[Overseas] Anime News & Announcements

Seiyu's Life seems like something I might have watched if it was on Crunchyroll (and I suppose it maybe will be, depending on how this new partnership goes). Since I haven't seen it I don't know if it'd be worth watching but I suppose I maybe shouldn't think about it too much if it's going to be a DVD only release (unless it's a delayed Blu-ray).

I'd love to support Rampo Kitan. I really enjoyed it, but Funi's UK prices are out of my range, and to be honest I doubt enough people would buy a UK release to justify it. Maybe if I come into some money, I'll find a way to import it.

I wonder if they'll do SAVE releases over here at some point. I'd imagine not but you never know.

At least if the show is region B compatible then it might be possible to import a SAVE edition if they do one in the future.

D-D-D-D-D-DISCOTEK ANNOUNCEMENTS

Discotek Media are slowly rolling out some new titles. Here's what they have so far:

Eat Man
Japanese with English subtitles
DVD
December 2016

Gun Frontier
English dub & Japanese with English subtitles
DVD
December 2016

The Galaxy Railways: A Letter from the Abandoned Planet
Blu-ray and DVD
January 2017 (for DVD)

Cosmo Warrior Zero
English dub & Japanese with English subtitles
DVD
December 2016

School Days
Blu-ray version (DVD already released)
December 2016

Eat Man '98
DVD
January 2017

Yowamushi Pedal: Grande Road
DVD
January 2017

Cosmo Warrior Zero, The Galaxy Railways OVA and Gun Frontier are from Leji Matsumoto for those interested.

Discotek's current schedule:
Complete updated schedule for November and December:

November 8th
Sonic X Seasons 1 and 2 DVD collection
Shining Tears X Wind DVD collection
Strike the Blood DVD and BD combo
Karate Master DVD collection
07 Ghost DVD collection

December 6th
Lupin Return the Treasure DVD
Sonic X Season 3 DVD collection
School Days Blu Ray
Eat-Man original series DVD
Black Jack movie Blu Ray
Jungle Emperor movie Blu Ray

December 20th
Cosmo Warrior Zero DVD collection
Gun Frontier DVD collection
Star Fleet DVD collection
Lupin the 3rd 2nd Series first collection 1-40 DVD
Black Jack movie DVD
Jungle Emperor movie DVD

Older announcement updates:

Magic Knight Rayearth DVD and BD, waiting on approvals
Kyousougiga DVD and BD, waiting on authoring
Seha Girls DVD and BD, picking date soon
5cm BD, waiting on approvals
Beautiful Dreamer BD, authoring
Arcadia of My Youth BD, authoring

Last edited:
Discotek raid the enoki-films library once again.

So happy and excited for all these Leijiverse titles (I'm alittle bit of a fanboy :rolleyes:). I've been waiting for Discotek to essentially push the Leijiverse button for along time now and the moment has finally arrived! I plan to support these rereleases even though I own Gun Frontier and Cosmo Warrior Zero already. At least with the latter a hopefully better encode and smaller packaging will justify the double dip. The remaining Leijiverse title on the enoki films site is Super Submarine 99 which I would love to see get a release as it doesn't even have an english fansub.

Seeing the OVA for Galaxy Railways come over is really nice since thats a new title and also not on the Enoki Films site (neither is Arcadia of my Youth), which makes me really hopeful that some more gaps will be filled in 2017. Especially the criminally overlooked back in the day Space Symphony Maetel which is by far the best of the slew of Leijiverse titles from the early 00's imo.

Obviously would love for Season 2 of Galaxy Railways to finally come out, seems highly likely at this point. Probably most of all honestly I would like to see Galaxy Express TV return, these announcements has me hope that when Discotek can get that license they probably will go for it so thats exciting.

I feel like but will refrain from listing all the unlicensed Leijiverse titles that I would love to see come out, suffice to say I would like to see Discotek get them all :D

Both Eat Man entires is great to see and I will probably go for those eventually. Finally while it's not my cup of tea by any means School Days on Blu Ray is sure to excite alot of people so thats cool Discotek is doing that too.

