I wonder when the full retail release is going to happen and how long of a wait for retail release be.

Ha, knowing Crunchyroll, and with how they dumped of most if not all of the Nozomi Staff, I wouldn't put it past them to want to rid themselves of this project as soon as they can and not bother with any public Blu-ray release. They would be stupid not to make more copies for the public, but then, Crunchy doesn't operate in any sensible manner, so...

Ha, knowing Crunchyroll, and with how they dumped of most if not all of the Nozomi Staff, I wouldn't put it past them to want to rid themselves of this project as soon as they can and not bother with any public Blu-ray release. They would be stupid not to make more copies for the public, but then, Crunchy doesn't operate in any sensible manner, so...
Pretty much. Crunchyroll don't care about physical releases of catalogue titles. They're the force powering the simulcast anime churn outside of Japan. If it's not big today, it's not on their radar. This is why I'll be amazed if we get any of those Macross sets that Nozomi announced before the buyout. Probably the only reason the Dirty Pair set is still happening is because people invested in it upfront and it would be a PR disaster if CR let that fall through. Despite that, I wouldn't be surprised if the project had been sidelined or mothballed until Justin Sevakis publicly called them out about it.

I noticed their help desk link, for missing email confirmations for despatches, goes to the Crunchyroll store help desk. However international Kickstarter backers orders were not transferred to the CR store when they acquired Rightstuf.

I actually think alot of this dumping of Nozomi titles is so they can rerelease stuff under the Crunchyroll banner. Of course not everything by any means but I think quite a few gundam titles and a few others will be rereleased.

Crunchyroll have been doing some catalog titles, Afro Samurai, Outlaw Star, Ouran, Code Geass, Psycho Pass and to some extent Planetes. So I wouldn't rule it out entirely.

I also firmly believe Dirty Pair will be released with a standard version by this time next year.

Back