's Last Cry)
    First released: Super Famicom on November 25, 1994 (iOS version released in 2014)
    Genre: Visual Novel, Sound Novel
  • Kenka Bancho Otome
    First released: PlayStation Vita on May 19, 2016
    Genre: Visual Novel, Otome
  • Shiren the Wanderer
    Recent title released: PlayStation Vita on June 4, 2015
    Genre: Role-Playing

428 was notable for having a scenario written by Type Moon with an anime adaptation called Canaan.

Persona 5 will release in the EU on 14th of February! Good they managed day and date with the US on this one.

l0L1F40.png

Absolutely amazing news. I just want to know the price. It's currently about £90 total to import from Amazon US, so I hope it's cheaper or about the same.

Thank you Deep Silver for getting the same release date as the US. Hopefully I will be able to get a preorder in or ask for it for Valentine's Day.

Well it seems Deep Silver are good for something, so far. :p I joke of course

Looking forward to seeing pre-orders go up and the horrible expense I'm going to have to pay. Like @IncendiaryLemon was saying, I hope the cost is less than if I was importing from America because otherwise I'll probably still import. There is a lot of games I want at the start of the year and if I can save £10-£20 by playing it later than I can live with that.

Yeah my big issue is you just know the Collector's Edition is gonna be Game exclusive :s I hate giving Game even a penny of my money so this leaves me in a bit of a predicament.

Update on price.

For PlayStation®4 both the Persona 5 “Take Your Heart” Premium Edition as well as the Persona 5 SteelBook® Launch Edition are now available to pre-order. The Persona 5 “Take Your Heart” Premium Edition, available for €89.99 / £79.99, offers the game, SteelBook Collectible Case, Soundtrack CD, 4" / 10 cm Morgana Plush, 64-page Hardcover Art Book, School Bag and Collectible Outer Box. The SteelBook Launch Edition of Persona 5 offers the game & SteelBook Collectible Case, at the price of €69.99 / £54.99. The PlayStation®3 version will be only available in a standard game case at the price of €49.99 / £39.99.

For the standalone steelbook version, when the first print editions are sold out, the game will be a regular case afterwards.

£80 is a fantastic price for the collectors edition, though I can easily see it being a Game exclusive.

Yeah I'm willing to spend £80 on it, not that I really know what I'd want a plush, schoolbag and Soundtrack sampler for (if it was a full OST then sure, but these samplers are always a waste). I do want the steelbook and artbook though so I hope it's not Game exclusive, but I reckon Persona 5 is something I want enough that I'll begrudgingly give them some money. >_>

Now, when it was first revealed that Deep Silver would be handling the European release of Persona 5, I was very sceptical about how the release would be handled. However, they've done a fantastic job of smashing my pessimism. My pre-order is in.

The real question though, is: ShopTo or Zavvi? Before discount codes, ShopTo offer it for only £1.45 more but have a promise of DPD Next Day Delivery, unlike Zavvi who just say "Free Delivery within 1-3 days". I have a lot of shopping experience with ShopTo, but anyone have any Zavvi stories?

Back