The Gaming News Thread (for news that doesn't need a thread)

The final Dark Souls 3 DLC will be released on March 28th. I really hope this is better than the first DLC but I feel it's gonna be about the same, still looking forward to it anyway. Sad to think we most likely won't be getting another Dark Souls game in the foreseeable future so this is one last hurrah, hopefully Bloodborne II isn't too far away. Anyhoo, trailer....

I really don't see why. At best you get a few panty shots of girls who are of legal age. It's just a silly comedy game.
This is what the nz censors think about the game and why it was banned.

The game tends to promote and support the sexual exploitation of children and young persons, and the use of coercion in relation to sexual conduct. It depicts young female high-school students in a way that emphasises their sexual availability. For example, doki-doki mode involves the player touching and rubbing the girls to bring them to a state of euphoria , essentially a sort of orgasm. The game also continuously frames high school students as sexually compliant objects to be fetishized and touched regardless of their consent.

The game's lack of difficulty further supports the idea that the intention of this game is for the titillation and arousal of the player, rather than gameplay mastery. It is therefore likely not only to attract people with a prurient interest in young persons, but also to reinforce the belief that a sexual interest in young persons is acceptable, which contributes to their sexual exploitation in wider society.as
The game tends to promote and support the sexual exploitation of children and young persons, and the use of coercion in relation to sexual conduct. It depicts young female high-school students in a way that emphasises their sexual availability. For example, doki-doki mode involves the player touching and rubbing the girls to bring them to a state of euphoria , essentially a sort of orgasm. The game also continuously frames high school students as sexually compliant objects to be fetishized and touched regardless of their consent.

The game's lack of difficulty further supports the idea that the intention of this game is for the titillation and arousal of the player, rather than gameplay mastery. It is therefore likely not only to attract people with a prurient interest in young persons, but also to reinforce the belief that a sexual interest in young persons is acceptable, which contributes to their sexual exploitation in wider society.

A German retailer has leaked 5 Japanese games for the west, all I suspect to be handled under PQube.

OnHI22ol.jpg

Chaos;Child - PS4 & Vita

maxresdefault.jpg

Earth Defence Force 5 - PS4

XSRyFXgl.jpg

Punch Line - PS4 & Vita

4xO1g1nl.jpg

SGZH: School Girl Zombie Hunter - PS4

gaxTXW6l.jpg

Yu-No (remake) - PS4 & Vita

As long they are uncensored.

Completely depends on the content. If it contains questionable content to the PEGI board then it won't pass uncensored. These days the only things that really get censored (In JP games) are things depicting Lolis in questionable poses/clothing, or abusing woman in some way (Criminal Girls punishment scenes)

Completely depends on the content. If it contains questionable content to the PEGI board then it won't pass uncensored. These days the only things that really get censored (In JP games) are things depicting Lolis in questionable poses/clothing, or abusing woman in some way (Criminal Girls punishment scenes)

I wouldn't worry too much.

PEGI is very chill when it comes to this stuff. It's the ESRB that's causing the censorship.

All of those games I've listed above will get through without any issues. Yu-No was once an eroge but the remake is for consoles so the scenes have been tweaked slightly. Chaos;Child will no doubt get an 18 because it's quite violent from what I've heard (and it's one of the few games to earn a Z rating).

NIS America announcements:

Culdecept Revolt and RPG Maker are coming to Nintendo 3DS this year, and Tokyo Tattoo Girls for Vita & Steam this year also.

New Danganronpa V3 due September 29th for Europe.

Touhou Double Focus and Touhou Kabuto V Burst Battle coming to PS4 and Vita this Summer 2017. The latter will also support PlayStation VR.

Ys VIII coming to PS4, Vita and Steam sometime this Fall 2017. English & Japanese audio options plus French support.

New announcements/leaks:

428: Shibuya Scramble is heading west for the first time. Originally released on Nintendo Wii in Japan, the interactive visual novel will be released on PlayStation 4 and Steam in Early 2018. This is one of the few games given 40/40 by Famitsu and also includes a scenario from TYPE-MOON that was then adapted into the anime Canaan.

Blue Reflection: Sword of the Girl Who Dances in Illusions is coming to PlayStation 4 and PlayStation Vita for English zones. Details are unknown but English trophies are now viewable. This upcoming JRPG is from Gust, known for developing the Atelier and Nights of Azure series.

Cyber Danganronpa VR is heading west for PlayStation VR owners digitally on March 10th for Europe.

Fire Pro Wrestling World is coming to Early Access Steam and later on PlayStation 4 from Spike Chunsoft. This is the next instalment in the Fire Pro Wrestling series. Early Access Steam release is sometime in Q2 2017.

Omega Labyrinth Z was unveiled after a viral-like teaser website where touching the breasts would result in a further delay in the announcement (which eventually broke the timer and the devs decided to increase the size of the bust, because Japan). The game will be released on PlayStation 4 and PlayStation Vita with no sign of any English localisation (the first game didn't receive any localisations either). The Omega Labyrinth series is a Dungeon RPG that follows a female adventurer who wants to have a large bust so going through dungeon apparently does just that, because Japan.

Project: Psync was announced from Zero Escape creator Kotaro Uchikoshi. No other details are known.

Star Ocean III: Til The End of Time Director's Cut has received a European trademark.

And here's some PC/Steam release dates for Japanese games:
  • Danganronpa Another Episode: Ultra Despair Girls - June 27th
  • Danganronpa V3 - September 26th
  • NieR Automata - March 17th

Resident Evil Revelations will be coming to PS4 and XBO in autumn this year for NA and EU.

Sega has announced A Certain Magical Virtual-On for PS4 and Vita

If anyone is interested, Atlus have done an unboxing of the Persona 5 Take Your Heart edition.

I'm undecided if I still wanna buy this version or just go for the steelbook as double the price for some stuff I'll chuck in the cupboard is a bit silly, but I do think it looks really nice for what it is. But man, IT'S SO CLOSE!!!!

Last edited:
If anyone is interested, Atlus have done an unboxing of the Persona 5 Take Your Heart edition.

I'm undecided if I still wanna buy this version or just go for the steelbook as double the price for some stuff I'll chuck in the cupboard is a bit silly, but I do think it looks really nice for what it is. But man, IT'S SO CLOSE!!!!

Originally had the game on order via Take Your Heart, but after looking at the unboxing I decided it wasn't for me. So I instead cancelled my £69.99 order from Base and switched to Amazon for £41.99.

Originally had the game on order via Take Your Heart, but after looking at the unboxing I decided it wasn't for me. So I instead cancelled my £69.99 order from Base and switched to Amazon for £41.99.
Yeah I've just canceled mine and gonna order the steelbook from one of my normal places, hopefully get it a day or 2 early as I usually do but being a Tuesday release probably not.

Bayonetta comes to Steam! £14.99.

I'm pretty busy with Persona 5 and I've still to play Zelda (I bought a console just to play it soooooo....) but man, the urge to play Bayonetta downsampled from 4k at a solid 60fps is so damn tempting.....

Back