After rewatching the rebuilds I think easily the third one is the best one. By being different from before makes it more interesting. 2.22 is a good action film but I hate all the changes and just makes me compare to the TV rebuilds and the first one is just boring.

'arguable missteps'.......you're so polite, that's not how I would describe it 😏
I'm keeping an open mind about it, but yes... 3.33 has its quirks. 😅

(That was said with my Eva diplomat hat on again. I wonder what one of those looks like.)

After rewatching the rebuilds I think easily the third one is the best one. By being different from before makes it more interesting. 2.22 is a good action film but I hate all the changes and just makes me compare to the TV rebuilds and the first one is just boring.
😵⁉️

Because 2.22 follows the same path with tweaks like who pilots EVA 3 and Mari’s intro it makes you compare directly to the original episode and the original pilot also getting more severe injuries than Asuka makes the rebuilds choice a bit weird. 3.33 because it’s so different makes it uncomparable it is a better film than the other two it feels like he wasn’t restrained by being forced by following the original path. Yes 3.33 focus on shinji and everybody being a twat at the start to him is it’s major detracting factors but I think it’s easilt the best of the three it’s the most interesting it sets up 4 quite well and you don’t know where they are going to go with it. Yes 4 looks it’s givibg more time to people who aren’t shinji which was the only big fault of 3.33 as what was Mari doing most of the film god knows or what was Ritsuko doing bar having a hair cut god knows. And they showed what happened to Shinji’s friends in timeskip in the 4, 10 mins so it looks like everyone is alive.

I thought that's what you might've meant. I did consider that myself, but I doubt it is him. I certainly don't recall seeing Sakura in that opener. The three female characters I remember being among the WILLE crew are Ritsuko, Maya and Midori.

Justin Sevakis posted this to his twitter today - really interesting read, gives a big insight into Anno as a man.

EESKNDXU4AARWcn
(Quoting this here since this post involves Rebuild.)

Reading that newspaper article above has offered an invaluable insight into what must have inspired the new Eva designs in the current tetralogy. "I cannot love anything perfect", Anno is quoted as saying. "To me, robots without a hand or a leg look better."

He continues: "The robots that appear in my productions usually get injured in battle and end up in bed shape".

Anno must be absolutely relishing long-time Eva mecha designer Ikuto Yamashita's latest creations, then. As Rebuild has progressed, the Evas have gotten into increasingly bad states of disrepair. By the time we reach 3.0+1.0, we have...
DiigArgUwAAz-cs.jpg
Unit-08 has lost both its arms and has been fitted with makeshift replacements attached to a ring and bracket configuration
pnau2M3UMoLFAgFSPDLZbP6EBo49iwnj5b38E-u9cc4.png
What little is left of Unit-02 has been made functional again using spare parts originally intended for Jet Alone

They're really bold designs, and now I feel like I have a better understanding of where they came from.

Back