The Anime/Manga I Bought Today Was...

Ario said:
K-ON!! (SEASON 2) COLLECTION CANCELLATION NOTICE
Slykura said:
Dear fans,

We regret to inform you that due to unforeseen circumstances, K-ON!! (Season 2) collection on btoh DVD and Blu-Ray, originally slated for release in June, will no longer be available. Fear not however, as the half season collection sets will still be available for purchase. We sincerely apologies for any inconveniences this may have caused.

Well isn't that just a big stick up the jacksy... Guess I'll have to find the separate parts too. May I ask where the previous poster is ordering their copies?

[EDIT] Never mind just noticed Ezydvd are having a good June deal of buy 2 get 10% off. Total for K-on!! season 2 pt's 1&2 including delivery was $89.67 (about £50)

Past week

Amazon.com
Yu-Gi-Oh Season 4 - $22
Dragonball z season 1 blu ray - $17

All Your Music
Yu-Gi-Oh Season 3 - £20

Supermart_USA
K Limited Edition - £36

Ebay.co.uk
Managed to grab a bargain the NHK complete series for £5 buy now like new

Preordered Patema Inverted Collector's Edition and Bodacious Space Pirates complete BD from Zavvi.

Also while browsing Zavvi I noticed that FLCL was no longer listed on BD, and I remembered MVM saying that they don't generally do second print-runs of their BDs so I grabbed a copy from Base.com just in case it's close to disappearing.

BanzaiJedi said:
Preordered Patema Inverted Collector's Edition and Bodacious Space Pirates complete BD from Zavvi.

Also while browsing Zavvi I noticed that FLCL was no longer listed on BD, and I remembered MVM saying that they don't generally do second print-runs of their BDs so I grabbed a copy from Base.com just in case it's close to disappearing.

Oh! Thanks for that. I'll order myself a copy next month to avoid that possible annoyance. Cheers!

Ordered Psycho Pass complete collection on BD to make sure I get it at a decent price when it drops (& before it possibly shoots back up again) on Amazon. May change it to up1 or base depending on what price it ends up at.

High School of the Dead Ova: Drifters of the Dead Blu-Ray
Naruto Shippuden The Movie: Bonds Blu-Ray
Naruto Shippuden The Movie: The Will of Fire Blu-Ray
Naruto Shippuden The Movie: Lost Tower Blu-Ray

Pre-ordered from United Publications USA:
The Devil is a Part Timer - Complete Series: Limited Edition (Blu-ray/DVD)

Anohana Movie Collector's Edition and Puella Magi Madoka Magica Beginnings & Eternal set are considered but I'll probably wait until August for the time being (part of the reason is that I'll be away for 1 week starting the 28th). It's quite worrying though considering these two could sell out at launch despite being expensive (£47 and £60 respectively), but with Anohana given a standard release it might last a while (it's also a semi-sequel to the main series so that helps, note that I haven't seen it either). With regards to Kill la Kill I'll wait until the later sets arrive and see how they perform, more people will go for the standard versions than the Collector's because it's 4 episodes (then again, Madoka proved us wrong).

I will be getting Senran Kagura: Ninja Flash but not when it's out (considering the franchise's appeal and the mixed reception, there's still time). Sometime in the Q4 line up.

NormanicGrav said:
Pre-ordered from United Publications USA:
The Devil is a Part Timer - Complete Series: Limited Edition (Blu-ray/DVD)
I should really buy this, I enjoyed this show more than 99% of the stuff I've watched over the last couple of years.

The manga that I didn't buy this week was the entire Mahoromatic series, due to the winning bidder on Ebay putting in the winning bid with 10 seconds to go and eclipsing me by 10c.

What I did get from other retailers was:

Outlaw Star: The Complete Series (DVD)
Legend of Korra: Book 2 - Spirits (Blu-ray)

From Zavvi;
Accel World BD part 1 and part 2 (preorder)
K-On!! season 2 DVD parts 1 & 2

From Speedyhen;
Claymore vol 25 (preorder)
xxxHOLiC omnibus 3 (preorder)

Ordered from UP1 (USA):
Aquarion Evol: Part 1 LE & Part 2 (DVD/Blu-ray)
Problem Children Are Coming From Another World, aren't they?: Complete Collection (Blu-ray)

Back