The Anime/Manga I Bought Today Was...

Went on a bit of a spending spree in CEX today I got:

Blu-rays:
Last Exile - Fam, the Silver Wing Part 1
Guilty Crown Part 2

DVDs:
Naruto Series 3-5
The Slayers Next

I also got Magi Part 1 blu ray but they stupidly put the dvds discs in the set instead of the blu ray discs so i'll have to take it back tomorrow :(

UP1USA shipped an order consisting of:
Nekomonogatari Shiro (or Siro if you go by the packaging >_>)
Shiki S.A.V.E.
Tenchi Muyo: War on Geminar Part 1
Tenchi Muyo: War on Geminar Part 2
Henneko
Sakurasou Collection 2

fabricatedlunatic said:
You bought Henneko? Huh, I figured you wouldn't considering one disc + no dub (meaning no alternative to giant yellow subs).
I want to watch Henneko, and I felt like buying it since UP1USA had it in stock. I also want to look at the technical side like filesizes, bitrates etc and actually see it for myself.
I don't have high expectations for the release though, and to be honest no dub is a good thing. I still utterly hate Sentai's effing cover though.

ilmaestro said:
Mangaranga said:
I still utterly hate Sentai's effing cover though.
lol, hadn't seen this before.

Just... lol.

I had that reaction when it was revealed. Still I don't know what to expect with their covers sometimes it starts alright then it goes mad (take UPOTTE! for instance). Not to mention they're planning Operation Fan Service at Anime Expo.

I'm not sure what the issue with the Henneko cover is. I mean, there's plastic over the top of it. Easy enough to wipe clean.

I'd definitely be interested in the vital stats of the disc. Huzzah for our guinea pig!

NormanicGrav said:
Still I don't know what to expect with their covers sometimes it starts alright then it goes mad (take UPOTTE! for instance).
Also hadn't seen this one. Do things like this really increase sales enough to offset how much you end up looking like chumps to anyone with a brain?

ilmaestro said:
NormanicGrav said:
Still I don't know what to expect with their covers sometimes it starts alright then it goes mad (take UPOTTE! for instance).
Also hadn't seen this one. Do things like this really increase sales enough to offset how much you end up looking like chumps to anyone with a brain?
This is Sentai we're talking about here. The same company that delivers poor to mediocre products, and has a pretty poor QC team. (This sums things up nicely)
How else are they going to get brainless fans to impulse buy their products?

fabricatedlunatic said:
I'm not sure what the issue with the Henneko cover is. I mean, there's plastic over the top of it. Easy enough to wipe clean.
I chuckled heartily, hooray for shamelessness.

ilmaestro said:
Do things like this really increase sales enough to offset how much you end up looking like chumps to anyone with a brain?
Hooray for shamelessness!

Last edited by a moderator:
ayase said:
ilmaestro said:
Do things like this really increase sales enough to offset how much you end up looking like chumps to anyone with a brain?
Hooray for shamelessness!
I mean, look, I'm not going to make myself out to be something I'm not here... but that Upotte!! cover is just so... unrefined.

Last edited by a moderator:
On my continuing quest to upgrade to Blu-ray... placed an order for the K-On saga, both ! and !!

Turned out that Madman Ent are the cheapest right now. Ignore the collection for S1, the individual Blu-ray volumes are $9.95 apiece, with collector's artbox with V1. S2 Part 2 is just $29.95, and the only full price item is S2 Part 1 at $64.95 and the exchange rate is $1.80 to the pound...

Should sneak in under £100 once I get clobbered by customs. I'll still double dip if S1 ever gets a Region B compatible audio upgrade

Just Passing Through said:
On my continuing quest to upgrade to Blu-ray... placed an order for the K-On saga, both ! and !!

Turned out that Madman Ent are the cheapest right now. Ignore the collection for S1, the individual Blu-ray volumes are $9.95 apiece, with collector's artbox with V1. S2 Part 2 is just $29.95, and the only full price item is S2 Part 1 at $64.95 and the exchange rate is $1.80 to the pound...

Should sneak in under £100 once I get clobbered by customs. I'll still double dip if S1 ever gets a Region B compatible audio upgrade

Looks like we are doing the same thing! I ordered the K-on! set 5th June and I'm still waiting for delivery from Oz... As its payday, season 2 is being brought! Season 2 complete You might like to have a look at this complete season 2 package, released just 8 days ago.

Morbo86 said:
Just Passing Through said:

Looks like we are doing the same thing! I ordered the K-on! set 5th June and I'm still waiting for delivery from Oz... As its payday, season 2 is being brought! Season 2 complete You might like to have a look at this complete season 2 package, released just 8 days ago.

K-ON!! (SEASON 2) COLLECTION CANCELLATION NOTICE
Slykura said:
Dear fans,

We regret to inform you that due to unforeseen circumstances, K-ON!! (Season 2) collection on btoh DVD and Blu-Ray, originally slated for release in June, will no longer be available. Fear not however, as the half season collection sets will still be available for purchase. We sincerely apologies for any inconveniences this may have caused.

Back