The Anime/Manga I Bought Today Was...

Dan

Thousand Master
Saw a trailer for this and thought it looked great so took advantage of AnimeOnLines sale

Stiivun

Stand User
Just realised I’ve made a massive error and ordered the Patlabor Ultimate Collection on DVD instead of Blu-ray.., it’s already shipped aswell. That’s an expensive mistake to make... I’ve re-ordered on Blu-ray as I feel it won’t even be available on eBay for much longer but damn I annoyed at myself.

Anyone else done it or something similar?

Sure thing, last I can remember was ordering and receiving the DVD of the Roma film, which I only discovered when I actually got it ... yikes 😚

Or ordering/receiving the same Blu-ray again when you actually already have it .... well done that to, so now I have Drifters (yep that one too) CE twice and the US release of Love Tyrant amongst others. And hey I use an application to keep track of what I have, maybe from time to time I’m just faster than my shadow 😁

But sometimes excellent customer support also pops up. At one time I ordered Kokoro Connect DVD by mistake from UP1 instead of the Blu-ray but that one actually never shipped. UP1 just mailed me to warn me that I usually order BD’s and that they saw I ordered a DVD now, and they asked if i wanted it to be changed to the BD edition, I gladly accepted ☺️

Dan

Thousand Master
But sometimes excellent customer support also pops up. At one time I ordered Kokoro Connect DVD by mistake from UP1 instead of the Blu-ray but that one actually never shipped. UP1 just mailed me to warn me that I usually order BD’s and that they saw I ordered a DVD now, and they asked if i wanted it to be changed to the BD edition, I gladly accepted ☺️
Wow that was good of them. Tbh I’ve always found them helpful. Every time I email them they email me back same day and provide great info... sometimes telling me thinkgs I didn’t ask but are very relevant to my query. Got a few things on order with them now actually.

Dan

Thousand Master
Just realised I’ve made a massive error and ordered the Patlabor Ultimate Collection on DVD instead of Blu-ray.., it’s already shipped aswell. That’s an expensive mistake to make... I’ve re-ordered on Blu-ray as I feel it won’t even be available on eBay for much longer but damn I annoyed at myself.

Anyone else done it or something similar?
So it’s turned up and it’s the blu-ray not DVDs like the listing said... now I’m gonna have 2 Blu-ray sets.. I am definitely less gutted though as it will be easier to resell it on hopefully. I’m sure someone was looking for this aswell.

Gemsy-chan

The Wildcard
So it’s turned up and it’s the blu-ray not DVDs like the listing said... now I’m gonna have 2 Blu-ray sets.. I am definitely less gutted though as it will be easier to resell it on hopefully. I’m sure someone was looking for this aswell.

That release was only blu ray anyway, so don’t know why seller put it as dvd.

HWR

CCG’s Reaper
AUKN Staff
Fruits Basket Season One Part Two + Season Two Part One LE & My Hero Academia Season Four Part One + Part Two LE. Both separate orders from United Publications.

NormanicGrav

The Quintessential Pouts
AUKN Staff
Astra Lost in Space
Regular Blu-ray release

Demon Lord, Retry!
Regular Blu-ray release

With the sale concluding this Friday I have made my final order from the Zavvi haul. Fire Force Part 1 unfortunately sold out but if it ever manages to go down to £19.99 on Amazon later then I'll grab it then (I held off because I was hoping Funimation would reveal Season 2 in their April slate to see if an LE was planned but they never revealed their slate to begin with). Therefore I was left with Astra Lost in Space and Demon Lord, Retry!.

All that's left to get from the 2020 releases now from Manga/Funi UK are COP CRAFT (surprised this wasn't included in the sale), Kemono Michi: Rise Up!, My Hero Academia Season 3 collection, and Steins;Gate the Movie. Heroic Age I already own the US Region A release, but if it does return in another sale for similar or even cheaper I'll pick it up as a double-dip title. There's also JoJo but I want to know if Diamond is Unbreakable is coming first otherwise it would be pointless to buy the first three sets to begin with.

Dan

Thousand Master
Birthday presents from the wife 😁

Just a note on the Angel Cop Blu-ray.. had a quick flick through the first few mins. I read a few people on other forums/ platforms say the DVD is better... I’d suggest they get their eyes tested 😛 It looks miles better than the Manga Entertainment DVD... it’s not gonna be as good as other Blu-rays as the master is a Betamax tape and I think they’ve done a great job with it.

Stiivun

Stand User
Just ordered the Megazone 23 set from AnimEigo... went premium so it cost me £110 in total ($90 set, $30 delivery, $24 VAT) I think I feel a bit sick. I didn’t notice the VAT at first so was a bit shocked when I did see the total price... man it better not have any issues.

i need someone to convince me I did the right thing 😱
Finally caved and also ordered the Magazine 23 Premium Set ... and guess I paid the exact same price 😁

Dan

Thousand Master
Finally caved and also ordered the Megazone 23 Premium Set ... and guess I paid the exact same price 😁

It’ll be worth it in the end.. I’m over the money now, it’s just when I initially pay out so much for something I feel really bad but as time goes on... and I get another pay day it eases 😂

We’ll be loving it when it arrives.

Not sure if I posted it on here but I got in touch with them and they are shipping them to the uk to be distributed here. I read someone had posted they’d stopped doing it so wanted to check.. the guy did say it was nightmare atm with Brexit though.