Post a photo of your entire anime collection!

Claire

Brigade Leader
^ Looks like you and I have very similar tates in anime, I have all of those titles in my collection except five - Flip Flappers, Gurren Lagan, Little Busters, A Thousand and One Nights, and Highschool of the Dead.
To be honest, High School of the Dead is only there because unlike most of the things from my old collection, it wasn't worth enough money to make selling it worthwhile.

Girls with Guns

Mad Scientist
I need to check out Little Busters, I've heard it is pretty good, it's just that I tend to stay far away from most cutesy girl anime, and I guess the cover art has kept me from considering it at all. But you'll never see Gurran Lagan in my collection, I had to force myself to slog through the first 8 episodes and I couldn't stand it; I have ranked it as my worst anime of all time ever since.

Claire

Brigade Leader
I need to check out Little Busters, I've heard it is pretty good, it's just that I tend to stay far away from most cutesy girl anime, and I guess the cover art has kept me from considering it at all. But you'll never see Gurran Lagan in my collection, I had to force myself to slog through the first 8 episodes and I couldn't stand it; I have ranked it as my worst anime of all time ever since.
I get that Gurren Lagann isn't for everyone lol. I rate it mostly because it's just so ridiculous and ott. It keeps escalating.

Little Busters is a pretty standard Key adaptation. Obviously it isn't Kyoani adapting it by that point, but if you like series 1 of Clannad or stuff like Kanon and Air then you'll feel right at home with it. I was a little disappointed that the new MVM releases of Kanon and Air weren't Blu-rays. I've had the US DVDs of those for yonks and thought I might get to upgrade.

Lordhippos

Stand User
I'm only gonna post the Blu-rays because frankly I don't have room for the DVDs with their multiple parts and massive boxes. They're all in several stacks in some drawers. The two SAVE sets at the end and the Spice and Wolf box are remnants of a once mighty imported Blu-ray collection. 😂

I believe my Blu-ray collection is now approaching what it was at the height of my collecting in like 2013 before I sold loads. But obviously almost everything has a Blu-ray release now so that wasn't too difficult to accomplish. It's gonna get bigger now though, I have SO MANY things listed that have come out since I last collected that I'll be slowly acquiring.

I do think I'm gonna be slightly more discerning now with my series boxsets and buy mostly things I know I already like, unless the set happens to be dirt cheap and I take a punt on it. Movies are always worth blind buying though because standard editions are cheap.View attachment 22330

Nice and succinct, what is your expansion room like for more?

I get that Gurren Lagann isn't for everyone lol. I rate it mostly because it's just so ridiculous and ott. It keeps escalating.

Yeah I was a fan of GL too despite how ridiculous it got, same thing with KLK.

But you'll never see Gurran Lagan in my collection, I had to force myself to slog through the first 8 episodes and I couldn't stand it; I have ranked it as my worst anime of all time ever since.

BURN HIM!!! 🔥

Little Busters is a pretty standard Key adaptation. Obviously it isn't Kyoani adapting it by that point, but if you like series 1 of Clannad or stuff like Kanon and Air

I've been doing a kind of odd reverse Kyoani run through on series, so I did Clannad, and some time I am planning to try Air and Kanon as well just to see the origin stories of Kyoani.

Girls with Guns

Mad Scientist
Girls with Guns said:
But you'll never see Gurran Lagan in my collection, I had to force myself to slog through the first 8 episodes and I couldn't stand it; I have ranked it as my worst anime of all time ever since.

BURN HIM!!! 🔥

Haha, I was going to mention KLK along with Gurren Lagann, as that one is right there with GL at the bottom of my anime rubbish heap - only difference is I was somehow able to manage to watch KLK the whole way through...

Lordhippos

Stand User
Haha, I was going to mention KLK along with Gurren Lagann, as that one is right there with GL at the bottom of my anime rubbish heap - only difference is I was somehow able to manage to watch KLK the whole way through...

What else is on your rubbish heap? I tend to mark stuff on MAL that I dropped for whatever reason.

Some stuff is just kind of meh, some is OK but I didn't really feel like continuing it, I've finished a few things I'd wished I'd dropped sooner.

Girls with Guns

Mad Scientist
Well, I don't really keep track of my rubbish heap titles but I do remember Welcome to the NHK, Watamote, Baka and Test, and My Girlfriend is a Mermaid were all in there. Demon Slayer and MHA and would be in there too, I didn't last more than a few episodes of those, but I don't do battle shonen series in general. So Naruto, Bleach, One Piece, HxH, and any others like them would be in my heap too.

