The Anime/Manga I Bought Today Was...

They have complete sets for season 1 and 2, I won’t lie, I’m pretty close to pulling the trigger on them 😳
GqR2rn7l.png

I don't usually buy B-Style figures, because they're usually just generic bunny figures, but after seeing how cute the Kuma Kuma Kuma Bear one turned out with her personality and incorporation of the bear theme I just had to order it.
1291714.jpg

Yotsuba&! Vol 15 (pre-order) and Hi Score Girl vol 6 from Wordery with the code AUG15
And more volumes of School Live and Yuuna and the Haunted Hot Springs from Bookwalker from a coin back event which has ended so no link. Got in last minute as it's pay day today.

gUqnXoO.gif

Fate/Stay Night [Heaven's Feel] III. Spring Song
Limited Edition Blu-ray Disc Box​

Well this is very amusing and awkward timing given the US is finally releasing it, but I have now ordered the film from Amazon Japan. This set came out back in late March but a number of various factors prevented me from actually getting it sooner (manga/novel stock problems combined with the Anime Ltd pre-orders and the whole PlayStation fiasco). Since now was essentially a void moment for me, I decided it was time to finally get the set done and dusted.

I imported the Japanese releases for the films because it was arguably cheaper and packaging-wise was a bit nicer than the US version (the only thing that I would miss out on outside of the dub were the English translations for one of the booklets). If I wanted the English dub I can always just get the UK standard sets or wait for Aniplex USA to do a movie trilogy box set later down the line if needed be.

With Heaven's Feel sorted, the next Aniplex target will probably go to Apocrypha as Japan is doing a BD-Box and I'm still interested in owning the two LE box sets Aniplex USA have released a few years ago.

gUqnXoO.gif

Fate/Stay Night [Heaven's Feel] III. Spring Song
Limited Edition Blu-ray Disc Box​

Well this is very amusing and awkward timing given the US is finally releasing it, but I have now ordered the film from Amazon Japan. This set came out back in late March but a number of various factors prevented me from actually getting it sooner (manga/novel stock problems combined with the Anime Ltd pre-orders and the whole PlayStation fiasco). Since now was essentially a void moment for me, I decided it was time to finally get the set done and dusted.

I imported the Japanese releases for the films because it was arguably cheaper and packaging-wise was a bit nicer than the US version (the only thing that I would miss out on outside of the dub were the English translations for one of the booklets). If I wanted the English dub I can always just get the UK standard sets or wait for Aniplex USA to do a movie trilogy box set later down the line if needed be.

With Heaven's Feel sorted, the next Aniplex target will probably go to Apocrypha as Japan is doing a BD-Box and I'm still interested in owning the two LE box sets Aniplex USA have released a few years ago.
I look forward to your unboxings of these. I missed the CE from MVM for the first movie, have it for the second one, resulting in a wonky collection heh. Doubt I'll find a reasonably priced MVM CE for the first one now so am just tempted to get either the American or Japanese sets though I don't think I want to part with my money, especially not knowing how bad the import costs would be...

I look forward to your unboxings of these.
Indeed this will be an interesting one as it'll be done in a different location compared to the other two which were back in my old flat (the second one was also annoying to sort out due to the reflection on the digipack).
I missed the CE from MVM for the first movie, have it for the second one, resulting in a wonky collection heh. Doubt I'll find a reasonably priced MVM CE for the first one now so am just tempted to get either the American or Japanese sets though I don't think I want to part with my money, especially not knowing how bad the import costs would be...
The Japanese releases will stay in print for a long while and may even go for cheaper on the auction sites, but in general I would say it all comes down to whether you like to watch it dubbed or subbed since the Japanese releases are subbed only (though a Trilogy BD-Box will probably include the dub like Fate/Zero, Fate/Stay Night [Unlimited Blade Works] and the upcoming Fate/Apocrypha have previously done). Aniplex so far has consistently kept Fate in print whether it's a re-release or the original stock so far.

The Japanese releases will stay in print for a long while and may even go for cheaper on the auction sites,
Top tips, thanks for the info. I can rest easy for now then heh. I watch subs only so either release would do nicely for me.
though a Trilogy BD-Box will probably include the dub like Fate/Zero, Fate/Stay Night [Unlimited Blade Works] and the upcoming Fate/Apocrypha have previously done
Ah, that is interesting. Is that likely in the future then you think? If so, I'd quite happily put up with my wonky collection and wait for that then!

Titles I'm waiting on

Aria The Animation
Darwin's game (aus)
Date alive season 3 (aus)
Free season 1,3 (aus)
Golden Kamuy - Season 1
Golden Kamuy - Season 2
Haibane Renmei
Inuyasha
Nichijou (aus)
Nobunaga the fool
One piece skypiea (aus)
One Punch Man Season 2
Penguindrum
Plunderer Season 1 - Part 1
Pokémon kyurem (aus)
Psycho-Pass: Sinners of the System
Rosario+Vampire
Rurouni kenshin
Samurai Flamenco
Sailor moon season 5 part 2 (aus)
Vampire hunter d bloodlust

New month. Time to rank up again on Bookwalker. Luckily they are currently holding an event with up to 60% (this time ranking counts as well, so I get an extra 12%) coin back on titles with anime adaptations:

I got volumes 1-3 of New Game! and Farewell, My Dear Cramer. Also volume 1 and its prequel of Kageki Shoujo!!
I also got volume 2 of The Legend of Dororo and Hyakkimaru (no link as I'm not sure if this is a remake of the manga or a manga based on the anime which it self is a remake of the earlier anime/original manga, either way it's not a manga with an adaptation, but somehow was included in this event. BTW Sayanora Football the prequel of Farewell isn't in the event even though it does have its own adaptation 🤷‍♂️)
*Affiliate links

Well, I finally cracked and ordered the complete collection of Coffin Princess Chaika from the US (eBay), as season 2 may never be released here. And while I was there I slipped and ordered a copy of Ai Yori Aoshi, as I gave my previous copy to my nieces in Australia years ago and I can't pop round for a "visit" and get it back for the foreseeable future.

Personally I'm looking forward to the next lockdown so I can get through my pending pile!

Kaiji from UP1. It's a bit pricey for sub-onry but it was one of my favourite anime, back in the good ol' days of Madhouse's seinen adaptations that wouldn't sell. The music is amazing, done by 1/2 (never sure which) that did the Death Note soundtrack. So many tracks that stand out despite not being used much, such as this track that manages to capture the essence of childhood PoV innocence. That, and it sounds f***** cool.

Kakegurui S1 as well, tho might cancel as it's pricey for just S1 and AL might yet release it (no clue if licensed). It having a new dub iirc/something not freeeeee* on Netflix swayed me. Another amazing OST full of tension like Kaiji - both being mind-game series - but in a different way; making rewatching a draw. The band/group that did the soundtrack haven't done many anime, and their range of genres including blues/jazz really caught mein ears.

Other stuff:

City Hunter S2 PT2 (I'll order anything CH discotek put out.... and one day, maybe, rewatch~}
Tylor TV (fuk the OVA since split up)
UY1 (UY2 needs a friend)

I'll also be ordering Blade Immortal DELUXEEE vol3, if there's ever stock. And Cigutera when out.

Back