The Anime/Manga I Bought Today Was...

Ordered from UP1:
Aesthetica of a Rogue Hero: Complete Series Collection (Blu-ray)
Another: Complete Collection (Blu-Ray)
Girls und Panzer: TV Series Collection (Blu-ray)

Huh, GirlPan is out in the West. You'd think I would just look at a release schedule one of the days to see what I'm missing, but it's so much fun being surprised by reading what people are ordering.

I've been sorting out my preorders for the next few months, all from Base.com

From the New World part 1 BD
From the New World part 2 BD
Jormungand s1 BD
Jormungand s2 BD
Mardock Scramble 3 BD
Nekomonogatari BD
The Wind Rises CE BD
I already have Psycho-Pass on preorder from a few weeks ago. The prices they have here are too good to miss.

And also bought Fate/Stay Night UBW from Base.com
and Gundam 00 movie BD from a New Zealand based shop on ebay.
I'll be picking up a few more things (Ghibli films and such) from Zavvi, probably on monday.

Manga
Attack On Titan: Colossal Edition 1
Battle Royale: Remastered - Novel
Dragonball Full Color 1
One Piece Box Set 1-23
One Piece Volume 70
Pokemon Adventures Red & Blue Box Set

Anime
Blood C: Complete Series Blu-ray
Blue Exorcist: Definitive Edition Part 1
Cowboy Bebop Collectors Edition Part 2
Ghost In The Shell Blu-ray - Limited Edition Steelbook - Pre order

Picked up some manga at the giant Forbidden Planet in London yesterday:

Kimi ni Todoke 19
Otomen 18 (complete)
Dengeki Daisy 14
Millennium Snow 3
Alice in the Country of Hearts: Love Labyrinth of Thorns

Moved over from Amazon to Base.com for pre order:

Jormangand Season 1 BD
Mardock Scramble FIlm 3 BD
Attack On Titan Collectors Edition Part 1 BD
Nekomonogatari: Black BD

Also bought from Base.com:
Fate / Stay Night - Unlimited Blade Works BD

Manga moved from Amazon to Up1 for pre order:

Durarara Yellow Flag Orchestra 1 & 2
Attack On Titan: No Regrets 1

Well done Dannielle, amazon must see that is practicing some crazy prices lately, they can go and die somewhere else in the sea. Plus I also got the international postage pain... I have stopped using them for 2 months already now and I dont plan to go back unless they stop charging international shipping. I will try Base.com too very soon.

UP1USA:
Heaven's Lost Property: Complete Season 1 (Anime Classic) - Blu-ray/DVD

Now you're probably thinking, didn't that release get a Blu-ray slipcover and a DVD case? Well that is true but I just received word from United Publications that they have a new version of stock which sort of resolves the issue. I'm going to guess the slipcover is DVD sized which to me isn't a massive issue since some point in the future I will be getting some Anime Classic DVDs.

If you want to have this newer version of the set, once you place your order just tell them to have their newest stock since they have two versions of the set. Mine should arrive tomorrow so I'll have pictures to see what they are like.
Just a quick Email to say new stock of Heaven's Lost Property now has correct cover.
If you order it from our web site please make sure to ask for that version as we have both in stock at the moment.

In other news Aria the Scarlet Ammo (Limited Edition), Date A Live (Limited Edition) and Tenchi Muyo: War on Geminar Part 1 (Limited Edition) are 'being processed'. Level E *is still available somewhere on Earth* but like Shiki will probably take a bit longer.

NormanicGrav said:
UP1USA:
Heaven's Lost Property: Complete Season 1 (Anime Classic) - Blu-ray/DVD

Now you're probably thinking, didn't that release get a Blu-ray slipcover and a DVD case? Well that is true but I just received word from United Publications that they have a new version of stock which sort of resolves the issue. I'm going to guess the slipcover is DVD sized which to me isn't a massive issue since some point in the future I will be getting some Anime Classic DVDs.

If you want to have this newer version of the set, once you place your order just tell them to have their newest stock since they have two versions of the set. Mine should arrive tomorrow so I'll have pictures to see what they are like.
Just a quick Email to say new stock of Heaven's Lost Property now has correct cover.
If you order it from our web site please make sure to ask for that version as we have both in stock at the moment.

