The Anime/Manga I Bought Today Was...

I need to pick up TiR too, still a bit salty Lemon got the US set on here before me.... :p

That said, the price Grav paid is pretty close to the £50 I was willing to pay for the UE.....I'm assuming it's from Musicmagpie yeah?

Im more interested in the 61 weeks of exercise and who rewarded you for working out lol

I'll explain it in the General Convo thread, I have referenced this in the past (and also on Discord).

I need to pick up TiR too, still a bit salty Lemon got the US set on here before me.... :p

That said, the price Grav paid is pretty close to the £50 I was willing to pay for the UE.....I'm assuming it's from Musicmagpie yeah?

Yes I used the 20% discount code on Music Magpie. I figured it was a good opportunity to get it since the code expires late Monday.

ordered from wordery
The Heroic Legend of Arslan vol 5

ordered from bookdepository
Seraph of the End vol 10
Baccano (novel) vol 2
Yowamushi Pedal (omnibus) vol 3

Only Yesterday, from Music Mapgie. I felt remiss not using that 20% off code to buy something.

From eBay:
Welcome to the NHK manga vol 1-3. Already own vol 1, but I got the three for a really good price.
Aqua vol 1-2, Aria vol 1-6. Tokyopop versions. Own ADV's vols 1-2 of Aria already but again, bought as a bundle for a really good price.

I did consider ordering Otaku no Video recently, until it transpired that the shipping costs would be 170% of the value of the product itself.

My mum got a £20 discount code from eBay, but she didn't have anything in particular to spend it on before it expires so she let me use it. I promptly used it to buy Yona of the Dawn BD for £11, happy days :D

Haven't noticed this before, but it also has been a while since i last ordered from RightStuf. I see they now have 'Expedited International' shipping.

Has anyone used this already ? And if so, does that work the same as with Amazon where you actually already pay for the custom charges ?

Screen%20Shot%202016-09-09%20at%2017.55.39.png

It's surely higher than Amazon Expedited shipping where i have one item now that will ship and there it's $9.98 + $23.07 for Import fees deposit.

The amount i had in the RightStuf basket was about the same as my Amazon order, about $5 more for the items at RightStuf. So yeah they might have a laugh :)

If custom charges are included on the RS one that it's not so bad (still wouldn't pay) but if it's a flat fee then they can do one.

It's just as bad as Akadot, I want to buy yaoi manga from them but they charge about $50 for shipping just 1 book.

Just put a $10 item in my RS basket expedited shipping is $51.16.

Added a bunch of high value items to the basket and the shipping scaled up $4 so I'm guessing no VAT prepayment.

On a related note a USPS priority envelope costs $34.95 is capable of holding a couple of Manga and is delivered to the UK in six days.

Last edited:
i think someone should just contact TRSI to see if that higher priced shipping also comes with a customs deposit. If it is just expedited shipping, you're paying a heck of a lot more just to get it a bit quicker. 6-10 days? That's very poor. Especially vs places like Amazon Japan that charge reasonable shipping and get it to you in 4 days, even though Japan is further away from us than the US is.

Back