MCM London Comic Con October 2015 Announcements

Re: MCM Comic Con October 2015 Announcements - Day 3: More Anime Ltd announcements incoming?

IncendiaryLemon said:
They have the DVD rights but do they have BD rights?
Manga do apparently have BD rights to season 2 and the Haruhi movie.

Re: Turn A Gundam. DVD only for now. Andrew wants to do bluray though. Apparently Rightstuf are more likely to BD if there's a dub.

Re: MCM Comic Con October 2015 Announcements - Day 3: More Anime Ltd announcements incoming?

The films are Blu ray and aren't getting a BR sell so i don't know

But the films are an alternative to the tv series which is getting HD. Are all the UC shows worth watching? I definitely want to watch up to char's counter attack but Gundam is infamous for being hit or miss because of it's many entries. I'm guessing there is going at least a huge escalation in the mobile suit's power as the timeline goes on anyway which is one of the aspects that I don't really like in long running mecha.

ZZ is average I've heard but it links to CCA most people watched up to CCA

Normally single movies after tv series are really good if the plot doesn't end in the tv series. So I'm guessing CCA is a finale to char's character arc? I mean there is also the origin to think about which is a retelling of the UC timeline...

black1blade said:
Normally single movies after tv series are really good if the plot doesn't end in the tv series. So I'm guessing CCA is a finale to char's character arc? I mean there is also the origin to think about which is a retelling of the UC timeline...

Its telling the backstory of Char and Sayla There brother and sister

Last edited by a moderator:

I'll probably get the origin when AL release the thing as a set a couple years down the line. Maybe get the vertical manga volumes because they are so pretty.

NormanicGrav said:
Viewster added some info with regards to HD anime:
it's very expensive since we have to renegotiate licenses to be ad-free + HD. It take time, so let's see what happens.
https://twitter.com/viewster/status/658271332258488320
So basically, in 2015 they didn't think to negotiate for a HD option in the first place?

Joshawott said:
NormanicGrav said:
Viewster added some info with regards to HD anime:
it's very expensive since we have to renegotiate licenses to be ad-free + HD. It take time, so let's see what happens.
https://twitter.com/viewster/status/658271332258488320
So basically, in 2015 they didn't think to negotiate for a HD option in the first place?
More likely the licence was more expensive for HD streams. The national broadcaster here, RTE, does this all the time. They have 2 HD channels and the only content that broadcast in HD are sporting events.

Was pretty disappointed by the second anime ltd panel. Had hoped for some reveals but instead had viewster try and sell me a box of crap for 30 minutes that I don't want. I like the streaming ad-free HD part. And occasionally maybe they will put something in a box that I have an interest in. but 90% of the stuff I won't. That means I have to DO WORK to get rid of the damn stuff. The value of the time I'd loose dealing with the damn stuff is greater than the value of the box and service combined. so they'll never get me as a customer.

sorry /rant

I thought that it was pretty clear personally that this panel was just going to focus on that, in fact I was surprised when you all hyped up this as Anime Limited Part 2. Agreed that the Gundam panel should have more definitive info however but that's all 2016 so they have time to reveal that stuff.

qaiz said:
I thought that it was pretty clear personally that this panel was just going to focus on that, in fact I was surprised when you all hyped up this as Anime Limited Part 2. Agreed that the Gundam panel should have more definitive info however but that's all 2016 so they have time to reveal that stuff.

I double checked the MCM schedule and it did specify it would focus on more announcements from Anime Ltd. It looks like they swapped things around at the last minute. UKA mentioned AL & V but in the end AL had no involvement whatsoever, oh well.

qaiz said:

MCM Guide. Page 72.
12:30 Anime Ltd Panel #'2
Following all the news from the Anime Ltd Camp over the weekend, join Jeremy Graves, Anime LTD's Marketing Executive for a panel to discuss a few more exciting announcements and more!

Haven't seen it described as anything else anywhere...?