In other news Aria the Scarlet Ammo (Limited Edition), Date A Live (Limited Edition) and Tenchi Muyo: War on Geminar Part 1 (Limited Edition) are 'being processed'. Level E *is still available somewhere on Earth* but like Shiki will probably take a bit longer.

Good info about HLP

I suspected they'd get those titles in quick for you :)

I have being processed at UP1USA - Date a Live LE, DearS and Pet Girl of Sakurasou Collection 1, I hope collection 2 is also coming as it's in stock and should be sent with collection 1 (combined order)

Rosencrantz said:
I suspected they'd get those titles in quick for you :)

Well I have set Aria, Level E and WoG as 'Complete' so even if they are being processed they technically won't be until the other one is processed.

DAL and HLP are separate.

UPDATE 10/06: All have been dispatched except for Level E. Estimated Time of Arrival is tomorrow.

Purchases from Zavvi;
Durarara LE BD
Princess Mononoke BD
The Cat Returns BD

From Amazon Marketplace;
Area 88 complete (pre-owned, only a fiver)
xxxHOLiC movie / Tsubasa Chronicles movie double pack BD (American)

bakum4tsu said:
Well done Dannielle, amazon must see that is practicing some crazy prices lately, they can go and die somewhere else in the sea. Plus I also got the international postage pain... I have stopped using them for 2 months already now and I dont plan to go back unless they stop charging international shipping. I will try Base.com too very soon.

It's awful, the Durarara manga's were almost a tenner a piece on Amazon yet on up1 they were 5 pound something.

Base seem to be good so far, they dispatched my items the day after I paid and the prices are so much better than what Amazon are doing nowadays. For your case, I hope they ship internationally & at a good shipping price :)

NormanicGrav said:
Durarara manga is from Yen Press I presume, yeah the pricing issue won't be resolved for a while.

It is indeed so that explains a lot .. guess I'll keep to up1 for Yen Press Manga's from now on ...

Took the bait and pre ordered some more goodies from Base, hopefully I can keep them all but with GL: Ultimate Edition & DAI uber collectors edition this year I'm not sure but what the hell, might as well. I've almost finished my backlog so why not begin a new one ;)

Ghost In The Shell Blu-ray - Limited Edition Steelbook
Gargantia On The Verdurous Planet (Blu-ray)
Psycho-Pass: Season 1 Part 2 (Blu-ray)
Psycho-Pass: Season 1 Part 1 (Blu-ray)
Jormungand: Perfect Order (Blu-ray)

After MVM's tweet:
MVMEntertainment @MVM_UK · Jun 6

Fate/Zero BD Collector's Edition is down to the last 100 units. We will not be manufacturing anymore. When it's gone it's gone!
I decided to purchase it from Zavvi for £26.99.

As much as I love my various Kindle devices, I can't help but be worried by the amount of influence/brute force Amazon is able to display at all different points along the publishing industry conveyor belt.

I was upset that the jurisdiction of Patema Inverted's Kickstarter campaign was limited. Why not South Africa, I cried. We're part of the British Commonwealth, aren't we? Shouldn't that count for something!?

Anyway, bitterness turned to joy at being able to pre-order the Ultimate Edition at Amazon. So that's what I did.

ilmaestro said:
As much as I love my various Kindle devices, I can't help but be worried by the amount of influence/brute force Amazon is able to display at all different points along the publishing industry conveyor belt.

I'm unsure on how much credit it has but when looking on my up1 Durarara order it said "£8.50, discount price £5.60" ..I'm presuming £8.50 is the SRP? In which case would mean Amazon are "uping" Yen Press's prices (if my noob type presumptions are anything to go by)

Picked up Girls Und Panzer Series & OVA's on BD from up1. I have some spare dolla so why not, plus my partner loves it so its sorta his present ..sorta..it's at least what I say when he finds out I ordered more stuff ;)

Yeah they had a similar thing with Amazon JP for months where it was real hard to get Aniplex BDs from there due to disputes over discounts and the like. Very murky when the biggest seller is also the biggest distributor and also a publisher and also in control of the output device market. ^^;

Back