Post a photo of your entire anime collection!

Guess I'll share the shelfs where most of it is, excluding the ghibli stuff which is in my general movie bookcases.

Generally it's in a-z order (there's probably some errors but IBO's position is intentional) with no preference for release type. That said, there are 2 exceptions... here it is anyway.
20211222_212646~2.jpg20211222_212800~2.jpg20211222_212638~2.jpg20211222_212838.jpgthe steel book with no name is Harmony and The Legend of Hei is a Donghua (Chinese animation)

In addition, the EVA UE and the GITS SAC set are kept on a top shelf with more room (generally next to vinyl, most not shown here)
20211222_213024~2.jpg

So that's all of that. Some gaps remain, lots of interesting new releases upcoming and also having side projects to also pick up the rest of Fairy Tail and start getting all the Lupin the 3rd stuff ASAP (starting with the TV specials, with a bias for the older discotek releases and the dubbed releases first) there's alot more to do.

Just don't start collecting the One Piece sets

Last edited:
Here is my anime blu-ray collection as of the end of 2021.

This double-rowed set-up is only temporary and all my DVD's, manga and light novels are in storage as I only moved back home from University some months back so by next year the set-up will be different and better. My Blu-Ray's are the pride and joy of my collection anyway so that is what I mainly wanted to share with everyone here.

My goal for the next year is to try and fill in the gaps of incomplete series along with many, many new purchases, of course 😂

Look forward to seeing everyone else's :)

Anime 1.jpg

Anime 2.jpg

Anime 3.jpg

Anime 4.jpg

EDIT: Just realised Prison School is out of place.

Last edited:
We've got some of the same ones! :)

I wonder if they will do a full AoT CE set when it's done, I hope so. Not sure it will be possible with WIT doing seasons 1-3 and MAPPA doing 4. I'd buy it if there was one made.

I wonder if they will do a full AoT CE set when it's done, I hope so. Not sure it will be possible with WIT doing seasons 1-3 and MAPPA doing 4. I'd buy it if there was one made.

Yay!

Would be great if so, I still need to track down the collector's edition of season three and still annoyed the UK didn't get a proper collector's edition of season one. I have the collector's edition of season four, part one on pre-order though.

EDIT: I said collector's edition a whole bunch there 😂

Without the previous ones I could not justify getting it, I dislike having just one season of a CE and not the rest. I was kind of interested in the SAO ones, but I think I'd struggle to get the older ones now for example.

I was fortunate to pick up even Konosuba Season 1 CE for an OK price considering I missed it on release, but luckily got it :)

I am up in the air about Demon Slayer as well, with AL get the license to do the next seasons? I read here it may not be likely. The set looks nice but if it ends with Season 1 it's a real shame.

Without the previous ones I could not justify getting it, I dislike having just one season of a CE and not the rest. I was kind of interested in the SAO ones, but I think I'd struggle to get the older ones now for example.

I was fortunate to pick up even Konosuba Season 1 CE for an OK price considering I missed it on release, but luckily got it :)

I am up in the air about Demon Slayer as well, with AL get the license to do the next seasons? I read here it may not be likely. The set looks nice but if it ends with Season 1 it's a real shame.

Yeah, I get that, like I'm still yet to get the CE of MHA S1 but S2 never got one over here so I have considered getting at least the standard of S1 so it looks better on the shelf but I'll probably get the CE still, I try not to think about it to much, haha, even if it still bothers me a bit.

I'm pretty sure Funimation definitely have the license to Mugen Train as they distributed it to theatres over here and I think AL mentioned somewhere they didn't have Mugen Train also.

I don't see why it wouldn't be possible as aside from MAPPA joining for the Final Season the franchise is still produced by the same 6 companies behind the first three seasons (Dentsu Inc, Kodansha, Mainichi Broadcasting System, Pony Canyon, Pony Canyon Enterprises and Production IG).

