The Anime/Manga I Bought Today Was...

It has staff from FLCL working on it
Aside from director Kiyotaka Oshiyama (who only provided mecha designs and key animation for the FLCL sequels) there's not really many big connections to FLCL in the main staff.

Best comparisons would be Devilman Crybaby episode 5 and Space Dandy episode 18 both directed by Oshiyama. Would also recommend Devilman Crybaby episode 9 and Your Lie in April episode 5 which were directed and solo key animated by Flip Flappers' chief animation director and character designer Takashi Kojima.

Got a bit more Christmas money so got Shomin Sample and Yurikuma Arashi from AL and The Flowers of Evil from MVM as it was only £1.99.

I do want to try and get as many of the Funimation titles released under Anime Limited as soon as I can while they're still at decent prices, made that mistake with a bunch of Animatsu titles already.

It's kind of hard to explain but it has staff from FLCL working on it and is stunningly visualised and animated, it's about the bond between two girls and there's science fiction and mystery elements. (I also give fair warning that it contains a significant amount of fanservice involving said two girls - particularly during the transformation sequences - and they look rather young, that's the only thing I disliked about the series, but I still think it's amazing and I own the UK Collector's Edition which is gorgeous).
Okay, thanks. I'll likely see if I find some clips on YouTube then to get an idea of it and see what I think.

Cardcaptor Sakura CE, Boogiepop Phantom CE and Night is Short, Walk On Girl on Blu-ray (to compliment The Tatami Galaxy), I used my 15% Anime Unlimited one-time discount code on this order :)

Made what is probably going to be my last Christmas sale purchase which is the Limited Edition of Monthly Girls' Nozaki-kun, have had my eye on it since day one and don't know if I'll ever get it this cheap again.

In the end, I bought Eva UE again yesterday XP I know I'll get it later now but that's fine (ordered directly from AL again when it said you could add to cart again must be due to cancellations) :) TBH I wasn't devastated at the prospect of not getting one (cuz I already have the Platinum DVD Artbox and full set of singles with all the shiny slipcovers, plus I have plenty of other nice anime in fancy editions, so I feel pretty materially blessed as it is) but I would like one anyway as it is one of my favourite anime :)

A few volumes from Bookwalker events that finished this morning. I waited till the last minute because I got paid today.

Konosuba: An Explosion on This Wonderful World! vols 1-3
Manga version of this spin-off story.

OIRAN NEE-SAN vols 1-5
A historical tale from inside an Edo period brothel told from the perspective of a 'kamuro', a young apprentice to her Oiran Nee-san or courtesan.

Noticed this set on Zavvi. Was gonna get the two part set that had the Manga label on them, but looks like Funimation are doing a steelbook. Nice that not all of the Manga/Animatsu branded shows will have a tenuous print status.13419242-3904900839084180~2.jpg

Haikyu To The top SE Preorder- I will get the CE whenever it comes as well but as they still haven’t released a CE for Vinland Saga yet even though they promised it I want to own Haikyu S4 asap so I can watch it all again next year

Had £20 of credit with CeX do took a gamble and ordered the Durarara Ketsu Blu-ray from them. Let's see what state it turns up in!

Only need to get Durarara Ten now.

I did not like The Familiar of Zero which I bought all series of in the sale for £16 total.

Luckily however their trade in value was almost double what I paid for them, so I just traded them in along with one other thing and bought these to arrive after Christmas. Items of much higher quality in my opinion.Screenshot_20211222_151848_com.cex.android~2.jpg

Back