NormanicGrav

Quintessential Grav
AUKN Staff
It's time to get curious and witness the new set of announcements from this October's MCM London Comic Con.

Both the folks at Manga Animatsu and All the Anime will be unveiling new titles at their panels and various parts of the day. MVM status is unknown but they'll most likely unveil theirs via Twitter.

For those attending London Comic Con, here's what you can expect:

All the Anime
  • Early Stock on Upcoming/New Blu-ray releases:
    - Eden of the East: Complete Series [Collector's Edition] Blu-ray (£30)
    - Fullmetal Alchemist (2003): Part 1 [Collector's Edition] Blu-ray (£35)
    - Fullmetal Alchemist (2003): Part 2 [Collector's Edition] Blu-ray (£35)
    - Gundam: Reconguista in G: Complete Series [Collector's Edition] Blu-ray (£35)
    - High School DxD BorN: Complete Season 3 [Funimation] Blu-ray & DVD (£30)
    - Lucky Star: Complete Series [Collector's Edition] Blu-ray (£35)
    - Makoto Shinkai's The Place Promised / Voices Pack [Collector's Edition] Blu-ray & DVD (£25)
    - Miss Hokusai [Ultimate Edition] Blu-ray & DVD (£35)
    - Outlaw Star: Complete Series [Collector's Edition] Blu-ray (£40)
    - Project Itoh: Harmony [Collector's Edition Steelcase] Blu-ray & DVD (£20)
    - Psycho Pass: The Movie [Collector's Edition] Blu-ray & DVD
    - The Tatami Galaxy: Complete Series [Collector's Edition] Blu-ray (£40)
    - The Vision of Escaflowne: Complete Series + Movie [Ultimate Edition] Blu-ray (£90)
    - Your Lie in April: Part 1 [Collector's Edition] Blu-ray (£35)
    - Yurikuma Arashi: Complete Series [Funimation] Blu-ray & DVD (£30)
  • Crunchyroll!
    - Premium members receive exclusive giveaways all weekend.
    - Free coaster (a choice between two designs) and a free Re:ZERO bag (while stock lasts).
    - Screening Room to watch all the new simulcasts from Crunchyroll.
    - The titles appearing in the Screening Room will be released under Anime Ltd as part of their deal.
  • Anime Guests of Honour
    - Naoyoshi Shiotani, director for Psycho Pass: The Movie.
    - Takeshi Honda, animation director for Rebuild of Evangelion.
  • Panels
    - Friday 28th, 3:30pm at the MCM Silver Stage
    - Sunday 30th, 1:30pm at the Platinum Stage
  • Others:
    - Japan Animator Expo books will be available at their shop (while stock lasts).
    - Free Your Name poster available (while stock lasts).
    - Announcements planned from Thursday 27th all the way to Sunday 30th.
Manga Animatsu
  • Anime Karaoke
    - Their successful fun event will be returning to MCM. Sing along to your favourite anime tunes.
  • Charity Event with Polished Man
    - Collaborating with a Charity about raising awareness for children experiencing sexual and physical abuse.
    - They'll be available on Saturday 1-2pm and Sunday 1-2:30pm if you wish to support them.
    - Saturday will also have a Raffle event, with the prize draw at 2:30pm on the stage. Tickets are £2.
    - Prizes for the Raffle include Naruto films on Blu-ray, Halloween goodies and more.
    - All money from the Raffle goes towards the charity.
  • Panel
    - Saturday 29th, 3:00pm at their own stage
    - Q&A will also be part of the panel.
  • In the Corner of the World Mini Showcase
    - Showcasing trailers for the film.
    - Get exclusive insight on what the film is about.
  • Rooster Teeth Cosplay Showcase
    - Rooster Teeth UK folks will be there to attend.
    - Prizes include a signed Lazer Team poster, Lazer Team on DVD & Red vs Blue Steelbook.
  • Manga Trick or Treat!
    - Social team Darcy and Fraser will be tweeting and snapchatting their location so you can find them.
    - Find them (or spook them) to win some exclusive stickers/badges.
screen-schedules.jpg

Since I'm not attending MCM London this time around I'll be free to live-post the new titles announced. Of course everyone on this thread is also free to do the same if I'm not active.

ANNOUNCEMENTS

All the Anime
Note: I don't know how many they'll announce each day so for now the ????? slots are just potential guesses.

Thursday:
  • #1 | Free! Iwatobi Swim Club
Friday:
  • #2 | Mob Psycho 100
  • #3 | Assassination Classroom [Season 2]
  • #4 | Kiss Him, Not Me!
  • #5 | March comes in like a Lion
  • #6 | A Silent Voice (+ Limited Theatrical Screening)
Saturday:
  • #7 | Evangelion: 1.11 You Are (not) Alone
  • #8 | Princess Arete
  • #9 | Joker Game
  • #10 | Ace Attorney
  • #11 | Sword Art Online: Ordinal Scale (+ Limited Theatrical Screening)
Sunday:
  • #12 | Tenchi Muyo! GXP
  • #13 | Shouwa Genroku Rakugo Shinjuu
  • #14 | Silver Spoon
  • #15 | Rokka: Braves of the Six Flowers
  • #16 | Dagashi Kashi
Manga Animatsu

Thursday:
  • #1 | Yu-Gi-Oh! The Dark Side of Dimension
Saturday:
  • #2 | Ghost in the Shell: Stand Alone Complex OVA Collection (Blu-ray)
  • #3 | KINMOZA & Hello! KINMOZA
  • #4 | Beyond the Boundary Movies [Movie 1 is Recap, Movie 2 is Sequel]
  • #5 | Flying Witch
  • #6 | Gatchaman Crowds Insight
  • #7 | A Certain Magical Index II & A Certain Scientific Railgun S
MVM

Saturday:
  • #1 | Invaders of the Rokujyoma!?
  • #2 | Girls und Panzer der Film

Last edited:
I should be there absurdly early on the Saturday as per usual. Also as per usual I'll have no internet connection whilst there so don't expect any updates from me as to any goings on.