I think it's very likely there'll be a complete set especially since there's been other shows that have been released in full collections with a change in studio (My Teen Romantic Comedy SNAFU for example). Always good to remember the real power lies with the companies funding a series.

Yeah, I get that, like I'm still yet to get the CE of MHA S1 but S2 never got one over here so I have considered getting at least the standard of S1 so it looks better on the shelf but I'll probably get the CE still, I try not to think about it to much, haha, even if it still bothers me a bit.

I'm pretty sure Funimation definitely have the license to Mugen Train as they distributed it to theatres over here and I think AL mentioned somewhere they didn't have Mugen Train also.

Yeah that's my concern, that Funimation will want to do their own versions of it, rather than letting AL do a superior one that matches the existing release thematically!

I think it's very likely there'll be a complete set especially since there's been other shows that have been released in full collections with a change in studio (My Teen Romantic Comedy SNAFU for example). Always good to remember the real power lies with the companies funding a series.

I definitely hope so, it would be in my shopping basket instantly! :cool:

Retail listing for Funimation UK's Mugen Train release leaked earlier in the year for late February 2022, has a LE planned as well.

For comparisons between this current update and my previous ones, check the links below:
tDmNwwSh.jpg

Here's a blog version in case the images go missing.

Another year, another complete collection update. More additional shelf rows and more titles from each part of the collection. This collection spans at least 9 years.

The photos are divided into different sections and I have spoiler-tagged them (for better post viewing pace and avoid loading/slowdown issues for those who have weaker PCs or internet).

Bic1OUth.jpg

aHwB3zbh.jpg

GhrKgF5h.jpg

8IryRvSh.jpg

Starting off with the first shelve which is mostly dominated by Anime Limited collector’s edition sets. I have picked up a lot of their releases throughout 2021 and now it’s reached 7 rows already.

The new additions are:
  • Bartender
  • Children of the Sea
  • Code Geass: Lelouch of the Re;surrection
  • Cyber City Oedo 808
  • Demon Slayer: Kimetsu no Yaiba Part 2
  • Eureka Seven
  • Eureka Seven: Hi Evolution 2: Anemone
  • Fullmetal Alchemist (2003) Parts 1 & 2
  • The Future Diary
  • K
  • KonoSuba: God’s Blessing in this Wonderful World! Season 2
  • Love Live! Sunshine!! the School Idol Movie: Over the Rainbow
  • Lupin III: The First
  • Lupin the Third: The Woman Called Fujiko Mine
  • MEGALOBOX
  • Miss Hokusai
  • ONGAKU: Our Sound
  • Penguindrum
  • Planetes
  • Silver Spoon Season 1
  • Silver Spoon Season 2
  • Summer Days with Coo
  • Sword Art Online Alicization -War of Underworld- Parts 1 & 2
  • Terror in Resonance
  • Violet Evergarden
  • Violet Evergarden: Eternity and the Auto-Memory Doll
  • Welcome to the Ballroom Part 2
The new additions for the Gundam Collection are:
  • Mobile Suit Gundam F91
  • Mobile Suit Gundam Narrative
  • Mobile Suit Gundam SEED
jkP5RxVh.jpg

The bottom of the shelf is where I have currently placed my MVM Entertainment collector’s edition sets as well as the 4K Ultra HD anime releases and the Japan imports (plus the replicas from Bandai Visual).

The new additions for MVM Entertainment are:
  • Real Girl
  • Revue Starlight
The new additions for 4K Ultra HD are:
  • Akira (via Funimation)
  • Millennium Actress (via Anime Limited)
  • Your Name (via Anime Limited)
f1ZQjpNh.jpg

Now we are on the second shelf. The Aniplex collection has grown tremendously throughout 2021, mostly thanks to my current job that had allowed me to earn enough income to be able to afford them. There will be a few here and there going forward but for the most part I am very happy with the position for this collection.

