MCM London Comic Con October 2015 Announcements

Re: MCM Comic Con October 2015 Announcements - Next: Sunrise Panel 12:00pm | Anime Ltd Panel Part 2 12:30pm

I think you underestimate. Most places I've seen on the internet adore it. Plus there aren't too many shows that match Bebop in terms of popularity.

Re: MCM Comic Con October 2015 Announcements - Next: Sunrise Panel 12:00pm | Anime Ltd Panel Part 2 12:30pm

IncendiaryLemon said:
Claymore could also fit into that too IMO.

Claymore was quite the surprise announcement. It looks like we could be seeing more Manga Blu-ray releases from Anime Ltd.

thedoctor2016 said:
Haruhi is no where near there first announcement as its a bit loved but nowhere to bebop's level

I would argue otherwise. Haruhi is one of the biggest anime shows out there and considering many loved the first season, I would say that it's big. Heck many American anime fans were excited when Funimation licensed it in the states.

NormanicGrav said:
IncendiaryLemon said:
Claymore could also fit into that too IMO.

Claymore was quite the surprise announcement. It looks like we could be seeing more Manga Blu-ray releases from Anime Ltd.

thedoctor2016 said:
Haruhi is no where near there first announcement as its a bit loved but nowhere to bebop's level

I would argue otherwise. Haruhi is one of the biggest anime shows out there and considering many loved the first season, I would say that it's big. Heck many American anime fans were excited when Funimation licensed it in the states.

One season and not the whole show if i was a fan i know id be pissed

Re: MCM Comic Con October 2015 Announcements - Day 3: More Anime Ltd announcements incoming?

I really want zeta and ZZ to be blu ray. I hope char's counter attack is eventually blu ray too.

Re: MCM Comic Con October 2015 Announcements - Day 3: More Anime Ltd announcements incoming?

Manga UK still have season 2 and the movie. Also season 1 is the best bit of the franchise. I bet it's going to be in chronological order but I'm going to watch it in the original broadcast order.

IncendiaryLemon said:
They have the DVD rights but do they have BD rights?
It's been confirmed as blu ray I'm pretty certain. They are probably going to be the same discs as the ones funimation are releasing.

thedoctor2016 said:
britguy said:
thedoctor2016 said:

Well everything's over now so. .....ah well. Plenty of announcements over the weekend that I'm happy with :)
None for me no god eater no Cardcaptor no SM no Br of Turn A Z or ZZ So I'm throughly disappointed with them like majorly

I don't know I think it's been pretty good there's a lot to look forward to,as for God eater I wouldn't expect an annoncement anytime soon.If I had to guess though I reckon the licence will go to MVM.

black1blade said:
IncendiaryLemon said:
They have the DVD rights but do they have BD rights?
It's been confirmed as blu ray I'm pretty certain. They are probably going to be the same discs as the ones funimation are releasing.

I don't think that will be the case with Season 1's AL release.

Funimation have both seasons so they'll probably release it in the same way as the original BD-Box (S1 episodes inbetween S2).

AL will have to make their own Blu-rays in this case or just take the Japanese S1 BD-Box masters and modify it for a UK audience.

I meant for Season 2 and the movie. I want to know if they could put that put on BD despite Manga having the DVD licences.

If there is going to be no blu ray of the other UC stuff then I don't think I'll get the original gundam because it would be weird to downgrade to DVD even though the later shows will have better animation.

IncendiaryLemon said:
I meant for Season 2 and the movie. I want to know if they could put that put on BD despite Manga having the DVD licences.

It's been confirmed that manga have the rights so they can't unless it is sublicensed by manga to AL

black1blade said:
If there is going to be no blu ray of the other UC stuff then I don't think I'll get the original gundam because it would be weird to downgrade to DVD even though the later shows will have better animation.
There all avaliable in BR in JP but if we get DVD releases i say 5 year wait before the BR release we deserve

britguy said:
IncendiaryLemon said:

It's been confirmed that manga have the rights so they can't unless it is sublicensed by manga to AL

I see, I hope they do.

thedoctor2016 said:
black1blade said:
There all avaliable in BR in JP but if we get DVD releases i say 5 year wait before the BR release we deserve
That would be an annoying stunt from sunrise. I probably should get the original gundam on blu ray because I'm enjoying the compilation movies so much and I could only justify spending £80 if I got an art box...
I haven't seen the last film yet but how is the original series ending? Is it left open or does some stuff actually get resolved?

black1blade said:

My guess is that the main UC timeline will get a Blu-ray despite one or two being sub only.
- Zeta Gundam - English & Japanese - Blu-ray has been released in Japan.
- Gundam ZZ - Japanese - Blu-ray has been released in Japan.
- Char's Counterattack - English & Japanese - Blu-ray has been released in Japan.
- 0080: War in the Pocket - English & Japanese - No HD remaster released.
- Gundam F91 - English & Japanese - Blu-ray has been released in Japan.
- 0083: Stardust Memory - English & Japanese - Blu-ray scheduled for Jan 2016 in Japan.
- Victory Gundam - Japanese - Blu-ray has been released in Japan.
- Gundam: The 08th MS Team - English & Japanese - Blu-ray has been released in Japan.
- Gundam Unicorn - English & Japanese - Blu-ray has been released in Japan.
- The Origin - English & Japanese - Blu-ray has been released in Japan (on-going).

Back