Animatsu winning this event's licensing contest so far.

I can't say anything much good about the rather haphazard way their so-called panel was run, though. Yes, it was experimental. The experiment failed.

The Guest panel was far better than I had expected, though, despite the unusually large amount of outside noise.

Last edited:
I will definitely be picking up Beyond the Boundary and I'll probably get Gatchaman Crowds at some point. I didn't expect a Certain Magical Index and Railgun to be announced, a while ago I saw some where that supposedly the first series of them didn't sell very well, I won't be buying them though as I have already imported them. I hope manga will have a few more announcements tomorrow, hoping for Knights of Sidonia season 2.

Nothing whatsoever for me from Manganimatsu or MVM (though I'm happy the GuP movie got picked up for its fans' sake!)

Looks like all of my local purchases are feeding into the AL/Funimation alliance for the forseeable future.

R

I missed all of Manga's announcements today. You see, I was too busy watching a friend making Suda51 adopt a 'dab' pose in the autograph area.

Once again, our paths failed to cross! Perhaps next time...

Yeah I couldn't go to MCM due to my University's Game Jam week (aka PlayStation 4 group project) taking up my time, plus there was no one to go with and I figured I just couldn't afford it.

I'm going to MCM Birmingham though which is in November 19th.

Gotta say I'm a little disappointed with Manga's licenses. I'll probably pick up GITS, but that's about it.

I have high hopes for some Anime Limited licenses. (My top 5 are still unlicensed here)

Last edited:
Well MVM picked up the OVA collection (Ryo-Ohki 1 & 2) so far. I'm actually curious to know who'll get the movies.

They did? is that a really old license or did they do that recently? I want to get the Funimation BDs but it's frustrating that they didn't do a standard release for the Movies on BD like they did for the OVAs

They did? is that a really old license or did they do that recently? I want to get the Funimation BDs but it's frustrating that they didn't do a standard release for the Movies on BD like they did for the OVAs

Yeah it was announced back at MCM May 2016.

I was pretty lucky to pickup the OVA Collection LE since the Movies didn't get one.

At the moment, Anime Limited have my money with most of the title they have. especially A Silent Voice, Mob Psycho 100 and such. mangamatsu and mvm have good titles but I'm just not too taken by them myself.

Tenchi GXP huh? never a title that took my interest to be honest. so that one is probably one I'll miss out on for now.

Anime Limited | New Announcement #12

Tenchi Muyo! GXP

Part of the Funimation deal.

Anime Limited | New Announcement #13

Shouwa Genroku Rakugo Shinjuu

Part of the Crunchyroll deal.

Back