The Anime/Manga I Bought Today Was...

NormanicGrav said:
Lutga said:
Does anyone know what's happening with JoJo's in the UK?

I keep getting emails from Viz Media saying the digital manga volumes are out now, but I can't find them anywhere in the UK (Amazon etc.) - only the print volumes of Stardust Crusaders...

Phantom Blood is coming out in February 2015 in deluxe Omnibus editions (presumably 3 volumes) while Battle Tendency will be out sometime in 2015.

Ahh great, thank you! Will definitely be picking those up.

I've just sent off for the MVM deal of the week Berserk Complete Collection.
I also managed to find the limited edition of Patlabor Movie 1 with the booklets (the bits I wanted) for only £11, last time I looked it was £200.

Amon81 said:
I also managed to find the limited edition of Patlabor Movie 1 with the booklets (the bits I wanted) for only £11, last time I looked it was £200.

Nice score by the sound of things :)

Couple of my order from UP1 are en-route

Toradora Permium, To Love Ru Darkness BD, Nisekoi Vol 4 and some figure which I now need to work out where I can put them :)

Amon81 said:
Very nice, I recall the Patlabor sets were very cheap on Rightstuf (now sold out) while UP1 was keeping the ridiculous price tag.

Hopefully Maiden Japan continue the series with more Blu-ray sets (OVA 1 and TV series are done, leaving the Movies and OVA 2 left to handle).

Rosencrantz said:

Toradora Permium, To Love Ru Darkness BD, Nisekoi Vol 4 and some figure which I now need to work out where I can put them :)

My Toradora Premium just got dispatched, ETA either tomorrow or Monday.

Regarding To Love Ru, how are the subtitles for the first two seasons (I presume you have them) since I've been keen on having the ecchi series for quite a while (and force my flatmates to marathon the entirety while I'm at it).

NormanicGrav said:
Rosencrantz said:

My Toradora Premium just got dispatched, ETA either tomorrow or Monday.

Regarding To Love Ru, how are the subtitles for the first two seasons (I presume you have them) since I've been keen on having the ecchi series for quite a while (and force my flatmates to marathon the entirety while I'm at it).

No major complaints, not perfect ofc, but I'm more willing to forgive a typo or two from sentai than the ones I've seen in Animplex releases (considering I'm paying a premium for them).

They are ofc as yellow as ever, if you happen to dislike yellow coloured subs.

Rosencrantz said:
No major complaints, not perfect ofc, but I'm more willing to forgive a typo or two from sentai than the ones I've seen in Animplex releases (considering I'm paying a premium for them).

I'm not fussed on the colour of the subtitles. That reminds me, did you figure out what I got weeks back? :lol:

NormanicGrav said:
Rosencrantz said:

I'm not fussed on the colour of the subtitles. That reminds me, did you figure out what I got weeks back? :lol:

Ye I found it thanks

Daily Lives of High School Boys - Complete Series: Premium Edition Blu-ray
Ground Control to Psychoelectric Girl - Complete Series: Premium Edition Blu-ray/DVD
Nyaruko: Crawling With Love

If I'm not mistaken

Speaking of Nyaruko: Crawling With Love, season 2 is available on UP1 to pre-order, best do that now :)

Rosencrantz said:
Speaking of Nyaruko: Crawling With Love, season 2 is available on UP1 to pre-order, best do that now :)

Until I found out how much I'm getting for my second year I'll be pre-ordering about 5 items instantly. But congrats you found them, speaking of Nyaruko I've been saving it for last and I'm loving the second season's opening.

NormanicGrav said:
Rosencrantz said:

Until I found out how much I'm getting for my second year I'll be pre-ordering about 5 items instantly. But congrats you found them, speaking of Nyaruko I've been saving it for last and I'm loving the second season's opening.

I've actually had the song on my youtube play list for quite some time :)

Stopped in town on the way to work and got:

Battle Royale: Angel's Border (I wish Viz would rescue the original manga and give it a better translation)
Flowers of Evil 10
Happy Marriage 6
My Love Story 1
Natsume Yuujinchou 16
Pandora Hearts 12
Watamote 4

The King of Pigs and The Fake Blu-ray combi-pack. (Korean animation but still...) cannot wait to receive this.
Code Geass Season 1 Blu-ray (£14 from amazon, bargain)

Pre-ordered the SAO II OP/ED CDs @ CDJapan. I bought three of the four CDs for the first series, so I may as well carry on with it.

Another odd question too, does anyone know whether external bonuses are clearly marked on orders?
The OP CD clearly says First Press Bonus, whilst the ED does not, but does that mean only the OP will come with the external bonus? It's still available for both.

Pre-ordered from Rightstuf:
Attack on Titan - Part 2: Limited Edition + Artbox (Blu-ray/DVD)

Securing my order on Rightstuf rather than whenever UP1 gets it, since it's probably going to have limited quantity.

Anywho I'm frickin glad that Rightstuf was able to get the artbox and that Funimation decided to include it with the Limited Edition set.

If you want to get the artbox version you can go here.

Volumes 2 + 3 of Magi from Wh Smith (would have picked up digitally, but felt tempted to buy the physical volumes as I hardly ever see them in stock)

Weirdly enough, the Wh Smith round the corner from my work has tons of manga - they even still have the old TokyoPop side-boards set up in the sci-fi/manga section! Obviously never got round to taking them down when TokyoPop bit the dust.

NormanicGrav said:
Pre-ordered from Rightstuf:
Attack on Titan - Part 2: Limited Edition + Artbox (Blu-ray/DVD)

Securing my order on Rightstuf rather than whenever UP1 gets it, since it's probably going to have limited quantity.

Anywho I'm frickin glad that Rightstuf was able to get the artbox and that Funimation decided to include it with the Limited Edition set.

If you want to get the artbox version you can go here.
Emailed UP1. I suppose we'll see what they respond with.

Lutga said:
Weirdly enough, the Wh Smith round the corner from my work has tons of manga - they even still have the old TokyoPop side-boards set up in the sci-fi/manga section! Obviously never got round to taking them down when TokyoPop bit the dust.

Yeah I saw the one in Sheffield's city centre having TokyoPop's side-boards. Makes me think that they don't realise they're gone.

Bought the Australian Attack on Titan Part 1 BD. Was going to wait for Part 2 to get both at once, but it seemed to be going out of stock regularly on DevotedDVD so I thought it would be prudent to grab it while it was available.

Still can't believe Manga are stripping the extras off the discs that come as standard elsewhere to artificiallly create their 'Collector's Edition' . All they had to do was clone the US discs and I would have waited and bought their release...

Back