The Anime/Manga I Bought Today Was...

NormanicGrav said:
Sinthetic said:
NormanicGrav said:
Pre-ordered on UP1USA:
Toradora - Complete Series: Premium Edition (Blu-ray/DVD)
I'm new to UP1. When can we expect these to ship out mate?
I got Karneval 2 weeks ahead of US release, but my Shiki hasn't been sent yet (out today). :x

It varies. In terms of pre-orders Funimation and Sentai sets can arrive a week early or at the release date (not sure about Nozomi/TRSI, NIS America and Discotek though).

I'm sure with Shiki they'll have the item being processed tomorrow. Just keep following the order status every day and something will happen (they're active from Monday to Friday; 9am to 6pm UK Time, 8am to 1pm EST).

In case you're wondering, UP1 and UP1USA are pretty much the same (an exception being the prices (I find USA cheaper than the UK site) and certain limitations (Manga is only available on the UK site)).

I'm new to using UP1 as well so i was wondering you could answer a questions i have.

It looks like postage on the UK site is only £1.20 plus 70p for each additional item but how much would it be on UP1USA?

Also how long would it take to arrive from UP1USA as i've heard if its in stock on UP1 they usually get it to you within a couple days.

DragonBlaze67 said:
I'm new to using UP1 as well so i was wondering you could answer a questions i have.

It looks like postage on the UK site is only £1.20 plus 70p for each additional item but how much would it be on UP1USA?

Also how long would it take to arrive from UP1USA as i've heard if its in stock on UP1 they usually get it to you within a couple days.

Regarding the Postage in UP1USA it's quite tough to explain due to the currency rate. DVD/Blu-ray is $3.15 [~£1.86] and Packing is $2.25 [~£1.33] which is slightly more expensive than the UK counterpart. The thing is, the prices for the items are cheaper but the postage is more expensive.

Regarding how long it takes to arrive, it's the same as the UK site based on my experiences. For instance Immediate Delivery titles arrive the next day or two once ordered for ASAP.

DragonBlaze67 said:

They are one and the same basically.

As for speed, I placed an order for a couple of BD's at 7:35 this morning and the in stock one was dispatched from UP1USA at 9:32. The Manga I ordered from UP1 last night was dispatched at 10:34 this morning, shocking delay I know but they presumably had to get a box from the stores or something :)

Since I've got some extra cash (It's my Birthday this Saturday), I decided to get 3 NIS America sets. One of them is in fact no longer in print. I'll reveal them when they arrive.

I bought Another, the complete Omnibus manga volume from Yen Press via Book Depository, probably won't arrive till Monday but at least the pricing is better than Amazon and UP1.

The 3 NISA sets have been dispatched this morning. The other items are still being searched (sigh).

NormanicGrav said:
I bought 1 Omnibus manga volume from Yen Press via Book Depository, probably won't arrive till Monday but at least the pricing is better than Amazon and UP1.

The 3 NISA sets have been dispatched this morning. The other items are still being searched (sigh).

Still teasing us with the reveal I see, I assume because the 3 sets have shipped the out of print one is included in that?

Rosencrantz said:
Still teasing us with the reveal I see, I assume because the 3 sets have shipped the out of print one is included in that?

Felt like doing something different for a change just this once (I've pretty much revealed them on Twitter so in the end there's no surprise whatsoever), I just checked UP1 it looks like they have one or few more copies (didn't think they'll have that much for NIS Premium sets) of the now Out of Print Premium title. A standard edition will eventually come out at some point, probably will be revealed at Anime Expo this July.

As a matter of fact I was going to consider Katanagatari but they didn't have the second half in stock, knowing that it's the next one in line for going out of print/stock.

On an off topic note I hope NIS America rescues Higurashi (considering they have the spinoff series Umineko) and Genshiken (everything before Second Season).

NormanicGrav said:
On an off topic note I hope NIS America rescues Higurashi (considering they have the spinoff series Umineko) and Genshiken (everything before Second Season).

Siren Visual have both seasons of Higurashi if thats any help or are you waiting for a blu ray?

SnowWolf said:
Siren Visual have both seasons of Higurashi if thats any help or are you waiting for a blu ray?

I'm aware of the Australian release thanks but I'm just waiting until an eventual special release or if possible a Blu-ray version.

Was at Sunnycon anime convention over the weekend and got the following:

* Cuticle Detective Inaba - Region 1
* Humanity Has Declined - Region 1
* Ranma 1/2, Part 1 - Region 1
* Girls Und Panzer manga Vol. 1
* Gakuen Polizi Vol. 1
* World War Blue Vol. 1

Ordered Hellsing Ultimate Vol.5-8 Blu-ray from Zavvi. Using a 10% discount code I had plus some of my rewards points, I got the price down to £19.

Back