[Overseas] Anime News & Announcements

Just Passing Through

The Wildcard
I thought I'd kick this one off...

Siren Visual have announced Nodame Cantabile for 2015

Announcement time! Siren Visual is very pleased to announce that in 2015 we will be releasing the classic series Nodame Cantabile.

Set in a college music conservatory, Nodame Cantabile tells the story of a prodigious yet neurotic classical music composer named Chiaki. Hailed as the next big classical music conductor, he remains trapped in Japan due to a lifelong fear of air travel. Enter Nodame, a talented pianist who immediately falls in love with Chiaki and shows him there’s more to life than musical notation.

Long regarded as one of the best of the noitaminA programs, Nodame Cantabile has enjoyed a strong following amongst connoisseurs of anime with many praising it for its attention of detail, strong character development and depth of emotion. Simply put, Nodame Cantabile is a as superb series for those looking for something mature and inspiring.

Previously only available as a (since deleted) collection of Hong Kong DVDs, Siren will be releasing the complete first season as a complete set early in 2015. Watch this space!

Might as well help out with this thread, NIS America have announced release plans for Chronicles of the Going Home Club with a Premium Edition (2014 style sets):

Xq97n_JL.png

Contains Japanese language with English subtitles in addition to some extra features and a hardcover booklet (like the other Premium sets). Available in March 2015.

So far that's Toradora!, Cardcaptor Sakura (though much larger due to the case), The Eccentric Family, Genshiken: Second Generation and now this title to use the new Premium style sets.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------

English dub will be included with Sentai Filmworks' release for No Game No Life on Blu-ray and DVD. In addition there's some merchandise coming out.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Animax English dub will be included with Siren Visual's release for Nodame Cantabile. Confirmed from a Facebook response on the announcement page.

Madman have stated that Ben-To and Sankarea will be available in their region in April:
Hi Madman, is there any news on release dates for Ben-To and Sankarea.?

- Both April next year. Sorry for the delays,

With Ben-To planned for February, perhaps Sankarea is set for March over in the US.

Funimation have unveiled their March 2015 line up:

Armitage III - Movies Collection: Anime Classics (DVD [TBC])
Fairy Tail - Part 15 (Blu-ray/DVD [TBC])
Sankarea - Complete Series (Uncut) (Blu-ray/DVD [TBC])
School Rumble - Season 1 & OVA: S.A.V.E. (DVD [TBC])
School Rumble - Season 2: S.A.V.E. (DVD [TBC])
Tokyo Ravens - Season 1 Part 1 (Blu-ray/DVD [TBC])
Unbreakable Machine Doll - Complete Series (Blu-ray/DVD [TBC])

All artwork and specs will be posted on the Overseas Artwork thread.

--------------------------

Sentai Filmworks will slowly be unveiling the final shots of the Love, Chunibyo & Other Delusions Season 1 Limited Edition each day. Here's a glimpse of Day 1:

10841961_990409977652781_4329497062551583226_o.jpg

The latest Studio Ghibli film to be released, When Marnie Was There, will be getting a Japanese release in March 2015:

p_bd.gif
p_dvd.jpg

Both Blu-ray and DVD will include English subtitles.

Blu-ray specs:
[Specifications]
BD50 / 1 sheets / picture disc
MPEG-4AVC / MGVC / replication incompetent

[Screen size]
16: 9 widescreen 1920 × 1080 FULL HD

[Voice]
Japanese (2.0ch stereo / Linear PCM)
Japanese ( 5.0Ch / DTS-HD Master Audio ™ (lossless) )
Mandarin (5.0ch / Dolby Digital)

[Subtitles]
Japanese, English, Chinese (Traditional Chinese-Mandarin)

[Image privilege]
· Storyboards
, dubbing script
, notice edit
· ZERO CULTURE spin-off

I'm really, genuinely excited for this - read the book it's based on this summer and it's pure Ghibli, but with a real dark streak to it. I always like to joke that there's potential for Marnie to be the closest Ghibli have ever been to having a proper Tsundere character.

One Week Friends, cool. Loved the first couple episodes of that, hope someone gets it for the UK on Blu (though that seems unlikely to me) otherwise, I'll wait to see what Sentai & Madman do with the show.

Free really has something going for it when companies jump on the license for the second season with no news of the first. I'll pick it up, depending on the art work as I don't really want my friends to see some of those key visuals haha.

Yeah, it'll be interesting to see if Free makes its way over here as it seems to have a lot of hype and appetite going for it online and in terms of coverage, but I can't exactly see it flying off the shelves in the UK - when was the last time a UK distributor released a show like that? Ouran maybe?

Latest news on Chunibyo LE:
- 152 page booklet - combines all of the booklets included in the Japanese Volumes into one package
- 14 postcards - doublesided
- 7 art boards

Previous news:
- English Dub and exclusive extras
- Uniquely Numbered Outer Box - Heavy Chipboard, Holographic
- Blu-ray & DVD - includes all 12 episodes and OVA
- Extras box of holding

8 more ? left to show off.

NormanicGrav said:
Latest news on Chunibyo LE:
- 152 page booklet - combines all of the booklets included in the Japanese Volumes into one package
- 14 postcards - doublesided
- 7 art boards

Previous news:
- English Dub and exclusive extras
- Uniquely Numbered Outer Box - Heavy Chipboard, Holographic
- Blu-ray & DVD - includes all 12 episodes and OVA
- Extras box of holding

8 more ? left to show off.
I really like the approach Sentai are taking with this LE, and I love the mock up box design, but I hope to god that they actually put some effort into the actual content on disc for this release compared to their standard ones.
A pretty box isn't going to sell me on the release if it's then paired with their usual H-Dub, okay at best video quality and yellow subs. I really loved this show and I'd love nothing more than for Sentai to prove me wrong for once.

Back