Ghost in the Shell: Stand Alone Complex OVA Collection
Limited Edition Blu-ray and DVD

Berserk Golden Age Trilogy Collection
Kaze title | Blu-ray & DVD

Yu-Gi-Oh! The Dark Side of Dimensions
Theatrical Screening for February 1st 2017, Digital & Home Video in 2017

KINMOZA & Hello! KINMOZA
New license | 2017 release

Beyond the Boundary Movies (Movie 1 is Recap, Movie 2 is Sequel)
New license | March 2017 for both movies in one set

Flying Witch

Gatchaman Crowds Insight

A Certain Magical Index II & A Certain Scientific Railgun S

Manga Animatsu | Q&A Time via UKAN

"What's the difference between MangaUK and Crunchyroll?"

We're dancing to their tune now. Manga's role is different from Crunchyroll's. Crunchyroll are looking to release as much content as possible all the time.

Did MangaUK have any input into the live-action Ghost in the Shell movie?
No, they didn't.

Bleach Season 16
Will be coming out as a box set soon - MangaUK are talking to Viz Media about Bleach Blu-ray plans to see what they can do.

Anime Limited | New Announcement #10

Ace Attorney

Part of the Crunchyroll deal.

Last edited:
Season 2 of stand alone complex has been up on iTunes for a while in HD courtesy of Manga for those really wanting to watch (at least some of) the series in HD. Episodes are £2 a pop.

Still out of luck for those wanting to own the series in HD physically without paying crazy prices for the import though I guess.

Well with all that done, I can't say I want anything Manga/Animatsu announced today, I mean I have been meaning to watch Gatchaman Crowds but haven't got around to the first series yet and no idea if I even will. I guess Bleach series 16 complete box is welcome but not sure if there's much point now for me, still kinda want the BDs but don't really wanna commit to the US releases for some reason....

As a side note, they should do away with these Q&A parts, they're always awful lol.

I'm a bit conflicted on Manga's announcements. There are some good new licences in there, but I don't see myself buying any of them. Getting some GitS BDs, for example, is great news, but I don't like GitS, film or SAC, so I'll be giving those a miss. Of course I love Kiniro Mosaic, but I already pulled the trigger on the US sets a while back, so I don't really see myself picking those up. Ditto for RailDex S2; I have the US sets for S1 of RailDex and S2 of Railgun, so I'm going to want the US Index S2 so it matches. Beyond the Boundary I haven't seen, but I own the BD set of the series, so unless I really love the show, I don't see myself picking those up either. However, I will be picking up the Bleach S16 complete set, so at least there's that.

I'd presumed we'd never get Flying Witch! Very good, comfy show that I heavily recommend for Slice Of Life fans.

A Certain Magical Index II & A Certain Scientific Railgun S is a big shock, given the comments made in the past. 100% purchase.

Really happy to see someone got Flying Witch, absolutely fantastic show and one of my favourites from this year that I've watched.

The important question is will / can they do a release that matches the season one sets... I doubt it. Barebones amaray ftw!

Tbf the Season 1 sets were barebones amaray apart from the rigid slipbox, even that just had the cover artwork on it so wasn't that special. It's been awhile since they've done the rigid slipboxes seems like they've gone back to the card slipboxes.

Very happy with the Btb film release. it's a day 1 purchase for me. I will be picking up the GITS OVA'S though I hope they release SAC some time next year given the hype around the live action film. I may be interested in flying Witch at the right price. Much better from Manga this Con but it's a shame there's no Chaika S2.

So far I'm only interested in the theatrical offerings from AL nothing else worth picking up yet. Same with MVM though they still have titles in thier backlog I want.

Last edited:
Will pick up Flying Witch from Manga but can't say I care for anything else they picked up. I'm also unlikely to grab any of the AL announcements from today, although I will definitely be going to see the Sword Art Online movie! :D

Back