The Anime/Manga I Bought Today Was...

For the second week of the Rightstuf Birthday Sale I picked up 3 Blu-ray titles, of which only one was actually in the sale:

The Twelve Kingdoms Complete Series (Discotek, Low Stock)
The Magnificent KOTOBUKI the Movie (Released a month early, loved the series)
From the New World Complete Collection (In the Sale, Low Stock?)

Coming soon to Grav's vault:

E6LHcXaXsAU7WWZ

Is it Wrong to Try to Pick Up Girls in a Dungeon? II
(Premium Edition Blu-ray & DVD)​

It's been a while since I had not only ordered a Sentai limited edition box set, but also use Rightstuf. It is a pretty expensive order, but the main reason why I used them for this instance is because not long ago Sentai announced that they expect this release to sell out completely before another sale occurs so I decided it was time to act now. This reminds me of when I ordered Sword Oratoria two years ago from Rightstuf's sale which ended up selling out not long after.

Now you might be wondering why I ordered Sentai's over MVM's. The reason is pretty simple as I own Season 1 & the OVA through Sentai and those were also limited edition sets. Basically consistency and given how the franchise is mainly offering roughly one title every few years it's much easier to sort out than others. The Season 2 box is also thinner than the first season for the shelf so size-wise is practically the same as owning a UK variant. DanMachi is one of those shows where you forget that you like the series until you watch more episodes of it.

For those curious about pricing/payment. I used PayPal but also its USD currency through Monzo so I get the best result. This process actually helps a lot because otherwise I would have to repeat Rightstuf's ID/Card evidence verification stupidity as you often have to do that for every address or card info change/adjustment each time. Since it's FedEx shipping it could arrive before the end of the week but I suspect early next week at best.

Got 4 volumes of Attack on Titan from Bookwalker in the same Coin Back Event mentioned above and used them on volume 7 of Yuri is My Job which came out today along with the next volume of Interspecies Reviewers also mentioned above.

Been buying the new Dragon Ball Z Blu-ray sets lately and been giving the Orange Bricks to someone I know who’s kid has got into Anime lately.
Today ordered Seasons 5-8 off UP1 and also ordered Medabots Season 1+2 off UP1 as well. Also watching the Kai edit of DBZ dubbed(use Z to watch subbed) so today also ordered DBZ Kai Final Chapters Part 2(DVD) off Amazon and got a £10 voucher from a survey I did and bought it for £4.99.
Bought the Final part off Ebay with the DBZ Movie Collection(DVD).

Bought Lupin the third the first. Not the first of my Lupin the third purchases but actually the third of them now. The Synopsis say's it mentions Lupin the first but it's actually about Lupin the third as this is the first adventure of Lupin the third. This is also the third release by AL for Lupin the third so I had to get the first CE they put up for Lupin the third the first.

I'll see myself out.

Bought Lupin the third the first. Not the first of my Lupin the third purchases but actually the third of them now. The Synopsis say's it mentions Lupin the first but it's actually about Lupin the third as this is the first adventure of Lupin the third. This is also the third release by AL for Lupin the third so I had to get the first CE they put up for Lupin the third the first.

I'll see myself out.
That was quite the read there 😅 had to do a couple of retakes to grasp this top tier response 🙌

Mooooooore Yuri (another set of anthologies called Éclair, including 2 stories from the mangaka behind Bloom into You) from Bookwalker:
Screenshot_20210718-000040.png

As you can see I got plenty of coin back, this is due to their Ecchi Summer Fair:

I used the coins to buy 3 more volumes of The Melancholy of Haruhi Suzumiya as I'm currently signed up to a VPN and as they are also running a site wide 30% coin back offer, so I got some extra coins back from them too.

*Affiliate links

Already placed next month’s Aniplex order along with a couple of sale items from RightStuf and one from Amazon.
  • Kizumonogatari - Part 1
  • Kizumonogatari - Part 2
  • Kizumonogatari - Part 3
  • Fate/Kaleid - Liner Prisma Illya - Vow in the Snow
  • Fate/Kalied - Liner Prisma Illya - Prisma Phantasm
  • Monster Musume (Steelbook)
  • Bloom into You (Premium Box Set)
  • $10 Blind Box (Free)
  • Uzaki-chan Wants to Hang Out - Season 1 (Limited Edition)
My. Wallet. Is. Done.
And here's me buying the odd one every other month as a treat lol

From rightstuf

Tales of the Abyss
Case File no221 Kabukicho parts 1 & 2
Magical Girl Ore ( how did I not know this had been licensed, loved it when it was streamed on CR)
Laughing Under the Clouds Gaiden movie collection

@Gemsy-chan - I just put in my pre-order for Parts 5 and 6 of Moriarty the Patriot at CDJapan. I almost forgot about ordering them, and they were both showing on their site as only two copies left for their allotment of each set. I got my order in asap, lol. After submitting my order, both listings showed only one left for each. Phew!

@Gemsy-chan - I just put in my pre-order for Parts 5 and 6 of Moriarty the Patriot at CDJapan. I almost forgot about ordering them, and they were both showing on their site as only two copies left for their allotment of each set. I got my order in asap, lol. After submitting my order, both listings showed only one left for each. Phew!
I ordered the last 2 volumes back in April. Glad you managed to get your order in before they go OOP.

Well, Amazon JP also sells the Moriarty sets - you have to search for them in Japanese to find them though - and for a lower price actually (¥6777), so that would be my backup. But, their shipping methods don't allow for you to hold shipping until two releases are available to ship at the same time, and then you have to add a Newtype magazine to each order to help protect them from shipping damage since Amazon would ship them in a bubble bag, so you end up paying about the same price. I'd rather have two releases shipped together with padding inside a box from CDJapan for better protection from damage, and pay a little more.

Last edited:
Last week of the Rightstuf birthday sale, so one last order for me.
Atelier Escha and Logy BD
Aura BD
Blue Spring Ride BD
Bodacious Space Pirates movie BD
Di Gi Charat Ultimate BD
Glass Mask BD
Hamatora and Re Hamatora BD
Magic of Stella BD
Tari Tari BD
Utawarerumono OVA BD
Wakaba Girl BD
All really cheap old Sentai releases that will likely be OOP soon, so I grabbed them before they do.

Got volume 1 of Tokyo Revengers and Chihayafuru for FREE and will buy volumes 2 & 3 for dirt cheap later from this Bookwalker sale:
*Affiliate link

Back