The Anime/Manga I Bought Today Was...

NormanicGrav said:
Rebellion (Part 3) is available with an Import only version for now (Blu-ray only). An English dub should be around next year.
I wouldn't even say next year. I reckon it'll come out a lot sooner than you think. They probably dubbed all three movies at the same time, and I doubt Aniplex Japan would object to them releasing Rebellion sooner rather than later considering it's sold ****loads already over there. (I think the last figure was like, 180k or something for LE, BD + DVD combined)

In general Aniplex seem to be going for a quick turnaround with their IPs recently.

NormanicGrav said:
Beginning and Eternal (Part 1 & 2) are being re-released this July with an English dub (alongside the original Japanese language) as either a Blu-ray/DVD combo pack or standalone Blu-rays individually.
I think the standalones are dvd, not blu ray.

Mangaranga said:
They probably dubbed all three movies at the same time, and I doubt Aniplex Japan would object to them releasing Rebellion sooner rather than later considering it's sold ****loads already over there.
It's possible. They may not have announced them all at once because then most people would only buy Rebellion. Speaking of Rebellion, dubbing that is one thing, but do you think they're redubbing the voices for the first 2 movies? Are there dialogue differences to accommedate the transition to the movie format? That would be great! Liked the series dub, but it did have it's fair share of problems.

Just upgraded my K-on! DVD to the Australian Blu-Ray. Getting the Season 2 Box set next month too.

This means I have to start upgrading my other series too... Oh god the expense :(

Mangaranga said:
NormanicGrav said:
Rebellion (Part 3) is available with an Import only version for now (Blu-ray only). An English dub should be around next year.
I wouldn't even say next year. I reckon it'll come out a lot sooner than you think. They probably dubbed all three movies at the same time, and I doubt Aniplex Japan would object to them releasing Rebellion sooner rather than later considering it's sold ****loads already over there. (I think the last figure was like, 180k or something for LE, BD + DVD combined)

In general Aniplex seem to be going for a quick turnaround with their IPs recently.
The import version also has English subs already, fwiw.

Ordered from UP1USA:
Aria the Scarlet Ammo - Complete Series Limited Edition (well technically Standard) Blu-ray/DVD
Date A Live - Season 1 Limited Edition Blu-ray/DVD
Level-E - Complete Series Limited Edition (well technically Standard) Blu-ray/DVD
OniAi - Complete Series Limited Edition (well technically Standard) Blu-ray/DVD
Tenchi Muyo: War on Geminar - Part 1 Limited Edition Blu-ray/DVD

Date A Live and OniAi will be split from the other three since DAL should arrive early this week. The other three will take some time since they're fairly old (at least 1 Year +). Taking my time over the summer in terms of cash so I probably won't get any more (aside from B-Day stuff) this month, especially with July full of priority stuff [Toradora, Devil is a Part Timer etc.] and thankfully nothing in August.

EDIT - I was hoping they would put OniAi on hold until DAL was out but instead they processed it, I'm not bothered but it would have saved some postage I guess.

EDIT 2 [06/06/2014] - Check Rightstuf's listing, all except Level E are in stock (Level E's current position is 'More Arriving Soon'). Funimation's Shop has all of them available.

Well Last I ordered was on the days of 16th of May and 31st of May(ones in bold ordered on the 31st)
Amazon(Marketplace)
From the UK
THE-BOOK-FACTORY
Rurouni Kenshin volume 19
Rurouni Kenshin volume 25
betterworldbooksltd
Rurouni Kenshin volume 21
Rurouni Kenshin volume 26
Rurouni Kenshin volume 28

From the USA(ordered on Amazon UK)
betterworldbooks
Rurouni Kenshin 20(Came today :D )
Sierra Nevada Books USA
Rurouni Kenshin volume 22
Other sites:
BookDepository
Rurouni Kenshin volume 18
Rurouni Kenshin volume 27
World Of Books
Rurouni Kenshin volume 23
Rurouni Kenshin volume 24

So pretty much all Kenshin manga :lol: .

