The Anime/Manga I Bought Today Was...

NormanicGrav

Yume no Shima Shinen Kōen
AUKN Staff
OK thanks. Then it’s a rather easy decision getting the UK editions for these :)
Yeah. I decided to stick to the UK versions because £37 is a better offer than £50-65. Plus, given how fast the Manga replicas sell, pre-ordering is the better option at this point.

HWR

CCG’s Reaper
AUKN Staff
Yeah. I decided to stick to the UK versions because £37 is a better offer than £50-65. Plus, given how fast the Manga replicas sell, pre-ordering is the better option at this point.
Yeah they’re almost all gone within the first few days of release. Couldn’t get a copy of Goblin Slayer in time.

NormanicGrav

AUKN Staff
Yeah they’re almost all gone within the first few days of release. Couldn’t get a copy of Goblin Slayer in time.
If it helps and it's not exactly cheap, but Amazon US still has a couple of units left for the US version (which is Region B compatible).

HWR

CCG’s Reaper
AUKN Staff
If it helps and it's not exactly cheap, but Amazon US still has a couple of units left for the US version (which is Region B compatible).
Thanks for pointing it out though I think I’ve sourced a copy elsewhere now luckily. There was a copy briefly in Fopp Covent Garden but it was £60(?) and was damaged by one of those horrendous security devices they strap to boxsets like some sort of explosive.

NormanicGrav

AUKN Staff
Thanks for pointing it out though I think I’ve sourced a copy elsewhere now luckily. There was a copy briefly in Fopp Covent Garden but it was £60(?) and was damaged by one of those horrendous security devices they strap to boxsets like some sort of explosive.
Yeah. When it comes to Funimation and their limited edition sets going out of print, I always found Amazon US to be the one that survives a lot longer and it had been very handy with Death March to the Parallel World Rhapsody when that got released (TL;DR sold out immediately, Amazon had stock for at least 1 month).

HWR

CCG’s Reaper
AUKN Staff
Yeah. When it comes to Funimation and their limited edition sets going out of print, I always found Amazon US to be the one that survives a lot longer and it had been very handy with Death March to the Parallel World Rhapsody when that got released (TL;DR sold out immediately, Amazon had stock for at least 1 month).
Yeah I was lucky getting a copy of that. Did it ever get a SE release?

NormanicGrav

AUKN Staff
Yeah I was lucky getting a copy of that. Did it ever get a SE release?
So far it hasn't. It's a bizarre choice by Funimation (and the publisher is Avex who also handled Yuri!!! on ICE, so I doubt it's a licensing decision). I suspect at the time Funimation were experimenting on the older model of LE first, SE later (Shakugan no Shana Season 2 Part 1, Shiki Part 1 and Steins;Gate Part 1 as examples of the older model).

Takei Daloui

Brigade Leader
Coming to the Normanic Vault is...

(no fun image due to series spoilers)

Attack on Titan Season 3 Part 1
Limited Edition Blu-ray & DVD

Yep that's right, the first part and not the second lol. Long story short, it's taken me this long to get Season 3 Part 1's limited edition so I decided to get it right now as the stock levels for the UK version was low. In fact I think I picked up the very last copy left from UP1 and they shipped it out in like 15 minutes after I had ordered it.

SSSS.GRIDMAN

This show was a surprise to watch and I liked it enough to consider the limited edition version. Happy that Manga was able to bring it over to the UK and thanks to MVM's 20% off sale I saved a fair bit of money for that.

ZOMBIE LAND SAGA Season 1

Like GRIDMAN, this series was also a surprise to watch and I very much enjoyed it enough that I am looking forward to checking out Season 2 (ZOMBIE LAND SAGA REVENGE) when that airs. Much like GRIDMAN, I also ordered this through MVM's 20% off sale.
Funnily enough that's almost identical to me. I just grabbed S3 part 1 today because I saw the box in HMV, it's been there for ages, and just had a glance online knowing that part 2 was coming out soon. Then immediately realised there weren't that many of the box left.

Gridman as well had that good deal. I'll have to briefly pass with Zombie Land saga for this sale and instead grab it from Zavvi though. Got a 10% code there, and while it might not be as good as 20% it does mean I won't have to pay for it until it ships.

Think that's bad, I actual had a copy pre-ordered. Then after a few days after the release they finally cancelled my order saying they couldn't source anymore stock. Had to hunt the stupid thing down at a ridiculous cost, and even then barely grabbed one before the price shot up even higher. Gave me a lesson though. If it's a series I think I really want, order immediately. It'll cost more down the line otherwise if it is popular and it goes out of print.

NormanicGrav

AUKN Staff
Funnily enough that's almost identical to me. I just grabbed S3 part 1 today because I saw the box in HMV, it's been there for ages, and just had a glance online knowing that part 2 was coming out soon. Then immediately realised there weren't that many of the box left.

Gridman as well had that good deal. I'll have to briefly pass with Zombie Land saga for this sale and instead grab it from Zavvi though. Got a 10% code there, and while it might not be as good as 20% it does mean I won't have to pay for it until it ships.

Think that's bad, I actual had a copy pre-ordered. Then after a few days after the release they finally cancelled my order saying they couldn't source anymore stock. Had to hunt the stupid thing down at a ridiculous cost, and even then barely grabbed one before the price shot up even higher. Gave me a lesson though. If it's a series I think I really want, order immediately. It'll cost more down the line otherwise if it is popular and it goes out of print.
I recommend keeping an eye on United Publications for future sets, since they generally sell the Manga Funi LE sets for £38.99 and £4 postage (maybe more depending on your location). I pre-ordered Goblin Slayer through UP1 for that same price.

Takei Daloui

Brigade Leader
I recommend keeping an eye on United Publications for future sets, since they generally sell the Manga Funi LE sets for £38.99 and £4 postage (maybe more depending on your location). I pre-ordered Goblin Slayer through UP1 for that same price.
I saw them mentioned recently. They handle UK stuff as well as stuff from other regions right?

Stiivun

Stand User
Well the wallet is drained again.

In MVM's sale
  • Code Geass: Lelouch of the Rebellion I - Initiation (Collector's Edition)
  • Code Geass: Lelouch of the Rebellion II - Transgression (Collector's Edition)
  • Code Geass: Lelouch of the Rebellion III - Glorification (Collector's Edition)
  • Devils and Realist
  • Devils' Line
  • Mobile Suit Gundam - The Origin V & VI (Collector's Edition)
  • SSSS.Gridman (Limited Edition)
  • UQ Holder
  • ZOMBIE LAND SAGA (Limited Edition)
And from UP1, Twin Star Exorcists Part 2, 3 & 4 and Attack on Titan: Roar of the Awakening. Although those four are also in the MVM -20% sale, it came cheaper to order them at UP1.

farzam1999

Hunter
Bought some titles since last update:
  • Castle in the Sky
  • Haikyu!! - Season 1
  • Haikyu!! - Season 2
  • K-On! - Ultimate Collection
  • Kabaneri of the Iron Fortress
  • One Punch Man
  • Princess Mononoke
  • Princess Principal
  • Scum's Wish

D1tchd1gger

Chuunibyou
Okko's Inn is £10 on Amazon.

I ordered the Code Geass EB when It would of been cheaper from AOL, it happens. 🙃
Penguin Highway is £40 on ALs store, can't remember EB, but I guess with the discount it's the same or even less.
You win some, you lose some.