The Anime/Manga I Bought Today Was...

Accel World part 1 Bluray
Accel World part 2 Bluray - Ordered them before they went out of stock for £12.99 each on Zavvi

Blue exorcist Movie collectors edition bluray £12.99 Base

Morbo86 said:
Just Passing Through said:
On my continuing quest to upgrade to Blu-ray... placed an order for the K-On saga, both ! and !!

Turned out that Madman Ent are the cheapest right now. Ignore the collection for S1, the individual Blu-ray volumes are $9.95 apiece, with collector's artbox with V1. S2 Part 2 is just $29.95, and the only full price item is S2 Part 1 at $64.95 and the exchange rate is $1.80 to the pound...

Should sneak in under £100 once I get clobbered by customs. I'll still double dip if S1 ever gets a Region B compatible audio upgrade

Looks like we are doing the same thing! I ordered the K-on! set 5th June and I'm still waiting for delivery from Oz... As its payday, season 2 is being brought! Season 2 complete You might like to have a look at this complete season 2 package, released just 8 days ago.

Well, my K-On Blu-ray care package came today, less than a week after despatch, and with the wrong postcode on the address, and a whopping big box of Blu-ray dodged the customs police! Happy dance...

Last edited by a moderator:
Not posted in a while but here goes on what ive been buying of late
Transformers Headmasters, Super God Masterforce and Victory
Code Geass S1 and S2
Full Metal Alchemist Brotherhod set
Appleseed XIII
Slayers Next
A Woman Called Fujiko Mine
Blood C
Blood C last dark
and more copys of patlabor thinking they were the Bandai Dub

NormanicGrav said:
Rosencrantz said:
Still teasing us with the reveal I see, I assume because the 3 sets have shipped the out of print one is included in that?

Felt like doing something different for a change just this once (I've pretty much revealed them on Twitter so in the end there's no surprise whatsoever), I just checked UP1 it looks like they have one or few more copies (didn't think they'll have that much for NIS Premium sets) of the now Out of Print Premium title.

I just realised you never posted what these 3 sets were, bearing in mind I don't follow on twitter

Rosencrantz said:
NormanicGrav said:
Rosencrantz said:
Still teasing us with the reveal I see, I assume because the 3 sets have shipped the out of print one is included in that?

Felt like doing something different for a change just this once (I've pretty much revealed them on Twitter so in the end there's no surprise whatsoever), I just checked UP1 it looks like they have one or few more copies (didn't think they'll have that much for NIS Premium sets) of the now Out of Print Premium title.

I just realised you never posted what these 3 sets were, bearing in mind I don't follow on twitter

Well they're on the Receive Today Photos Thread (June Update #3) if you're curious. Heh. There's also June Update #4 and July Update #1 a few pages after that.

Ordered from UP1:
Accel World: Parts 1 & 2 (Blu-ray)
Ikki Tousen - Xtreme Xecutor: Complete Collection
Familiar Of Zero: Season 1 Collection (Blu-ray)

Tokyo Babylon DVD
Arpeggio of Blue Steel Vol. 1
The Seven Deadly Sins Vol. 3
Black Butler Vol. 9
The Melancholy of Haruhi Suzumiya Vol. 18

I've ordered a bunch of SAVE's!

Mushishi
Welcome to the NHK
Shuffle (for the BF )

I wanted the original versions but after spending a while looking at all the sites I know for price comparison. These on Amazon won. I got all 3 for about £35.

I was SO closed to ordering Peach Girl but the reviews have made me doubt it. Also almost ordered XXXHolic but the reviews of it where each episode gives you like a lesson learned, it sounds like/reminds me too much of Reqieum From the Darkness which I could not get into at all! Didn't like the animation, nada. Could I be wrong about these two and should give them a go?

thanks JPT, before I read a random online review I was interested as UP1 has parts 1 and 2 for £6 each but then the review made it sound too much like Reqiuem so i became undecided. I might purchase later in the month so it doesnt hit this months credit card bill hehe.

-Danielle- said:
thanks JPT, before I read a random online review I was interested as UP1 has parts 1 and 2 for £6 each but then the review made it sound too much like Reqiuem so i became undecided. I might purchase later in the month so it doesnt hit this months credit card bill hehe.

st_owly said:
I've seen both parts of the UK release of Holic in HMV for £5 each, just FYI.

Alternatively base.com has them for £5.69 each, not has good as HMV but who has one of those around these days? Also no postage costs like UP1.

Does anyone know what's happening with JoJo's in the UK?

I keep getting emails from Viz Media saying the digital manga volumes are out now, but I can't find them anywhere in the UK (Amazon etc.) - only the print volumes of Stardust Crusaders...

Lutga said:
Does anyone know what's happening with JoJo's in the UK?

I keep getting emails from Viz Media saying the digital manga volumes are out now, but I can't find them anywhere in the UK (Amazon etc.) - only the print volumes of Stardust Crusaders...

Phantom Blood is coming out in February 2015 in deluxe Omnibus editions (presumably 3 volumes) while Battle Tendency will be out sometime in 2015.

Back