The Gaming News Thread (for news that doesn't need a thread)

Indeed I need them all, but damn @ OoT Link
Hhm3Xi6.jpg
lJk7ami.jpg

3HhlExV.jpg

Not owning a Wii U shouldn't impede one from buying Amiibo, they're just little Nintendo figures and that alone is reason enough for many people to buy them. It's not like there's hot Amiibo software out there in any case :p All my Amiibo live on my shelf, why else would one buy a Ness and Lucas Amiibo?!

In any case NX will use Amiibo too including Breath of the Wild so they're future proof.

So there's an event being held tonight by Sony that is likely to be the Neo reveal, does anyone on here plan on buying one/even care that it's a thing? I'm kinda torn on it tbh but I'll most likely end up with one.

On another note, last character for season 1 of Street Fighter V trailer.

He look's awesome and all, but they need to get that practically naked Urien skin added asap, it's just not Urien otherwise.....

So there's an event being held tonight by Sony that is likely to be the Neo reveal, does anyone on here plan on buying one/even care that it's a thing? I'm kinda torn on it tbh but I'll most likely end up with one.

I didn't see the point unless I had a 4KTV, plus the price is going to be pretty high and I honestly can't be fussed by that.

It's really only for those who are extremely picky about framerate and already have a 4KTV.

seeing more and more of civ6 actual gameplay stuff...

looking to be a pretty good game, the way things are going

Suda51's The Silver Case will be available on October 7th 2016 for Steam owners! This the first time the game will be available in English as it was only available in Japan for the original PlayStation back in 1999.

Story:
1999 - the "24 Wards". A string of mysterious serial killings plagues the city.
The detectives of the 24 Wards Heinous Crimes Unit have their eyes on one man: Kamui Uehara, legendary serial killer and assassin of a number of government officials 20 years prior in the now-famous "Silver Case". However, nobody knows who - or what - Kamui really is.

Has he really returned? Who is this infamous serial killer?

As player, you will take control of the protagonist - a member of the Special Forces Unit known as “Republic” - from a first-person perspective. Inspired by classic adventure and visual novel-style games, The Silver Case offers a fresh and unique gameplay experience as it leads the player through an in-depth story containing various puzzles, uncovering the truth piece by piece.

When it was released in Japan, many players found it difficult to complete due to the puzzles. The remaster will be modified so that English players can take the challenge without having to face the complex kanji that the original had. The remaster also offers upgraded visuals and retains a style similar to the original.

A free demo is available for you to give the game a shot. If you like Suda51 games and classic Japanese adventure games then The Silver Case is recommended.

Eb8Ppl8.jpg

And why am I promoting this game? Because it looks really cool and the artstyle/music is very nostalgic, reminds me a lot of the 90s/early 00s Japanese visual novels and adventure games if you ask me. It's also worth noting that if this game becomes successful then we could see more remasters of older Suda51 titles including Killer7 and No More Heroes.

In addition Limited Run Games will be offering a limited physical collector's edition that begins tonight at 11pm until October 20th. Each set will be numbered. The collector's edition will include a physical copy of the game plus an artbook, comic, a game manual and the original soundtrack. Upon ordering the set you will also get a Steam key for the game.
  • Game disc with installer
  • Soundtrack on CD
  • Artbook
  • 22-page manga
  • Two-piece manual set
  • Individually numbered box - numbers will be issued by order of purchase. The box is 7.75" x 9.5" x 1.75" - the same box dimensions as many classic PC games from the 80s and 90s.
  • Game download on Steam

5OgjluC.png

Game will cost on $19.99 (around £14.99) on Steam while the LRG physical copy will be $49.99 (around £40 at current rate) + shipping. For those who have a Mac, the game will be available at a later date.

Just discovered this thing, jaw still on the floor that this amazing shmup is getting the HD treatment

Battle-Garegga-PS4-Dec-12-JP.jpg

Yep Saturn Classic Battle Garegga in HD on PS4 in December! This is a brilliant vertical shooter, second only to Radiant Silvergun. Now this game will finally be affordable after all this time.

Persona 5 English cast has been revealed for anyone who's interested....

Xander Mobus as the protagonist
Cassandra Morris as Morgana
Max Mittelman as Ryuji Sakamoto
Erika Harlacher as Ann Takamaki
Matt Mercer as Yusuke Kitagawa
Cherami Leigh as Makoto Niijima
Erica Lindbeck as Futaba Sakura
Xanthe Huynh as Haru Okumura
Robbie Daymond as Goro Akechi

I'll be honest, I'm not sure who most of these people are as I'm not huge into dubs but I'm hopeful that they deliver.

Small clip...

Yeah I only know Matt Mercer and Cherami Leigh, that said I looked up some of the others and I have heard them in some role or another, mainly other video games.

Anyhoo, looks like tomorrow we'll get our first glimpse of the NX...

Nintendo of America on Twitter

I have no idea what to expect but going by their last two consoles I'm gonna assume it's not going to be of much interest to me and hope to be surprised in the end.

Confirmed: Kingdom Hears HD 1.5 + 2.5 ReMix (includes Kingdom Hearts, Kingdom Hearts 2, Birth by sleep, RE: chain of memories, 358/2 days and re:coded) released exclusively on the PS4 28.3.2017

Back