The new additions are:
  • Anohana: The Flower We Saw That Day
  • Fate/Apocrypha Box Sets 1 & 2
  • Fate/EXTRA Last Encore
  • Fate/Grand Order -First Order-
  • Fate/Stay Night [Heaven’s Feel] III. Spring Song
  • Owarimonogatari Volume 3
  • Zoku Owarimonogatari
Owdlvlch.jpg

Usually I would place the standard sets with their respective distributors, but I decided to combine them together in the same rows to save space. They are still split between distributor though, starting with Anime Limited, then the discontinued Funimation UK branded sets from Anime Limited, followed by Funimation UK & Manga Ent. releases, and then MVM Entertainment. Most of the new acquired titles this year have been through Funimation though but I did get some MVM titles here and there.

The new additions from Funimation/Manga Ent. are:
  • Astra Lost in Space
  • Bungo Stray Dogs Seasons 1 & 2
  • Bungo Stray Dogs Season 3
  • Bungo Stray Dogs the Movie: DEAD APPLE
  • Code Geass: Lelouch of the Rebellion
  • COP CRAFT
  • Demon Lord, Retry!
  • How Heavy Are the Dumbbells You Lift?
  • Kemono Michi: Rise Up!
  • Miss Kobayashi’s Dragon Maid
  • Mob Psycho 100 II
  • NEW GAME + NEW GAME!
  • Steins;Gate the Movie: Load Region of Deja Vu
The new additions from MVM Ent. are:
  • Dai Shogun: Great Revolution
  • Yuuna and the Haunted Hot Springs
  • Yusibu: I couldn’t become a hero, so I reluctantly decided to get a job.
7iSP8FBh.jpg

With more rows means more ways to spread out the video games on the shelf! In this section there are two groups; the PlayStation 5 games that have recently joined my collection, and the Japanese video game imports for the PlayStation 3 & 4. I do want to further expand this section throughout 2022.

The new additions for PlayStation 5 are:
  • Marvel’s Spider-Man: Miles Morales
  • Yakuza: Like a Dragon
The new additions for PlayStation 3 Japan Imports are:
  • Biohazard Chronicles HD Selection [バイオハザード クロニクルズ HD セレクション]
  • Dungeons & Dragons Mystara Eiyuu Senki [ダンジョンズ&ドラゴンズ ミスタラ英雄戦記]
  • The iDOLM@STER One for All [アイドルマスター ワンフォーオール]
The new additions for PlayStation 4 Japan Imports are:
  • Hatsune Miku: Project Diva Arcade Future Tone DX [初音ミク Project DIVA Future Tone DX]
  • Sisters Royale: Five Sisters Under Fire [シスターズロワイヤル 5姉妹に嫌がらせを受けて困っています]
  • Taiko no Tatsujin: Drum Sessions! [太鼓の達人 セッションでドドンがドン!]
mu867PVh.jpg

03G4uBVh.jpg

The PlayStation 3 collection had grown over the past year because of Sony attempting to close the PlayStation 3 store, which meant that a number of people were trying to get their hands on the physical copies. I was fortunate enough to acquire most of the rare games a few years ago but there were other games that I had yet to get.

There are currently 123 games for the PlayStation 3 collection.

The new additions are:
  • 3D Dot Game Heroes
  • God of War HD Collection Volume II
  • inFAMOUS
  • inFAMOUS 2
  • Prince of Persia Trilogy
  • Ratchet & Clank: All 4 One
  • Ratchet & Clank: A Crack in Time
  • Ratchet & Clank: Nexus
  • Ratchet & Clank: QForce
  • Ratchet & Clank: Quest for Booty
  • Ratchet & Clank: Tools of Destruction
  • Sly Cooper: Thieves of Time
  • Time Crisis: Razing Storm
  • Way of the Samurai 4
8w9R8xYh.jpg

5hqr0c2h.jpg

aSgk9z9h.jpg

The PlayStation 4 collection had also grown a lot throughout 2021 and that’s partly because there were a number of games I wanted to acquire sooner than later due to some titles slowly going up in value or saving myself the time of having to grab them later. This batch also features more Asian English releases which is a big deal because they are often pretty pricey to acquire.

