MCM London Comic Con October 2015 Announcements

Re: MCM Comic Con October 2015 Announcements - Next: Sunrise Panel 12:00pm | Anime Ltd Panel Part 2 12:30pm

IncendiaryLemon said:
It just seems something daft to get so worked up over. I'd much prefer to support the UK industry than have a clean looking disc which you barely look at anyway.

Perhaps but a four month behind AUS for a very similar release I'm not willing to support

Re: MCM Comic Con October 2015 Announcements - Next: Sunrise Panel 12:00pm | Anime Ltd Panel Part 2 12:30pm

I would way prefer art boxes to be clean. I've kept the o-card on MVM's garde of sinners because of the massive random logo on the spine which looks really ugly.

thedoctor2016 said:
IncendiaryLemon said:
It just seems something daft to get so worked up over. I'd much prefer to support the UK industry than have a clean looking disc which you barely look at anyway.

Perhaps but a four month behind AUS for a very similar release I'm not willing to support
Are you the guy who lives in Germany?

black1blade said:
thedoctor2016 said:
IncendiaryLemon said:

Are you the guy who lives in Germany?

No no I live in Wales

black1blade said:
I would way prefer art boxes to be clean. I've kept the o-card on MVM's garde of sinners because of the massive random logo on the spine which looks really ugly.

Without being overly facetious, do you stare at the spine?

Can we please save the discussion about box arts, BBFC on discs and what not for another thread. It's giving me a headache reading these sort of comments. :lol:

thedoctor2016 said:
thedoctor2016 said:
IncendiaryLemon said:

No no I live in Wales
Oh lol, I swear there was somebody...
Basically I was going to say fair enough if you don't live in the UK but you do live in the UK so you should help out the local distributors! MVM is a welsh company (chepstow in on the border right)... I guess it's fair enough if there is the possibility that the MVM release might have BBFC logos on the spine though.

Buzz201 said:
black1blade said:

Without being overly facetious, do you stare at the spine?
I do actually because it's really pretty apart from the massive logo.

NormanicGrav said:
Can we please save the discussion about box arts, BBFC on discs and what not for another thread. It's giving me a headache reading these sort of comments. :lol:

To be fair, I don't think anyone was looking to start a conversation on box arts and the like, but I agree that it should be moved to it's own thread.

Sunrise 'Mobile Suit Gundam' Panel

*All the news from the panel will go here*

Here we go!

CSKa_lfWEAA5DMb.jpg:large

*New Announcement* Mobile Suit Zeta Gundam
- Details: ???

*New Announcement* Mobile Suit Gundam ZZ
- Details: ???

Other Topics (Notes taken from UK Anime Network)
- Sunrise's Eri Suzuki is here from the company's international sales department on the panel.
- We're currently talking about the history of Sunrise from its foundation in 1972.
- Talking about the international sales department, and how they work to sell licenses to other territories and promote the studio's work.
- They also work closely with partners regarding localisation and simultaneous releases where possible (i.e. Gundam the Origin).
- The focus of this panel will be on Gundam - what's new, and what's coming to the UK.
- We're having a "World of Gundam" montage video now.
- After that video, we're talking Gundam the Origin, episode two of which is available on demand in streaming form from 31st October.
- The Collector's Edition Blu-ray of Gundam the Origin II is available from Anime Limited's online store, released on November 7th 2015.
- Onwards now to the new Gundam TV series, Iron-Blooded Orphans, which is streaming on Crunchyroll, DAISUKI and the Gundam Info web sites.
- The English dub of Iron-Blooded orphans will be available in early 2016 - this will be handled by Bang Zoom Entertainment.
- Now, onto the collaboration between Sunrise and Anime Limited here in the UK...
- Several Gundam series have been released in the UK previously, but for some time there have been no releases in the UK.
- Sunrise have partnered with Anime Limited to start bringing those TV series to the UK again.
- The plan is to release more Gundam DVDs and Blu-rays in the UK, including older series.
- Of course, that begins with the original Mobile Suit Gundam TV series - part one arrives on November 3rd, with part two in December.
- Upcoming Gundam series for a 2016 UK release - Z Gundam, Gundam ZZ, Turn A Gundam and Reconguista in G.
- We did have a video message from Tomino himself to end the panel, but it doesn't work!!

Question & Answer
Any chance of a G Gundam release?
"There are so many Gundam series, but we're going to focus on Universal Century titles for 2016 and move on from there".

Any chance of a home video release of Iron-Blooded Orphans in the UK?
If Gundam shows sell well then it's a possibility.

I've got a feeling these two panels will bear no fruit

Its been 20 mins and nothing new yet they haven't even said Turn A yet ...

Well that was crap will Turn A be DVD or BR same with Z and ZZ

So three "new" gundam titles confirmed. I suppose it wasn't a waste watching the Twitter updates. ...I'm assuming formats will be the same as trsi

They didn't even say id Turn A Z or ZZ will be DVD or BR WTF

thedoctor2016 said:

It's already confirmed that we're getting the exact same formats and such as Rightstuf.

Turn-A Gundam will be DVD only.

Zeta Gundam and Gundam ZZ are also scheduled for DVD in the US, though it's possible for Blu-ray to happen.

Judging by the way Sunrise is planning things, the Gundam shows that are dubbed are more than likely to receive a Blu-ray release. Movie compilations are DVD only and so are subtitle only sets.

:thumb:
thedoctor2016 said:

An announcement to look forward to or worry about. .... (zeta gundams at least)

This viewster one will be wank, I guarantee it.

NormanicGrav said:
thedoctor2016 said:

It's already confirmed that we're getting the exact same formats and such as Rightstuf.

Zeta Gundam and Gundam ZZ are also scheduled for DVD in the US, though it's possible for Blu-ray to happen.

Judging by the way Sunrise is planning things, the Gundam shows that are dubbed are more than likely to receive a Blu-ray release. Movie compilations are DVD only and so are subtitle only sets.

Right so Im going to get NONE of those ill stick to the JP Br rips and ill buy Turn A from JP

britguy said:
:thumb:
thedoctor2016 said:

An announcement to look forward to or worry about. .... (zeta gundams at least)

This viewster one will be wank, I guarantee it.
There holding back something big I believe

thedoctor2016 said:
NormanicGrav said:
thedoctor2016 said:

Right so Im going to get NONE of those ill stick to the JP Br rips and ill buy Turn A from JP

Or instead of rips you could buy them all from japan.....

Back