Do you know if the show guide is out yet?

I'll be going on the Saturday - although just a general ticket as I found the time I got priority entry I was just hanging around for ages waiting for the panels in the afternoon. Though Saturday is infamously also the busiest - you can barely move usually during peak lunchtime hours.

The show guide back in May was fantastic - pretty much a largish size magazine; I was still reading through everything in it a week later they'd packed so much in.

Ah all that early stock and me not being able to get to London although this is the closest a MCM comes to this West-Flemish citizen :)

Don't know about this being early stock though, Psycho Pass: The Movie as yesterday i got a shipping confirmation from Zavvi and it should be here on Monday or Tuesday.

That's a lot of titles available a bit early, pretty jealous of those able to grab The Tatami Galaxy early.

Anyone have any hopes and dreams? As usual I want Kyousougiga and Katanagatari and know I'm getting neither....I can't really think of any new shows I'd really want tbh although I'm sure there are some that just aren't coming to mind.

Anyone have any hopes and dreams? As usual I want Kyousougiga and Katanagatari and know I'm getting neither....I can't really think of any new shows I'd really want tbh although I'm sure there are some that just aren't coming to mind.

Both shows would fit very well into AL's catalogue.

I'm still waiting for the TV version of Anohana to be licensed. NIS America lost the license and Aniplex have the Movie which is a Part-Recap/Part-Sequel.

Besides the token Evangelion announcement that's never going to happen? AL have been trying to get Gunbuster, and I think they've said they're making progress with the rights issues, but that's also highly unlikely. Given I recently finished and liked it and it's AoA, a SaeKano announcement would be nice, maybe Free Season 1 as well. Wouldn't be surprised if we see them pick up some titles from the Summer season just passed, although what specifically, I'm not sure. Perhaps Orange? Mob Psycho 100? Some surprise older pick up would be great too.

I'd like Manga and/or MVM to finally pick up a title I want to buy just prove they're still comeptitive...

I feel that's a bit like asking for a pony for Christmas though.

I should be there absurdly early on the Saturday as per usual. Also as per usual I'll have no internet connection whilst there so don't expect any updates from me as to any goings on.
Bring your smart-phone and use their Wi-Fi! If you are there early, you can connect before the great masses.
Living close to the London Docklands ensures that I am always early enough to be amongst the goody-bag recipients, you see. (Except for that time in 2010 when their distribution was patchy.)

It'd be a very pleasant surprise if a release of that Rakugo show was announced, it feels like kind of a long shot though.

I did quite enjoy Joker Game, I'm not sure I'd be especially bothered about a fancy edition but I think it'd be a good show to have handy for watching at just about any time when I'm not sure what I'm in the mood for.

It'd be interesting if someone (probably Anime Limited) announced a Natsume Yuujin Chou / Natsume's Book of Friends release. On the one hand, I'd be extremely pleased to be getting the show but, at the same time, I'd wonder if I should be feeling angry at them for the streaming situation. I'm not sure that the current streaming situation is likely to have had much to do with distributors here, so I guess I'd probably just try to focus on the positive. Realistically, I'm not sure how likely such an announcement is anyway.

There are so many things I'd like to see released, I suppose I'll just wait and see (and try, possibly in vain, not to get my hopes up too much).

Bring your smart-phone and use their Wi-Fi! If you are there early, you can connect before the great masses.
Living close to the London Docklands ensures that I am always early enough to be amongst the goody-bag recipients, you see. (Except for that time in 2010 when their distribution was patchy.)

What goody bags are these? I live close also, so I wouldn't mind grabbing one.

Also, I'll probably go straight for the AL stand before walking around a bit. Sad that AL has a Panel on just the Sunday but it's not too much to cop a Sunday ticket also.

Will the anime guests be doing autographs etc all weekend or just on specific days?

How, exactly? It was unmistakably cerebral and articulate, but so is any book in a university library. And like such books, it is not exactly an embracing, uplifting or spiriting affair.
I recall the show being stylish, and sometimes wacky, super spy fun mixed with more down to earth (if still somewhat exaggerated) examinations of the challenges, effects and emotional aspects of espionage.

What goody bags are these? I live close also, so I wouldn't mind grabbing one.

Also, I'll probably go straight for the AL stand before walking around a bit. Sad that AL has a Panel on just the Sunday but it's not too much to cop a Sunday ticket also.

Will the anime guests be doing autographs etc all weekend or just on specific days?

There'll be signings on Saturday and Sunday - also reason there's no Saturday panel is simple - we have two Anime Guest of Honour panels to run as well! It takes it out of us sadly!

Best,

AP

I don't have a smartphone. My mobile phone is a phone, not a handheld computer that can do all sorts of other things but is inherently significantly worse for actual phone calls.

I tend to catch the 4:47 train, which gets me to ExCel a little after 7 AM. I could get the train an hour later and still be there on time but where would be the fun of that?

Back