The Anime/Manga I Bought Today Was...

From amiami global:

Just managed to purchase the limited edition Demon Slayer: Kimetsu no Yaiba the Movie: Mugen Train bd with Shikishi board and acrylic keychain stand

Bought a few volumes of various titles from Bookwalker to put me into the next rank for the next month, plus Grand Blue Dreaming vol 13 (out today) which was on pre-order. It also means I have enough coins to pay for the pre-order of Magical Girl Site Vol 15, out Tuesday.
Screenshot_20210625-101604.png

I finally got around to buying the AoA release for Nisemonogatari. Probably the worst show in the series but my frankenstein collection is nearly complete. Just need Owari part 2 after this. I'm keeping my MVM releases for Kizu and still not convinced the second season boxset is actually worth it over the MVM one.

I placed a small order from Rightsuf today, on the first day of their 34th Birthday Sale. Two of the items were in the Sale, one wasn't:

Sabagebu! Survival Game Club from Sale (first anime I ever purchased because I used an avatar image from the series before ever seeing it!)
Blame! from Sale - Already owned the subtitled Japanese release for years, figured I'd finally grab the Viz release for a dub for my friends.
Neo Heroic Fantasia Arion - Discotek item was OOS when I wanted to order it previously when on sale.

This order was well under Rightstuf's $75 free shipping level, so I paid about $2 shipping per item.

Rightstuf Birthday sale order
Celestial method BD
Gamers (Ess)
Hitorijime my hero BD
Long riders BD
Ranma 1/2 seasons 1-3 BD
Seven heavenly virtues BD
Srella womans academy
Waiting in the summer BD (dub)
Yamishibai BD

I keep meaning to finish The Celestial Method! First few episodes were great, hopefully I'll get around to it one day :) Happy Birthday RightStuf :) (unless I have misunderstood and should be saying "Happy Birthday Darren") :)

Anohana: Flowers We Saw That Day from Amazon

Only because I had a "£10 off anything over £25" voucher code pop up when I logged on earlier which took the price down to £17.99. This is where it will pop up as a DotW in the next couple weeks!

Toradora (manga) volumes 4-9 from Bookwalker from their Video Game Fair coin back event:
*Affiliate link

I used the coins to pre-order Super HxEROs vol 3, Bookworm (manga) part 2 vol 1, and Interspecies Reviewers vol 5.

Last edited:
Nice to hear. As a yuri fan it's been on my radar for a while and though I've heard it's mostly Class S it'd be interesting to watch for its influence on the genre

Even tho I'm bi I'm not massively into ships and whatnot so I don't actively seek out lots of yaoi or yuri but I did really enjoy Marimite, and some of it was just so profound and lovely
particularly the storyline about the Buddhist girl and Catholic girl who are drawn to different faiths than the ones they were raised with, that was so sweet and handled fairly sensitively overall, I really wanna find/take a screenshot of that lovely image of the statue of the two monks holding each other that is in one scene of the show
, I also remember it looking really pretty overall, like I'd need to rewatch in HD to really comment on the animation quality but it's def one of Studio Deen's nicest looking shows. Also, FWIW, I'm an atheist and I do think the show's portrayal of a Catholic girls' school is unrealistic but I still think the show has a lot to offer in spite of that.

With fears of it going out of print I ordered Kase-san volume 2 from eBay and volumes 3-5 from Amazon. Considering how a lot of manga (particularly from Seven Seas) are going OOP these days I may as well go digital for any new series

Back