Well we asked for Evangelion, and we got Evangelion, even if it's not the Evangelion I was hoping for :p

Still time this weekend though!

When hell freezes over and the original series is released here, it's at least good to know that AL look to have a bit of an edge at being the distributor.

How's that 3.0 + 1 coming along Anno? Anno..?

Yeah, disappointing (I'm happy with the Manga releases of the Rebuild films) but fingers crossed for older EVA down the line.

That's good news. Princess Arete was put up on Netflix some time ago along with Genius Party, Genius Party Beyond and Mind Game. When the Genius Parties were announced, I thought that it was probable that they were a package deal - only Mind Game to go!

Interesting Eva news - 2.22 on the cards at some point too I'd presume then (is that OOP)?

I'd guess that 3.33 is some way down the line as the Manga UK licence would still be active, however I'd now guess that 4.44 (or 3.0 +1.0) will be an AL title for it's UK release debut whenever that happens in 2020+...

Also, can someone kindly posts images of the ALL the sets AL have available at MCM this weekend?

I'm not there myself but have plenty on pre-order...

Last edited:
I have a list of the early bird titles.
- Eden of the East: Complete Series [Collector's Edition] Blu-ray (£30)
- Fullmetal Alchemist (2003): Part 1 [Collector's Edition] Blu-ray (£35)
- Fullmetal Alchemist (2003): Part 2 [Collector's Edition] Blu-ray (£35)
- Gundam: Reconguista in G: Complete Series [Collector's Edition] Blu-ray (£35)
- High School DxD BorN: Complete Season 3 [Funimation] Blu-ray & DVD (£30)
- Lucky Star: Complete Series [Collector's Edition] Blu-ray (£35)
- Makoto Shinkai's The Place Promised / Voices Pack [Collector's Edition] Blu-ray & DVD (£25)
- Miss Hokusai [Ultimate Edition] Blu-ray & DVD (£35)
- Outlaw Star: Complete Series [Collector's Edition] Blu-ray (£40)
- Project Itoh: Harmony [Collector's Edition Steelcase] Blu-ray & DVD (£20)
- Psycho Pass: The Movie [Collector's Edition] Blu-ray & DVD
- The Tatami Galaxy: Complete Series [Collector's Edition] Blu-ray (£40)
- The Vision of Escaflowne: Complete Series + Movie [Ultimate Edition] Blu-ray (£90)
- Your Lie in April: Part 1 [Collector's Edition] Blu-ray (£35)
- Yurikuma Arashi: Complete Series [Funimation] Blu-ray & DVD (£30)

Hmm, not really all that excited by the prospect of 1.11 again, guess it could be nice to get some consistent packaging in the UK but meh, give me a shout when you have the series, I'm really stupid for still hoping it'll be announced at their panel tomorrow, right? :(

Princess Arete is an interesting pick up, will keep an eye on that.

2.22 announcement later, then 3.33. Then will cap off the day with original Eva announcement. Yes? YES?!

I have the Funi releases of 1-3, but will replace as Eva is one of my favorite titles.

As much as I'd rather have the original series, I also love the rebuilds (3.33 not included) so this is awesome news for me!

We love the TV series too! Sadly same old issues are in place there so it's a must-have for us one day, but definitely not today...

We are however super-psyched to be doing a collector's edition though of the Rebuilds (over time) so stay tuned I'd say :).

AP

Back