farzam1999

Kiznaiver
As mentioned in the "What did you receive today" thread yesterday, I don't have anything more on order that can arrive this year. So I'll do a small collection update. My anime watching has gone down quite a lot during the past months, since I went overboard with purchases in August/September, and kinda lost interest in anime.
image2.jpeg
A couple of Asian Cinema releases sneaked into the photo, we'll get into that in a bit lol. I got into Aniplex this year, and have owned a lot more than what's on the photo, but decided to sell off, as I didn't have interested in the shows.
List of releases:
Standard US releases
  • Attack on Titan - Season 1 - Part 1
  • Attack on Titan - Season 1 - Part 2
  • Attack on Titan - Season 2
  • Attack on Titan - Season 3 - Part 1
  • Attack on Titan - Season 3 - Part 2
  • Haikyu!! - Season 1
  • Haikyu!! - Season 2
  • Haikyu!! - Season 3
  • Spirited Away
  • When Marnie Was There
  • Fate/Zero - Part 1 (JP)
  • Fate/Zero - Part 2 (JP)
  • Fate/Stay Night - Unlimited Blade Works - Part 1 (JP)
  • Fate/Stay Night - Unlimited Blade Works - Part 2 (JP)
  • Fate/Stay Night - Heaven's Feel 1 - Presage Flower (US, Limited Edition)
  • Fate/Stay Night - Heaven's Feel 2 - Lost Butterfly (US, Limited Edition)
  • Fate/Stay Night - Heaven's Feel 3 - Spring Song (US, Limited Edition)
  • Today's Menu for the Emiya Family - Part 1 (JP)
  • Today's Menu for the Emiya Family - Part 2 (JP)
  • Today's Menu for the Emiya Family - Part 3 (JP)
  • Today's Menu for the Emiya Family - Part 4 (JP)
  • Fullmetal Alchemist - Brotherhood - Part 1 (US)
  • Fullmetal Alchemist - Brotherhood - Part 2 (US)
  • Demon Slayer - Season 1 - Part 1 (US)
  • Demon Slayer - Season 1 - Part 2 (US)
  • Demon Slayer - Mugen Train (JP, Limited Edition)
  • Thus Spoke Kishibe Rohan (JP)
  • JoJo's Bizarre Adventure - Part 1 (US, Limited Edition)
  • JoJo's Bizarre Adventure - Part 2 (US, Limited Edition)
  • JoJo's Bizarre Adventure - Part 3 (US, Limited Edition)
  • JoJo's Bizarre Adventure - Part 4 (US, Limited Edition)
  • JoJo's Bizarre Adventure - Part 5 (US, Limited Edition)
  • JoJo's Bizarre Adventure - Part 6 (US, Limited Edition)
  • JoJo's Bizarre Adventure - Part 7 (US, Limited Edition)
  • The Quintessential Quintuplets - Season 1 (US, Limited Edition)
  • Uzaki-chan Wants to Hang Out! - Season 1 (US, Limited Edition)
  • Interspecies Reviewers - Part 1 (JP)
  • Interspecies Reviewers - Part 2 (JP)
  • Interspecies Reviewers - Part 3 (JP)
  • Redo of Healer - Part 1 (JP)
  • Redo of Healer - Part 2 (JP)
  • Redo of Healer - Part 3 (JP)
  • Miru Tights (JP)

For the time being, I only have Attack on Titan - Season 4 - Part 1 (Limited Edition) on order, it won't match the others, meaning I'll have to acquire them. That's something for 2022. I have more JP releases on my wishlist, such as Quintessential Quintuplets (both seasons), Nagataro and the Attack on Titan - OAD Archive.

As promised to @SAHO yesterday, I'll also be posting the rest of my collection, starting off with my Asian Cinema.
image0.jpeg
I won't be going in depth with all titles, but just in general:
1st shelf: Eureka Entertainment and 88 Films
2nd shelf: German mediabooks, German Wong Kar-Wai (4K UHD) and Arrow
3rd shelf: Criterion
4th shelf: Standard releases and Ip Man 4-Film Collection (4K UHD)

I have quite big plans for my Asian Cinema collection in 2022, I hope to order the Shawscope box by the end of this month, along with some titles that are old and possibly going OOP.

And for the rest of my collection (let's just call it Hollywood lol).
image1.jpeg
Not much to say here, I just got my "mush-haves" such as Star Wars, Middle-Earth, Back to the Future and so on. I don't expect a lot of Hollywood titles in 2022, but sometimes I go overboard during Black Friday (Everything is so damn cheap lol).

I only have two (homemade) cabinets, and had to move stuff around to take photos. I'll probably have to build a third one soon. My cabinets use frames as the door (to keep dust out). One has a Star Wars poster, the other has Back to the Future. If I were to build a third one, it would either be a Lord of the Rings poster, or an anime poster for an anime only cabinet :D

RaeDra

School Idol
Guess I'll share the shelfs where most of it is, excluding the ghibli stuff which is in my general movie bookcases.

Generally it's in a-z order (there's probably some errors but IBO's position is intentional) with no preference for release type. That said, there are 2 exceptions... here it is anyway.
20211222_212646~2.jpg20211222_212800~2.jpg20211222_212638~2.jpg20211222_212838.jpgthe steel book with no name is Harmony and The Legend of Hei is a Donghua (Chinese animation)

In addition, the EVA UE and the GITS SAC set are kept on a top shelf with more room (generally next to vinyl, most not shown here)
20211222_213024~2.jpg

So that's all of that. Some gaps remain, lots of interesting new releases upcoming and also having side projects to also pick up the rest of Fairy Tail and start getting all the Lupin the 3rd stuff ASAP (starting with the TV specials, with a bias for the older discotek releases and the dubbed releases first) there's alot more to do.

Just don't start collecting the One Piece sets

Last edited: