The Anime/Manga I Bought Today Was...

Decided to order one last anime for this month, from Amazon Japan, they evidently are still shipping overseas:

B: The Beginning Blu-ray Box Standard Edition (English Subtitles)

No more anime for me for a while, now - and no Love Live! Sunshine for me, ever! šŸ˜

Last edited:
From Base
Gatchaman Crowds: Insight
Guilty Crown

Heard Guilty Crown is a pretty mixed series but at Ā£12 for both parts I'll give it a go anyway as I can at least find enjoyment in the soundtrack by Hiroyuki Sawano. Also a good excuse to buy Gatchaman Crowds: Insight

Thanks to the boxset deal on Rightstuf, I finally got around to getting the LE of Reincarnated as a Slime. So much nicer than I even thought it was, but with shipping it makes sense to put a few things together. So I also picked up Phi Brain season 2, a very niche series that you have to suspend some of your disbelief about. Fun one though if you can get into it.
Also grabbed a ton of manga on their clearance for less than a dollar each. Now own all but one of the Fate Stay Night manga (it's meant to be not great but at that price I figured I'd give it a try regardless), the three volumes releases of AION (quite an old series about mermaids and the one hunting them), and three volumes of Ratman (an old superhero manga). Unfortunately all three series aren't complete or will be complete due to the publisher going bust years ago but the latter two were all ones I read many years ago so it felt nice being able to get the few I could from them.

Chio's School Road (USA) UP 1.
81eDiqTcp7L._SL_.jpg
Fruits Basket Season 1 Part 2 UP 1.
Frubar-1-pt-2-cvr.jpg
Hinamatsuri UP 1.
71FfaijASTL._SL1500_.jpg

Got tired of waiting for a UK release of Chio/Hina.
Will double-dip on them if they come out in the UK for consistently.​

Last edited:
Coming to the Normanic Vault is...

ib5dC1Fh.png

The Quintessential Quintuplets Season 1
Limited Edition Blu-ray & DVD

Alongside The Rising of the Shield Hero, Quintuplets was one of my favourite shows of the first half of 2019. Love it. You lot already knew that if you've seen my Twitter banner. Hopefully, UP1 is able to secure a copy before the set sells out. The series is scheduled for US release on 18th May with UP1's usual pace adding an additional 1-2 weeks, unless FedEx speeds up the pace.

Coming to the Normanic Vault is...

ib5dC1Fh.png

The Quintessential Quintuplets Season 1
Limited Edition Blu-ray & DVD

Alongside The Rising of the Shield Hero, Quintuplets was one of my favourite shows of the first half of 2019. Love it. You lot already knew that if you've seen my Twitter banner. Hopefully, UP1 is able to secure a copy before the set sells out. The series is scheduled for US release on 18th May with UP1's usual pace adding an additional 1-2 weeks, unless FedEx speeds up the pace.

Silly question here but there hasn't been any word with this being licenced in the UK has there?

Silly question here but there hasn't been any word with this being licenced in the UK has there?
This is more of a case of me wanting to acquire the limited edition before its too late, so even if a UK release occurs like the end of the year, the window is too large to the point where it would be a risk for me to hold out. I've done this a few times, like with How Not to Summon a Demon Lord.

This is more of a case of me wanting to acquire the limited edition before its too late, so even if a UK release occurs like the end of the year, the window is too large to the point where it would be a risk for me to hold out. I've done this a few times, like with How Not to Summon a Demon Lord.

I might do the same here too then. I went ahead and grabbed the Reincarnated as a Slime one recently when I started noticing it was seeming to be trickier to locate online (whether that is still the case may have changed) since I've seen the past some are tough to find if left long enough (Ancient Magus' Bride was a pain due to how long I left it).
I noticed how it has some randomness too with one of the little goodies in what Quint shows up. Best of luck getting your favourite. :)

I might do the same here too then. I went ahead and grabbed the Reincarnated as a Slime one recently when I started noticing it was seeming to be trickier to locate online (whether that is still the case may have changed) since I've seen the past some are tough to find if left long enough (Ancient Magus' Bride was a pain due to how long I left it).
I noticed how it has some randomness too with one of the little goodies in what Quint shows up. Best of luck getting your favourite. :)
Quintuplets is a unique case where I like all of them, so I'm curious to see which one I would end up with.

Quintuplets is a unique case where I like all of them, so I'm curious to see which one I would end up with.
Lucky there. I like some of the characters more than others, so while it's not a 1/5 chance it's probably 2/5 for the one I would want, then up to 4/5 on ones I wouldn't mind getting. So naturally my luck, which loves to swing from fantastic to terrible without warning, will probably give me that 1/5 chance of getting the one I don't actual want.

Back