Anime Limited Panels

We will be involved in some panels across the weekend. You can find the details of these below:

• Anime Limited Panel #1: Friday, 3pm @ Platinum Stage
    This panel will see Jeremy and Kat take to the stage to discuss upcoming releases, announcing some brand new titles and more! Be sure not to miss this.
  • Sunrise 'Mobile Suit Gundam' Panel: Sunday, 12pm @ Platinum Stage
    Eri Suzuki from the International Team from Japanese licensor, Sunrise and the President of Anime Limited, Andrew Partridge will take to the stage to discuss Gundam related things! There'll be some announcements here so if you're a Gundam fan be sure not to miss this.
  • Anime Limited Panel #2 feat. Viewster: Sunday, 12:30pm @ Platinum Stage
    In a change from what's being advertised in the MCM Show Guide (as there were print deadlines that had to be met before this was fully confirmed) we're happy to say that this panel will feature Jeremy joined by the team at Viewster to discuss their Omakase box and much more!

At each panel you can expect exciting news on future Anime Limited titles and more! We'll also note that we won't just be making announcements at the panels. We'll be making announcements across the weekend in general. So keep you eyes peeled on our social media channels and then here at our blog at the end of each day for details.
http://blog.alltheanime.com/newswire-42 ... ober-2015/
Agreed that the "and much more!" didn't lead to much, but to be fair that's hype talk. In any case I don't believe that AL won't announce another thing or two on twitter as the day goes by! Always a possibility.

qaiz said:
Anime Limited Panels

We will be involved in some panels across the weekend. You can find the details of these below:

• Anime Limited Panel #1: Friday, 3pm @ Platinum Stage
    This panel will see Jeremy and Kat take to the stage to discuss upcoming releases, announcing some brand new titles and more! Be sure not to miss this.
  • Sunrise 'Mobile Suit Gundam' Panel: Sunday, 12pm @ Platinum Stage
    Eri Suzuki from the International Team from Japanese licensor, Sunrise and the President of Anime Limited, Andrew Partridge will take to the stage to discuss Gundam related things! There'll be some announcements here so if you're a Gundam fan be sure not to miss this.
  • Anime Limited Panel #2 feat. Viewster: Sunday, 12:30pm @ Platinum Stage
    In a change from what's being advertised in the MCM Show Guide (as there were print deadlines that had to be met before this was fully confirmed) we're happy to say that this panel will feature Jeremy joined by the team at Viewster to discuss their Omakase box and much more!

At each panel you can expect exciting news on future Anime Limited titles and more! We'll also note that we won't just be making announcements at the panels. We'll be making announcements across the weekend in general. So keep you eyes peeled on our social media channels and then here at our blog at the end of each day for details.
http://blog.alltheanime.com/
Agreed that the "and much more!" didn't lead to much, but to be fair that's hype talk. In any case I don't believe that AL won't announce another thing or two on twitter as the day goes by! Always a possibility.
Ahh, well forgive me for not noticing.

In yesterday's facebook post and twitter feeds they said we should expect more news today. I'm expecting at least 2-4 and that will be it for the next couple of months.

That's fine, I can't blame you for not noticing as like you said there's different information on every given social media channel hinting at different things so its hard to keep track. If I knew you were all being misled I would have warned you all in advance to save you from the heartache!

In the end like you said, I wouldn't be surprised at another announcement or two, you seem optimistic at expecting 2 to 4 but I'd love it if that was the case! This is probably a bad habit on my part but when an announcement isn't made at the panel itself I usually assume that its not that big as it didn't make the cut, but I doubt that is always the case. I guess it helps keep my hype levels down so if it ends up being nothing I'm not disappointed but if it ends up being something cool (Gunbuster, Big O, Millennium Actress etc) then its a nice surprise :p

What am I expecting in reality? Maybe something in regards to the Animator Expo stuff would be interesting, or the Project Itoh films.

I guess this is what happens after you watch E3 after E3 each and every year.

The MCM train never stops.

Back