Galaxy Railways seems interesting, will be avoiding School Days like the plague

I can't speak for the OVA, as I haven;t seen it. But the first season (which is available in a Funimation S.A.V.E. set) is really good fun. It takes that classic Matsumoto style and lavishes more modern production values on it without compromising any of the stuff that makes the Leijiverse exactly what it is.

Plus: space choo choo trains! HURRAH!

I really like The Galaxy Railways, it was a blind buy at the time and I'm glad I got it. I ended upgrading my viridian collection to the nice separate volumes in an art box...that's how much I liked it.

Section23 Films January 2017 Release Slate

QM3rRoNm.jpg
nBONkyUm.jpg

January 3rd:
The World God Only Knows: Ultimate Collection [Seasons 1, 2, 3 & OVAs] - BD - English & Japanese - $99.98
Region: US ~ Publisher: NBC Universal Entertainment Japan
The World God Only Knows: Ultimate Collection [Seasons 1, 2, 3 & OVAs] - DVD - English & Japanese - $79.98
Region: 1 ~ Publisher: NBC Universal Entertainment Japan

Yfz9bvbm.jpg
y9CqS00m.jpg

January 10th:
Beautiful Bones -Sakurako's Investigation-: Complete Collection - BD - Japanese - $59.98
Region: US ~ Publisher: Kadokawa Pictures
Beautiful Bones -Sakurako's Investigation-: Complete Collection - DVD - Japanese - $49.98
Region: 1 ~ Publisher: Kadokawa Pictures

2lejvo8m.jpg
B2ucZDym.jpg
TdJILgXm.jpg

January 24th:
Infinite Stratos 2: Complete Collection (Premium Box Set) - BD - English & Japanese - $219.98
Region: US ~ Publisher: Tokyo Broadcasting System
Triage X: Complete Collection - BD - Japanese - $59.98
Triage X: Complete Collection - DVD - Japanese - $49.98

z8Wmjzrm.jpg
aJUtrhnm.jpg

January 31st:
Fate/kaleid liner Prisma Illya 2wei Hertz!: Complete Collection - BD - English & Japanese - $69.98
Fate/kaleid liner Prisma Illya 2wei Hertz!: Complete Collection - DVD - English & Japanese - $59.98

The Premium Box Set of the month goes to Infinite Stratos 2, the set will contain the following:
- Chipboard Artbox
- Episode 1 | Special Extended Edition
- TV Series | Episodes 1 - 12
- OVA | World Purge
- Audio Drama | Infinite Wedding
- Translation Notes
- One Summer's Memories
- Clean Opening Animation

Last edited:
January 24th:
Infinite Stratos 2: Complete Collection (Premium Box Set) - BD - English & Japanese - $219.98
Region: US ~ Publisher: Tokyo Broadcasting System
Erm... WHAT. I don't think anyone asked for this, especially at $220. Pretty sure the Japanese singles were on Amazon JP for ~1500 yen each the other week too.
Given the pretty barren release slate I can only guess that A) TWGOK didn't do that great for Sentai later on and B) They got no licenses.

I wasn't expecting TWGOK to get a complete set, still need to get Season 1, 2 & OVAs so might as well go for that set.

Hope there's a standard edition of Infinite Stratos 2 as there's no way I'm going to buy that premium set.

Well, now that would have been the last show that I expected to see a premium edition of. I didn't even know that IS was popular enough to warrant this kind of treatment.

I'm not too sure it is. Can't imagine it will sell many until Sentai realise the error of their ways and have to slash 75% off the price to try and earn something back. I genuinely wouldn't be surprised if that set was ~$60 a year or less after it comes out. I've not exactly heard of anyone clamouring for a nice release of the show, or anyone talking about it at all really...

Well, now that would have been the last show that I expected to see a premium edition of. I didn't even know that IS was popular enough to warrant this kind of treatment.

It's an odd following of sorts from my perspective.

It's also worth noting that the second season was published by TBS who are known for being a pain towards US distributors due to reverse importation, henceforth why Beyond the Boundary's OVA and Chunibyo's Blu-rays were collector's edition exclusive. Infinite Stratos 2 has been affected by this instance though this time we seem to be getting a replica of the Japanese Blu-ray Disc Box, which is not a bad thing but it will cause a lot of hate due to the price tag.

Back