The Anime/Manga I Bought Today Was...

Konosuba: Season 2 Collector's Edition ... what else (you know the commercial I think ;))

Did order it from UP1 though as it’s a tad cheaper than AL preorder price and also only need to pay when it’s actually shipped.

• Screen Anime Annual Subscription - £39.98
  • Konosuba 2 Blu-ray Collector's Edition (with the discount from the above!) from All the Anime - £31.50
  • JoJo's Bizarre Adventure Part 2: Battle Tendency Volumes 1-4 Hardcovers (complete, new) from eBay - £29.99

City Hunter season 1 parts 1 and 2 from RightStuf. I decided to plump for a Got Anime membership at the beginning of the year and this was my first time actually using it, coupled with a promo code they’re running at the moment I saved 20% off in total. Shipping and tax still hit like a truck tho.

Hope for you that you don’t need to pay extra custom charges for this.

But it could well be. Although Zavvi claims to ship most EU packages from their EU hub, there are still yellow stickers on their packages stating the package is from outside the EU and are currently when above 22€ subject to VAT charges.

But it could well be. Although Zavvi claims to ship most EU packages from their EU hub, there are still yellow stickers on their packages stating the package is from outside the EU and are currently when above 22€ subject to VAT charges.

Ah I ordered Konosuba from them, if my order gets charged with customs even though Zavvi claims they ship it from the EU hub I'll charge back through paypal then.

Mangas of Rascal Does Not Dream of Bunny Girl Sempai and Petite Devil Kohai plus Toradora! Vol 1 and Ascendance of a Bookworm vol 1 from the Bookwalker From Light Novels to Manga coin back offer of 30% coin back on the first volumes of the relevant mangas (my 12% from my rank was also added to the coin back, doesn't always happen). Bookwalker are also doing a similar offer on LNs.
I also got CLOVER by CLAMP (which was also had 30% coin back, although I don't think it is on any event I could see) and Interspecies Reviewers Comic Anthology to bump me into the next rank for the next month.
*Affiliate links

EDIT: Plus volume 5 of Dumbbells that I had on pre-order and which came out today.

Last edited:
Ah I ordered Konosuba from them, if my order gets charged with customs even though Zavvi claims they ship it from the EU hub I'll charge back through paypal then.
Well had it already twice with Zavvi packages. Here in Belgium the yellow sticker works like a red rag on a bull, but for instance in Holland not so much, at least that’s what I see on two Dutch forums witch I follow.

So my package with an amount of £30.00 was apprehended and I had to pay 36,20€ extra (12,20€ VAT + 24,00€ Belgian customs ransom money*). So I contacted Zavvi about this and pointed them to their own help pages where they claim you shouldn’t receive any extra costs (then why claim they have a EU hub, but still put a CN22 form on the package + yellow sticker is beyond me). So they actually agreed with this and refunded me. They actually did a refund of 36,55€ no idea where they got that 35 cent extra they paid me back ... I’m pretty sure it wasn’t for my absolutely adorable face 😁

*I’m curious how much this is in other countries, as I think the Belgian government wanted to aim for the top regarding this as it went up considerably in the past years.

Got it. And no import free of 21%

So finally or unluckily (depends on your view point) Amazon finally decide to cancel my order of Code Geass Re;Surrection CE which I've ordered back in September for £19.27. It was to be expected as a lot of users on here already reported theirs to be cancelled ages ago.

The reason they give in their email regarding the cancellation is vague to say to least but sounds more like 'we really don't want to ship that to you for such a low price' 😙🙂

Amazon reason for cancellation

We needed to cancel the orders unfortunately as they have become stuck due to a system issue, the customers may wish to create new ones.

Back