The Anime/Manga I Bought Today Was...

NormanicGrav said:
Lutga said:
Weirdly enough, the Wh Smith round the corner from my work has tons of manga - they even still have the old TokyoPop side-boards set up in the sci-fi/manga section! Obviously never got round to taking them down when TokyoPop bit the dust.

Yeah I saw the one in Sheffield's city centre having TokyoPop's side-boards. Makes me think that they don't realise they're gone.
Walking into a WH Smiths is like going back in time about a decade anyway because that's roughly how long most of the products have been on the shelves. How they keep going with magazine sales the way they are (and cheaper competitors for pretty much everything else they sell) I don't know. They've rented out a pitch actually inside the store to charity canvassers in my local branch, which I can't imagine will do anything except make more potential customers AVOID shopping there.

Transformers - The Movie

Saw a new copy of the Australian Madman Blu-ray, which is mean to be by far the best release of the film, on Amazon so thought it was about time to add it to the collection.

Cancelled my Amazon order for Attack On Titan part 2 LE.
Placed a new Amazon order for Attack On Titan part 2 LE with box.

I feel that this has been a productive evening.

R

Gone and upgraded another 2 in my collection to blu-rays.

Samurai Champloo from Amazon.com. worked out to be about £18 inc postage

Elfen Lied from deepdiscount.com. about £20 inc postage.

Morbo86 said:
Gone and upgraded another 2 in my collection to blu-rays.

Samurai Champloo from Amazon.com. worked out to be about £18 inc postage

Elfen Lied from deepdiscount.com. about £20 inc postage.

I heard the audio for the elfen lied BD is totally jacked up.

NormanicGrav said:
windcott said:
I heard the audio for the elfen lied BD is totally jacked up.

Only the English dub is jacked up (it's not that great from what I've heard anyway).

I'm a pretty big fan of the english dub, its got kira vincent davis in it, who I think is very underrated.

Preordered the following,
Hanasaku Iroha Movie: Home Sweet Home Premium Edition (Region A Blu-ray)
Attack on Titan Part 2 Limited Edition & Artbox (Region 1/A DVD/Blu-ray)

animefreak17 said:
Rena Ryuugu said:
Rin, Daughters Of Mnemosyne, Summer Wars and Gurren Lagann Anime Legends boxset all for £2.40 :D

o_O................note to self.......find out how the hell she does it lol.

Someone donated some anime at the charity shop I volunteer at today, so I was able to pick out the ones I wanted. I already had Gurren Lagann, but it was nice to be able to pick up a spare copy.

Rena Ryuugu said:
animefreak17 said:
Rena Ryuugu said:
Rin, Daughters Of Mnemosyne, Summer Wars and Gurren Lagann Anime Legends boxset all for £2.40 :D

o_O................note to self.......find out how the hell she does it lol.

Someone donated some anime at the charity shop I volunteer at today, so I was able to pick out the ones I wanted. I already had Gurren Lagann, but it was nice to be able to pick up a spare copy.

Lucky.

Moved to Zavvi due to discount code:

Attack On Titan CE
Space Dandy CE
The Wind Rises CE

Re ordered with discount code:

Nekomonogatari BD (came to 11.64!)

Ordered cause discount code for part 2 and bought part 1 for 12.99 why the hell not, it's a good price & you buggers didn't snatch up all the copies this time :p

Accel Wold Part 1 & 2 on BD

I used the Zavvi code to get the following,
The Wind Rises - Collector's Edition (DVD/Blu-ray) - I originally ordered it from Base
Toradora Complete Collection (Blu-ray)

I won Devil May Cry the anime series on Blu-Ray from Ebay. Even though i gave it a 1/10 years ago, i'm willing to give it a second chance. Maybe now that i know what to expect, i might actually enjoy it this time.
I also bought Demon City Shinjuku. I remember seeing this as a kid years ago. I loved it! It will be great to see this again!

Back