There are currently 152 games for the PlayStation 4 collection.

The new additions are:
  • 13 Sentinels: Aegis Rim
  • AI: The Somnium Files
  • Attack on Titan 2: Final Battle
  • Bullet Girls Phantasia
  • The Caligula Effect: Overdose
  • Conception Plus: Maidens of the Twelve Stars
  • Death Mark
  • Dragon’s Crown Pro
  • Final Fantasy VIII Remastered
  • Full Metal Panic! Fight! Who Dares Wins!
  • Gal*Gun 2
  • Gintama Rumble
  • Gravity Rush 2
  • Is it Wrong to Try to Pick Up Girls in a Dungeon? Infinite Combate
  • Kandagawa Jet Girls
  • Kingdom Hearts: Melody of Memory
  • Langrisser I & II
  • MediEvil
  • NG
  • Nights of Azure 2: Bride of the New Moon
  • Persona 3: Dancing in Moonlight
  • Persona 5: Dancing in Starlight
  • Re:ZERO -Starting Life in Another World-: Prophecy of the Throne
  • School Girl/Zombie Hunter
  • SD Gundam G Generation Genesis
  • Secret of Mana
  • Super Robot Wars OG: The Moon Dwellers
  • Super Robot Wars T
  • Super Robot Wars X
  • Ys IX: Monstrum Nox
ZlnC13Zh.jpg

ittKfxsh.jpg

We are now on the third shelf! And to start off, I decided to reposition my Funimation collection by splitting up the limited editions from the older designs and the newer designs. This is mainly because I felt it stood out awkwardly when you have the two combined on the shelf. Therefore the first two rows are dedicated to the older releases, while the third and fourth rows have the newer releases.

Going forward there will be a mixture of US & UK variations depending on the series.

The new additions from Funimation UK are:
  • BOFURI: I Don’t Want to Get Hurt, So I’ll Max Out My Defense Season 1
  • Code Geass: Akito the Exiled
  • Death Parade
  • Nichijou: My Ordinary Life
The new additions from Funimation US are:
  • Fire Force Season 1 Part 2 (which includes Part 1 UK Blu-ray)
  • Our Last Crusade or the Rise of a New World
PXpJ0MQh.jpg

On the sixth row we have the standard/regular Blu-rays from US distributors like Funimation, Sentai Filmworks and the one release from Twilight Time. There have been no new additions for this update.
AaRXqcRh.jpg

On the sixth row we have a single Nintendo Switch game, because Nintendo thought it was a brilliant idea to provide a very limited window for a title and then discontinue it afterwards, so I got lucky and grabbed Super Mario 3D All-Stars. I do plan to acquire the console and more of its games in 2022.
MeOF10Mh.jpg

On the seventh and eighth rows we have the larger box sets from Sentai Filmworks as well as NIS America and Anime Limited. There is actually one new addition for the Sentai Filmworks collection and that was Is it Wrong to Try to Pick Up Girls in a Dungeons? II since I wanted to keep consistency and make sure I acquired it before it sells out.
qwTv6Dbh.jpg

We are now on the Glass shelf section of the collection. Here is where my Asian Cinema Blu-rays are located, starting with 88 Films on the first row which has grown thanks to many new Hong Kong films being re-released for the UK including Category III titles.

The new additions are:
  • Armour of God
  • Erotic Ghost Story
  • Forbidden City Cop
  • Heroes Shed No Tears
  • The Master
  • Riki-Oh: The Story of Ricky
  • Robotrix
  • Snake in the Eagle’s Shadow
  • The Young Master
CDxz6ceh.jpg

Arrow Video collection is on the second row and there’s only one new addition this time around which is the Graveyards of Honor re-release.

