The Anime/Manga I Bought Today Was...

Girls with Guns

Dragon Knight
Made 2 orders with Sentai and 2 orders from Rightstuf, and picked up some sale items for a good price, especially with preorders of Kakegurui from Sentai for $27.99 and Redo of Healer as a weekly special for $34.19...

From Sentai Filmworks:

The Pet Girl of Sakurasou
Hero Mask Seasons 1 & 2
PET
Maria Watches Over Us Seasons 1-4
My Teen Romantic Comedy SNAFU Seasons 1 & 2
Kids on the Slope (re-release/repurchase)
Black Bullet (re-release/repurchase)
Kakegurui Season 1 (Pre-order)

From Rightstuf:

Golden Kamuy Season 3
Nozo x Kimi
Yamishibai - Japanese Ghost Stories
Redo of Healer
(Pre-order)

Girls with Guns

Dragon Knight
I guess I'm really on a buying spree now, lol. Because of upcoming releases of Laputa and Totoro in two weeks, I decided to work on collecting all the UK Studio Ghibli Collector's Edition releases - just the ones with the 3-panel digipacks in the side-load slipboxes and 5 art cards (not the oversized sets with the artbook), because I'm a huge fan of digipaks with spanned art across all the panels like these have. Since AL is starting to get a little sparse with their CE digipak releases anymore, and most of those are only 2-panel digipaks, I may as well go for all these nice Studio Canal ones.

I already have these two in my collection:

When Marnie was There
From Up on Poppy Hill

And I just ordered these from Amazon.co.uk and ebay.co.uk:

Arrietty
Princess Kaguya
The Wind Rises
Laputa: castle in the Sky (pre-order)
My Neigbor Totoro (pre-order)

I think the only other one I am missing yet is the Ponyo CE? If anyone knows of other Ghibli CE sets I am not aware of, please let me know.

Last edited:

D1tchd1gger

Flame Haze
From the Let's Smile coin back event on Bookwalker:
No Game No Life (manga) Vol. 1
Dirty Pair Omnibus
Secret of the Princess
Our Teachers are Dating! Vol. 1

And pre-ordered for next Tuesday:
Whisper Me a Love Song vol 4
Non Non Biyori vol 15

Girls with Guns

Dragon Knight
I ordered three anime Blu-ray sets from DeepDiscount yesterday, using their 15% off code:

Evangelion 2.22
Evangelion 3.33
Full Metal Panic
Season 1 Anime Classics

I do own the Evangelion 1.11 Collector's Edition from Anime Limited, so I'll have all 3 Eva movies on Blu-ray now. I sure wish 2.22 and 3.33 could have gotten the same CE treatment from AL. I also own the FMP Collector's Edition boxset from AL, so I'm just double dipping on the US version for the Region A discs.

Last edited:

Girls with Guns

Dragon Knight
Finally found a copy of the Ponyo Collector's Edition Blu-ray/DVD on Thursday and ordered it:

81N1kUQgHVL._AC_SL1500_.jpg

And, yesterday I pre-ordered one more new Studio Ghibli CE title, releasing this November - Porco Rosso, a Top Ten Ghibli movie for me. More gorgeous 3-panel digipak artwork!

812VJICz35L._AC_SL1500_.jpg

I really wish they would show an image of the artwork on the reverse / outside of the CE digipaks too, but I guess those images will just have to be a surprise for when I receive them!

This brings the total UK Ghibli Collector's Edition releases to 9, and I'll be caught up with all of them once I recieve all my orders.

RadFemHedonist

Vampire Ninja
Finally found a copy of the Ponyo Collector's Edition Blu-ray/DVD on Thursday and ordered it:

81N1kUQgHVL._AC_SL1500_.jpg

And, yesterday I pre-ordered one more new Studio Ghibli CE title, releasing this November - Porco Rosso, a Top Ten Ghibli movie for me. More gorgeous 3-panel digipak artwork!

812VJICz35L._AC_SL1500_.jpg

I really wish they would show an image of the artwork on the reverse / outside of the CE digipaks too, but I guess those images will just have to be a surprise for when I receive them!

This brings the total UK Ghibli Collector's Edition releases to 9, and I'll be caught up with all of them once I recieve all my orders.

I love Porco Rosso too! I know you're not a fan of Ponyo but I enjoyed that as well. But ye PR is top-tier :)

Girls with Guns

Dragon Knight
I love Porco Rosso too! I know you're not a fan of Ponyo but I enjoyed that as well. But ye PR is top-tier :)

Well, I think all of the Studio Ghibli movies are good to decent, it's just that I happen to like Ponyo the least out of all of them because it is aimed at too young of an audience for me to get into it at all. Overall, the Ghibli movies that are most disliked by the masses, like Earthsea and Ocean Waves, are in my Top Ten favorite Ghibli movies, while the most popular ones, like Spirited Away and Totoro, are down around 17 and 18 for me. Still, I do actually like Ponyo more than Studio Ponac's Mary and the Witches Flower, which I thought got extremely childish with the story.

Last edited:

Girls with Guns

Dragon Knight
Crap, just found out Elysian released a Studio Ghibli Collector's Edition of Earwig and the Witch that pretty much matches the Studio Canal CE's, so I had to order yet another Ghibli CE today, lol...

71kaOMPb64L._AC_SL1500_.jpg

D1tchd1gger

Flame Haze
For their 6th Anniversary Bookwalker are currently running a 60% coin back event on the first 6 volumes of numerous series and 40% CB on any beyond those.
So I bought the following for cash:
Girl Friends (yuri) Vol. 1
No Game No Life (manga) Vol. 2
Sayanora, Football Vols 1 & 2
Transparent Light Blue (yuri)
Whispered Words (yuri) Vols 2 & 3

And then the rest free with coins I earned (in 3 separate blocks to earn more coins for the subsequent block):
Ascendance of a Bookworm (manga) Vols 4-6
Chio's School Road Vols 5 & 6
New Game! Vols 4-6
Whenever Our Eyes Meet... (yuri)

Leaving enough coins for the pre-order of Grand Blue Dreaming vol 14.

J-Novel Club titles aren't receiving the 60% on the first 3 volumes because they are on sale as part of their 5th Anniversary:

There's also a sale on all things Attack on Titan and comic (says manga, but international manga) versions of Western Classics, some Shakespeare, Jane Austen, etc.
*Affiliate links

D1tchd1gger

Flame Haze
Time for the next round of DVDs for my little sister:
5 Centimetres per Second (second hand from Musicmagpie)
Garden of Words (new off Amazon)
And the Kaze CE of Journey to Agartha (aka Children Who Chase Lost Voices) from eBay. This also solved the problem of not owning the Blu-ray myself yet!