The Anime/Manga I Bought Today Was...

Girls wIth Guns

Stand User
Picked up from MVM's Deal of the Day:

Berserk Collection - Steelbook Blu-Ray
Samurai Champloo Collection - Steelbook Blu-Ray

Both are a double dip for the steelbooks, as I already own Standard Edition Blu-rays for both - I have MVM's standard Blu-ray box set for Berserk and Funimation's SE release for Samarai Champloo.

Girls wIth Guns

Stand User
Finally re-ordered this bad boy, since I had canceled my original order 2 days before the sets shipped from Sentai at release:

I'm using my Paypal Credit so I can spread out the cost over 6 months - at only $133 per month, that's easily doable.

HWR

CCG’s Reaper
AUKN Staff
Deliberated on getting these from Rightstuf but since I got paid Friday and today’s mega deal was Kimagure Orange Road, a title I’ve had my eye on, I figured why not:
Chihayafuru Season 1 PE
Chihayafuru Season 2 PE
Devil Survivor 2 BD
Fate/Stay Night BD
Flying Witch PE
Kimagure Orange Road BD
Kimagure Orange Road OVAs+Movie BD
Love, election and Chocolate BD
Tales of Vesperia Film BD
The Squid Girl PE

NormanicGrav

Yume no Shima Shinen Kōen
AUKN Staff
Coming to the Normanic Vault is...

GANGSTA.: Complete Series
Collector's Edition Blu-ray

As the Funimation Clearance sale was coming to a close I decided to go for the second batch of orders. GANGSTA. was one of those Anime Limited releases that I wasn't sure if I wanted to own or not, and when the series got snapped back in April 2019 I wasn't that bothered by it. But I know the anime has a bit of a following because I've heard it's actually pretty decent outside of the ending which is abrupt due to Manglobe's demise. When the Clearance sale came to be, GANGSTA. was there for £14.99 and I gave it some thought, but I eventually decided to go for it since it is a CE that honestly, I liked the design over the Funimation US release.

Lucky Star: Complete Series
Standard Edition Blu-ray

One of the first batches of TV anime that I watched when I started getting into anime and that was 8 years ago. Eventually, Anime Limited did rescue the series and offer a CE but at the time I didn't bother. The reason was that the show was an upscale and I wanted to own both formats but that mentality wasn't the best of ideas. When Funimation re-released the series under the Essentials range, they dropped the DVDs which meant that the on-disc bonus features were also omitted as well from the DVD side. So there were two options; go for the Anime Limited standard which went on sale for £9.99 at the Clearance, or import the original Funimation combo pack which would be around £30. I decided to stick to the UK release.

NormanicGrav

AUKN Staff

Code Geass: Lelouch of the Rebellion the Movie III: Glorification

The third and final film of the retelling/reimagining trilogy is finally coming soon so it was to be expected for me to order this. Now I have yet to actually watch the first two films but I plan to watch them all close together.

Mobile Suit Gundam the Origin V-VI: Chronicle of the Loum Battlefield

I had missed out on the early bird offer back in November, but I am glad that it was included in the 20% off sale from MVM. I have watched Origin I-IV from back in September 2018 so I am happy to finish off the OVA series at some point this month or the next depending on how fast the shipping is.

Sunshineabove

School Idol
Forgot that the second film was out so ordered
Code Geass: Lelouch of the Rebellion 2 - Transgression
Code Geass: Lelouch of the Rebellion 3 - Glorification

NormanicGrav

AUKN Staff

(no fun image due to series spoilers)

Attack on Titan Season 3 Part 1
Limited Edition Blu-ray & DVD

Yep that's right, the first part and not the second lol. Long story short, it's taken me this long to get Season 3 Part 1's limited edition so I decided to get it right now as the stock levels for the UK version was low. In fact I think I picked up the very last copy left from UP1 and they shipped it out in like 15 minutes after I had ordered it.

SSSS.GRIDMAN

This show was a surprise to watch and I liked it enough to consider the limited edition version. Happy that Manga was able to bring it over to the UK and thanks to MVM's 20% off sale I saved a fair bit of money for that.

ZOMBIE LAND SAGA Season 1

Like GRIDMAN, this series was also a surprise to watch and I very much enjoyed it enough that I am looking forward to checking out Season 2 (ZOMBIE LAND SAGA REVENGE) when that airs. Much like GRIDMAN, I also ordered this through MVM's 20% off sale.

Stiivun

Stand User
So basically SSSS.Gridman and Zombie Land Saga are clones of the US LE editions, except they don’t contain DVD’s, correct ?

NormanicGrav

AUKN Staff
So basically SSSS.Gridman and Zombie Land Saga are clones of the US LE editions, except they don’t contain DVD’s, correct ?
Complete clones (maybe with the exception of the artwork used on the amaray cases, but the standard edition ones are solid enough).

The LE sets by Funimation in the US interestingly are combo packs, whereas the standard edition is Blu-ray only. Manga's release also keeps the combo pack format on the LEs.