PhmJKRrh.jpg

TyumiXWh.jpg

On the third and fourth rows is my Third Window Films collection in addition to the BFI, Criterion and Tartan Blu-rays on the remainder of the fourth row. The Third Window Films collection has grown a lot throughout 2021, with a mixture of new and older releases now included.

The new additions from Third Window Films are:
  • Beyond the Infinite Two Minutes
  • Gemini
  • Himizu
  • Melancholic
  • Nobuhiko Obayashi’s Anti-War Trilogy
  • One Cut of the Dead: Hollywood Edition
  • Pink Films Vol. 5 & 6: Women Hell Song / Underwater Love
  • Ruined Heart! Another Love Story Between a Criminal and a Whore
  • The Taste of Tea
  • Toshiaki Toyoda: 2005-2021
RKSBPGLh.jpg

The Eureka Entertainment collection has also grown a bit with a couple more first print editions as well as older films now picked up.

The new additions from Eureka Entertainment are:
  • City Hunter
  • Guilty of Romance
  • The Lucky Stars 3-Film Collection
  • The Millionaires’ Express
  • Wheels on Meals
RoMX2Inh.jpg

On the sixth and final row, are the Curzon Artificial Eye, Manga Entertainment, Thunderbird Releasing, Studio Canal, Warner Bros, Sony releases and more. Next to them are a few Studio Ghibli films distributed by Studio Canal. There are no new additions to these distributors.
Mg7VBmfh.jpg

20EWvqLh.jpg

puhAaYXh.jpg

One of the challenges I had was not properly keeping the books up-to-speed and this led to various issues. I am still very much behind, but I am pretty happy with the progress I have made given the circumstances. I have ordered the shelf by distributor starting with the light novels from J-Novel Club, Seven Seas, Vertical and Yen On followed by the manga with Dark Horse, Ghost Ship, Kodansha Comics, Seven Seas, Viz Media and Yen Press. These cover almost all six rows of the shelf and the shelf definitely needs an upgrade lol.

The new additions from Seven Seas/Airship are:
  • ARIFURETA: From Commonplace to World’s Strongest Vol. 5-7
  • How a Realist Hero Rebuilt the Kingdom Vol. 4-5
  • Monster Girl Doctor Vol. 4-8
  • Monster Girl Doctor Zero
The new additions from Yen On are:
  • Another Episode S/O
  • Combatants Will Be Dispatched Vol. 1
  • Death March to the Parallel World Rhapsody Vol. 2-3
  • Goblin Slayer Vol. 2-4
  • OVERLORD Vol. 3-8
The new additions from Ghost Ship are:
  • Destiny Lovers Vol. 2-7
  • World’s End Harem Vol. 8-9
  • World’s End Harem: Fantasia Vol. 2-5
  • Yuuna and the Haunted Hot Springs Vol. 9-14
The new additions from Seven Seas are:
  • The Dungeon of Black Company Vol. 1-6
  • GIGANT Vol. 1-3
  • Hitomi-chan is Shy with Strangers Vol. 1-2
  • How Heavy Are the Dumbbells You Lift? Vol. 1-4
  • Monster Musume Vol. 7-16
  • Plus-Sized Elf Vol. 6
The new additions from Viz Media are:
  • Fist of the North Star Vol. 1
  • Maison Ikkoku Vol. 1
  • Remina
  • Tenjo Tenge Vol. 2-11
The new additions from Yen Press are:
  • Prison School Vol. 1-14
  • Sekirei Vol. 2-9
  • Sekirei 365 Days Without Her
v26MXMWh.jpg

JwwKA8Th.jpg

JQYtT5Zh.jpg

In the corner of my room is the old shelf that I had used for the past decade. It’s where my older games are located but also the limited edition stock for games like the Senran Kagura series or the PQube titles. I have also placed the manga and novels that can’t be collected any further due to out of print volumes.