NormanicGrav said:
Date A Live and OniAi will be split from the other three since DAL should arrive early this week. The other three will take some time since they're fairly old (at least 1 Year +). Taking my time over the summer in terms of cash so I probably won't get any more (aside from B-Day stuff) this month, especially with July full of priority stuff [Toradora, Devil is a Part Timer etc.] and thankfully nothing in August.

EDIT - I was hoping they would put OniAi on hold until DAL was out but instead they processed it, I'm not bothered but it would have saved some postage I guess.

Rightstuf puts Date a Live at a 10 June release, UP1 do get things in early sometimes but not always.

I tend to find they batch my Manga orders if they are expecting items in within that week (they seem to get new stock in Mon - Weds)

Anime on the other hand seems to go out immediately if it's in stock, and I've never seen them hold any items in stock over the weekend.

-edit- You might be in for a nasty surprise on those 3 'older' titles, they have them down as 7-10 days, from experience they won't always update a 7-10 to a 7-28 when a title becomes hard to find (because they don't know it's become hard to find till they try and order it) but they may well be able to get stock by next week.

As for ordering:

UP1 USA - Pet Girl of Sakurasou Collection 1 & 2, part 1 is not in stock so I've asked for it to be sent as a complete order - I reckon it'll be sent next week as they should have plenty of time to order this week for next weeks delivery.

Rosencrantz said:
Rightstuf puts Date a Live at a 10 June release, UP1 do get things in early sometimes but not always.

I figured. The worst example was Eureka Seven, stock didn't arrive in UP1 for at least 1 week. The best example was Psycho Pass, 1 month early since it got delayed over an artbox issue which then ended up with an even worse issue (oh the irony).

Rosencrantz said:
I tend to find they batch my Manga orders if they are expecting items in within that week (they seem to get new stock in Mon - Weds)
Anime on the other hand seems to go out immediately if it's in stock, and I've never seen them hold any items in stock over the weekend.
Interesting, I'll keep that in mind. I've used UP1 for at least a year and they haven't disappointed me yet (except at one point they weren't able to get Freezing LE but it was my fault to realise it went OOP 3 weeks prior).

Rosencrantz said:
You might be in for a nasty surprise on those 3 'older' titles, they have them down as 7-10 days, from experience they won't always update a 7-10 to a 7-28 when a title becomes hard to find (because they don't know it's become hard to find till they try and order it) but they may well be able to get stock by next week.

Not to worry Aria & Level E are fairy under-sellers (plus Shop Funi and Rightstuf have labelled them as in stock which is a great indicator to find what items are still around) but they'll take as long as Shiki did back in October (about 2-3 weeks I think), so yeah I've experienced the nasty surprise before.

Tenchi's WoG was one of the most sold Funimation LEs in 2013 (based on Rightstuf sales) so that might be a minor issue.

Oh nice Date A Live is out, I am tempted.

My recent purchases from Amazon JP were:

Chu2 s.2 v.3 BD
Valvrave s.2 v.6 BD
Onimonogatari v.2 BD
Gundam movie trilogy Premium Edition BD Box.
SAO Extra Edition BD
Gundam UC v.7 BD

Bought:
Utena Part 3 DVD
Captain Tylor TV DVD
Captain Tylor DVD OVA

I think out of all the stuff that is still in print/licensed I am caught up with stuff on my to buy list.

NormanicGrav said:
Rosencrantz said:
You might be in for a nasty surprise on those 3 'older' titles, they have them down as 7-10 days, from experience they won't always update a 7-10 to a 7-28 when a title becomes hard to find (because they don't know it's become hard to find till they try and order it) but they may well be able to get stock by next week.

Not to worry Aria & Level E are fairy under-sellers (plus Shop Funi and Rightstuf have labelled them as in stock which is a great indicator to find what items are still around) but they'll take as long as Shiki did back in October (about 2-3 weeks I think), so yeah I've experienced the nasty surprise before.

Tenchi's WoG was one of the most sold Funimation LEs in 2013 (based on Rightstuf sales) so that might be a minor issue.

Sorry I meant that they might get them super quick (as you were expecting a delay), rather than them taking a while to get in stock.

Back