The Anime/Manga I Bought Today Was...

Familiar of Zero made angry towards the entire cast. It was such a bad show.
I got through three episodes before I could take no more. I hated all of them so much.

I'm actually enjoying it so far, I find it endearing silly I guess? But I get why it wouldn't be for everyone, and also I am still on Season 1 so I could conceivably grow to dislike it later on if what I like about it is dialed back :)

Car insurance for 2022....

With what I had left over though I also snuck in a Rightstuf order to finish up my AoA Monogatari collection. Expensive but after doing the math this is probably the only time I could justify upgrading my MVM discs for 2nd Season. So now I have the full series in AoA format (apart from Kizu which is still MVM but it seemingly uses the same discs so no difference).

1640355700700.png

It won't arrive until the new year but will have the Limited Edition of Hyouka on the way, I have Part 1 of the AL release but it could be forever until I come across Part 2 for a price I'm willing to pay, maybe one day. I'll keep a hold of it as it's a KyoAni show and want it in my collection, I don't mind double dipping on KyoAni.

This is my last anime purchase for 2021. Now the long wait to the February 25th release date. This will be the 14th Korean Lenticular Limited Edition anime boxset in my collection. EMS shipping is a bit of a hit, but worth it for timely international delivery during Covid.

I think the 3D Lenticular for this set is quite clever - it relates very well to the scene in the movie. The motion of the 3D image is visible in the link below:

Your Name Korean 4K+BD Steelbook - 3D Lenticular Motion Image on Slipbox

yournamekrlenti.png

Last edited:
This is my last anime purchase for 2021. Now the long wait to the February 25th release date. This will be the 14th Korean Lenticular Limited Edition anime boxset in my collection. EMS shipping is a bit of a hit, but worth it for timely international delivery during Covid.

I think the 3D Lenticular for this set is quite clever - it relates very well to the scene in the movie. The motion of the 3D image is visible in the link below:

Your Name Korean 4K+BD Steelbook - 3D Lenticular Motion Image on Slipbox

yournamekrlenti.png
Oh I’ve just bought this too, but I went through media psychos rather than the kimchi website. Additionally, if you’ve not already heard, nova media have announced they’re doing all of shinkai’s back catalogue starting next year though there’s no mention of steelbooks yet. Hopefully kimchi do weathering with you for a complete set.

Visited HMV today.
Mainly for NCIS LA 12 but went to the Anime section.
Akudama Drive. They didn't have the other possibilities in stock but noticed

Nisekoi. I'm probably daft because they only had season 1 part 2 and season 2 parts 1+2.
Each part £7.99 which I thought cheap.
Guess I'll have to read what happens in the first part. 🤦

Visited HMV today.
Mainly for NCIS LA 12 but went to the Anime section.
Akudama Drive. They didn't have the other possibilities in stock but noticed

Nisekoi. I'm probably daft because they only had season 1 part 2 and season 2 parts 1+2.
Each part £7.99 which I thought cheap.
Guess I'll have to read what happens in the first part. 🤦
Nisekoi if it's Blu-ray then only Season 1 part 2 is hard to get hold of and you will be able to pick up S1pt1 easy enough for probably a smidge more new maybe a bit less 2nd hand, if its DVD probably not all that bad prices either (part of the DVD problem is if your buying online is there in chunky boxes so they work in postage cost).

Additionally, if you’ve not already heard, nova media have announced they’re doing all of shinkai’s back catalogue starting next year though there’s no mention of steelbooks yet. Hopefully kimchi do weathering with you for a complete set.

Hmm, I'm trying to think if any of the Korean lenticular releases I got actually came from Nova Media - maybe Ninja Scroll? Most I think are from other distributors, The Blu, the On, Ive, Media Hub... OK, yes, after researching, Nova did do Ninja Scroll as a lenticular, and also does a lot of other lenticular releases, so if they do ones for the Shinkai movies, I'll bite on them. If not, I already have enough non-lenticular US and UK copies of all his movies in my collection.

Nisekoi if it's Blu-ray then only Season 1 part 2 is hard to get hold of and you will be able to pick up S1pt1 easy enough for probably a smidge more new maybe a bit less 2nd hand, if its DVD probably not all that bad prices either (part of the DVD problem is if your buying online is there in chunky boxes so they work in postage cost).
Thanks for that. They were DVDs.
Must have been sitting on the shelf for years. Watched a couple of episodes and I probably won't be rushing to buy the beginning.

One of the discs won't load but I've only tried it on one player so far.

If anyone is interested Akudama was £36.99. Bit more than I could've paid but I took it home immediately and started it same day.
Loved the beginning. Doctor my favourite. 🤕

Well, 2022 has started with an impromptu anime purchase while making my way to see the family for new year.

Just saw season 1 of Attack on Titan in store in CeX for relatively cheap and have had the urge to rewatch it all, so grabbed it.

Made an order with Mandarake for:
Love Live! Nijigasaki High School Idol Club 7 volume Blu-ray collection
Keifuku-san DVD
Love Live! Superstar!! art book
Love Live! Nijigasaki High School Idol Club fan book

Since I hate consistency in my collection I went for the Japanese release of the Nijigasaki series. But more seriously Nijigasaki is my favourite instalment in the franchise thus far and I figured I'd go for something a bit grander than the usual Anime Limited release. Threw in a few extras as well including Keifuku-san, a neat little OVA from Studio Irodori, the creative trio behind Kemono Friends' first season and Kemurikusa.

Ordered two Japanese Blu-ray Releases from amazon.co.jp yesterday, and they will be delivered on Monday:

RWBY Volume 8 First Press Limited Edition
Radwimps: Your Name Tokyo Philharmonic Orchestra Concert

61ZrsrQyTTL._AC_SX569_.jpg

716JaI-CJKL._AC_SX569_.jpg

Last edited:
Vagabond vol 4 and pre-ordered Yuru Camp vol 11 using the code for 10% off from filling out a survey on Wordery:

Came across the Region A versions Magical Index 2 and Scientific Railgun 2 for £10 each on ebay and I couldn't not buy them for that price.

Now just to get the first seasons, probably next month. The decision now is do I get the UK versions of the first seasons or try to get the USA release...?

I think the main annoyance with the UK versions was they switched from Blu-ray cases too a flimsy box with 2 DVD cases for dual play for season 2 (but you've avioded that for the most part), so there was never really a good way to display (I just re-cased a bunch on stuff into the S1's). Seaons 1 of the UK one's also had a 14mm case with art box (or can come/ may have been first run only). US Season 1 is just a slip cover I belive.

The US season 2's I think are in fat blu-ray cases so I would think mixing wouldn't matter too much, but they also haven't pushed out Season 3 or anything more recent in the UK, so will have to wait and see if that even happens.

Jus t a quick check if a certain set of disc has any defects via the defective disc thread:
A Certain Scientific Railgun season 1 (Manga UK): There's a 7-second video glitch which was also present on the US edition.

I suspect UK version will be easier and cheaper to get hold of and probably just margina cover differnces but depends how much that'll bother you(), may even find one with an art box, and region B is always a nice option.

From a Bookwalker coin back event:
Pandora in the Crimson Shell: Ghost Urn Vol. 1 & 2
Ghost in the Shell Standalone Complex Vol. 1 & 2
Ghost in the Shell: Global Neural Network

Back