Due to space issues, the Nintendo Wii, PlayStation 4 and Xbox 360 consoles are also here. The PlayStation Vita games are also moved to this section alongside the Visual Novel PC games.

gfs58rhh.jpg

Remember those manga box sets I have picked up over the years? Well they are actually positioned on the side of the bed which is pretty handy for placing my phone lol.

jkTZmC6h.jpg

And last but not least is the small section above the old bookcase. The new additions here is the Bitmap Books’ A Guide to Japanese Role-Playing Games as well as Anime Limited’s Ultimate Edition Blu-ray release of Neon Genesis Evangelion.

So I also took a final 2021 end-of-year photo of just the UK imports portion of my anime collection. I finished adding the last of the releases I received in 2021 from the AtA Holiday Sale, and rearranged them all on the shelves, so I figured it's the perfect time to snap a new pic:

ukanime2021b.jpg

I also have the Fullmetal Alchemist Resin Gate UE and the Ghost in the Shell CE oversized box set:

hv7XBXj.jpg

gitszavviukce.jpg

Last edited:
How come the odd duplicates out of interest?

Well, Violet Evergarden and Planetes I purpossly ordered two copies from both AtA and AOL, because I wanted these two titles so badly that I wanted to make sure I received an undamaged copy for each - but all four arrived in perfect condition, so I can eventually sell of the extra copies, I suppose. AOL accidentally double-shipped my Odeo 808 order by mistake, due to a partial shipping error. Your Lie in April I received the original too-tight box set that you couldn't get the digpaks out of, so they made replacement sets with a slightly larger box to send out to everyone. There was the same too-tight issue with the When Marnie Was There Collector's Edition digipak set, so I got the replacement set with a larger slipbox as well. And finally, I bought the standard set of Ghost in the Shell to have the corrected discs with proper chapter stops to put into my Zavvi Exclusive Deluxe set.

Last edited:
So I also took a final 2021 end-of-year photo of just the UK imports portion of my anime collection. I finished adding the last of the releases I received in 2021 from the AtA Holiday Sale, and rearranged them all on the shelves, so I figured it's the perfect time to snap a new pic:

ukanime2021b.jpg

I also have the Fullmetal Alchemist Resin Gate UE and the Ghost in the Shell CE oversized box set:

hv7XBXj.jpg

gitszavviukce.jpg
Great collection!! Have you actually opened any of them?! Obviously I jest.

Great collection!! Have you actually opened any of them?! Obviously I jest.
Lol, actually, the majority of them, no, I haven't opened them, mainly because I have Region A copies of most of them available for my regular viewing. I just like to collect the nice UK chipboard CE sets for the packaging, especially if they include digipaks. I do have a stash of oversized bags and a 16" impulse heat sealer to properly size storage bags for all the boxsets that I can't find plastic box protectors for, but for now I'm leaving the shrinkwrap on to protect them from any shelf wear until I can find the time to start making storage bags for them. Wish me luck on ever getting some of those information sheets off the back of the CE sets after the glue has been stuck to them for multiple years... 😖

I have 11 more AL Collectors Editions coming from the 12 Days Sale to add to my UK collection, and 5 of those are arriving Monday, so I'm already out of shelf space to store them here. Directly below these 4 shelves are the 4 shelves for my Aniplex of America collection, so I can't add a 5th shelf to this collection. So, I'm planning to move all the UK steelbooks to my general anime steelbook shelf, and probably the UK Ghibli digipak sets to my Studio Ghibli shelves, just to make some room for more UK CE boxsets. 2022 really needs to be a very sparse year for anime purchases for me, as I am running out of space on all six shelf units I have for my anime collection, with no wall space left in the house to add any more shelves!

Last edited:
I didn't get the chance to post this back in December as they were in storage but here is my DVD, VHS and live-action adaptation portion of my anime collection.

This includes my only non-UK release which is Genshiken (which I don't actually have anything to play it on) and for everything else, I only buy DVD if there is no blu-ray release in the UK or if the DVD is a special edition of sorts or has notable extras not included on the blu-ray's (e.g. the Pikachu shorts included with the Pokemon movies).

20220307_154826.jpg

Back