The Anime/Manga I Bought Today Was...

Bleach: Fade to Black Limited Edition [DVD] [JP]
711IWL8YFwL._SL1000_.jpg

I saw this, and just fell in love with the package, and ordered a used one off Amazon that seemed to be in really good condition for 690 yen

Ordered from All the Anime:
Eden of the East - Complete Series: Collector's Edition (Blu-ray)

I decided to take the £29.99 early offer before it expires. I haven't seen the series before so I wanted to take this opportunity. This is basically the Funi CE with just the TV series so I figured the offer was pretty reasonable (and apparently the movies are not that great).

Manga
Cardcaptor Sakura Bilingual edition volume 1
Cardcaptor Sakura Bilingual edition volume 2
Sailor Moon Deluxe Japanese Volume 1
Attack on Titan Bilingual edition Volume 1

Preordered Anime from Amazon

Blood Blockade Battlefront Collector's Edition
Your Lie in April Collector's Edition Part 1
Digimon Tri: Reunion Blu ray

I finally caved after watching the new trailers for it

The Visions of Escaflowne Ultimate Edition

I really need to watch myself in my spending now. The only other anime I really want this year is Overlord. I'll ask for Outlaw Star, and Lucky Star as Christmas presents.

Ordered from All the Anime:
Your Lie in April - Part 1: Collector's Edition (Blu-ray)

I decided to take the £34.99 early offer before it expires. Basically the same reason with Sword Art Online II, I felt the UK release had better value than the US edition. The OST that Aniplex has honestly isn't the one I want (Boku to Kimi to no Ongakuchou is the one I want, for those who don't know it's all of the performances that the characters played).

pre-ordered from Zavvi
Outlaw Star - Zavvi Exclusive Collectors Edition blu ray

As it had gone down in price since it was first listed and i had a 10% off voucher for a survey i did i decided to get it from Zavvi.

510aE4GHITL.jpg

Ordered from Amazon UK:

Free! Eternal Summer - Complete Series: Collector's Edition (Blu-ray)

Doctor notified me that the set was currently being sold for £38 on Amazon UK. And since I have a promo code to use for joining Student Prime (STUDENT5), I got the set for £33. Effectively being much cheaper than the £34.99 early bird deal that Anime Limited offered.

rlHwH6k.gif

Code Geass Lelouch of the Rebellion Collector's Edition Blu-ray from Right Stuf...glad i got it now and didn't dither as its now OOP on their site.

not anime or manga but i ordered Joker Game 2017 calendar from CDJapan.

Code Geass Lelouch of the Rebellion Collector's Edition Blu-ray from Right Stuf...glad i got it now and didn't dither as its now OOP on their site.

not anime or manga but i ordered Joker Game 2017 calendar from CDJapan.
I decided against the CE as it was art cards glad I have as it doesnt stand up straight and has mono audio

Persona 3 - Movie 4 - Winter of Rebirth LE
Code Geass: Akito the Exiled Part 5 LE

Both from Amazon Japan, £121 for 1 movie and an OVA ;_; Never again, but hey at least I can now start watching them....

kvtH0Ezm.jpg
RiwaFJfm.jpg

Kabukimonogatari: Mayoi Jiangshi - Limited Edition [Blu-ray]
Otorimonogatari: Nadeko Medusa - Limited Edition [Blu-ray]

So yes I am very delayed on this and the rate got **** this month. But whatever, we brits have to deal with it. So the original plan was to order these sets over on United Publications UK however Otori was listed as out of print (when it's actually back in stock) and when I asked them they apparently deleted it from their database. As such I ordered just Kabuki and they told me via E-Mail that apparently it's listed without the LE contents, which I was like 'da ****?'. So I decided to play the safe route and order them from Rightstuf because I have a feeling UP1 missed the memo on the current Aniplex status.

The total was about $49.98 x2 and $12.73 shipping, in pounds that's around £95. It's expensive but it's my decision and I do have funds left to acquire them.

In addition as I am planning on attending MCM Comic Con Birmingham I am going to be picking up some Anime Limited sets, however it seems a lot of them have been pushed back so I may end up only going after Blood Blockade Battlefront, Escaflowne, Makoto Shinkai pack and Miss Hokusai.

Today I renewed my Netflix subscription in the first time in forever. Whilst I do intend to watch non-anime on it (Black Mirror S3 hype!) it also turns out there are a bunch of anime on the service I really want to watch such as:
  • The Seven Deadly Sins
  • Ajin Demi Human
  • Rurouni Kenshin
  • Black Butler Season 2 (I own S1 on DVD)
  • Magi
  • Black Lagoon
  • The Irregular at Magic High School
  • Mushi-Shi
  • Little Witch Academia
  • Yuki Yuna is a Hero
  • Samurai Flamenco
  • Gunslinger Girl
I did only intend to subscribe for a month, but I didn't quite realise just how much Anime was on there.

Back