General Games Discussion

Ah, I thought it already came out in Japan at the same time as the DS version. I didn't realize the PS3 game was to come quite a while later. But I guess we shan't be getting the DS version, which is a bit of a shame.

So impressions I'm reading about the Mass Effect 3 demo make it sound ******* terrible, at least as bad as I thought it could be. I guess you really can't spell BioWare without an E and an A these days.

So I just watched the latest (third) trailer for One Piece Musou, and it is gassed. I'd tried to forget about the game, with the Vita coming out I don't really need to import anything for the next few weeks, but I'm having a hard time not hitting "go" on this order. D:

Fortunately, AmiAmi have already sold out of the Treasure Box version, so at least I'm not tempted by that. ^^;

edit: cripes, that Gundam UC game (which also has a nice looking FP LE) is out the following week. :-/ What are you doing, Japan.

ilmaestro said:
So impressions I'm reading about the Mass Effect 3 demo make it sound **** terrible, at least as bad as I thought it could be. I guess you really can't spell BioWare without an E and an A these days.

The single player portion is incredibly boring but the multiplayer is at least entertaining :wink:

So continuing the Mass Effect 3 trend a bit more. It looks like Microsoft have done it again! That's right, they've leaked the DLC. They firstly leaked the beta about 3-4 months ago and where hit by a lotta hell for that, then just now they went and had this leak on their website. So yeah, great start, and good old microsoft, keeping to it's best known habits. I won't link it though, just in case people don't want to know who the DLC character is.

Also, Persona 4: The Ultimate in Mayonaka Arena is now confirmed for a US release date in the Summer this year. Which is awesome. If things don't change, that's the same time-frame as the release in japan. Gives us hope for here, provided the partnership with Sega doesn't make atlus do silly things. If Ghostlight or someone else can get a hold of it and release it at the same time for us here, i expect we'd be in for a treat with the Limited Editions and so on.

Arbalest said:
So continuing the Mass Effect 3 trend a bit more. It looks like Microsoft have done it again! That's right, they've leaked the DLC. They firstly leaked the beta about 3-4 months ago and where hit by a lotta hell for that, then just now they went and had this leak on their website. So yeah, great start, and good old microsoft, keeping to it's best known habits. I won't link it though, just in case people don't want to know who the DLC character is.

Also, Persona 4: The Ultimate in Mayonaka Arena is now confirmed for a US release date in the Summer this year. Which is awesome. If things don't change, that's the same time-frame as the release in japan. Gives us hope for here, provided the partnership with Sega doesn't make atlus do silly things. If Ghostlight or someone else can get a hold of it and release it at the same time for us here, i expect we'd be in for a treat with the Limited Editions and so on.
Oh good old Microsoft. I'm not looking at spoilers but lol Microsoft. Onto persona, i've never played a persona game but GOD that looks good. hope it comes out here too.

One Piece Musou 9/9/9/9 in Famitsu... nngghh can't decide whether to import or not.

In slightly worse news, P4G is going to be EXPENSIVE AS **** when it comes out in Japan on June 14th. Nearly as much as FF Type-0 was!

ilmaestro said:
One Piece Musou 9/9/9/9 in Famitsu... nngghh can't decide whether to import or not.

In slightly worse news, P4G is going to be EXPENSIVE AS **** when it comes out in Japan on June 14th. Nearly as much as FF Type-0 was!
I'm still waiting for them to announce a 360 version for the UK...

I should really post news more often, otherwise i'll just say "been there, seen it a week ago" and get raged at XD.

Yeah, the RE6 details say that the president zombie leon faces is the one that takes over from Ashleys father. It also then had others start to confirm more that the female character with the third MC is actually Sherry Birkin. They go into a bit more detail about the others as well, Chris suffers some personal tragedy, Leon is Leon, etc etc. Still quite vague on the whole thing, bar the fact that the chinese city is fictional, of course.

Persona 4 Golden is, from what i remember hearing, about 7000 yen right? I worked that out at £55 via todays exchange rate, so about 60 i'd say for us. Hella expensive, just wonder what we can expect with that price tag. They always have given us our moneys worth to this day, but i do fear it's a little too steep.

I think the main other thing that appeared recently which i raged at, was the Street Fighter x Tekken news piece about the Vita port. The vita version is getting 12 character that the console releases won't have. Sakura, Dudley, Blanka, Cody, Guy, Elena, Lei, Lars, Alisa, Christie, Jack and Bryan. Ono basically was saying "no comment" to everyone that asked him about why we haven't got them set for us on consoles. I guess the vita port isn't out until fall, but still, annoys me. We know that there is DLC characters set for the console releases, so i guess we will see them, but still. The handheld gets them all, and consoles get none without paying more? Capcom at their best.

devilrules666 said:
I wonder when the first trailer for persona 5 will land? I can't wait for it

We need it to be formally announced first. We have literally nothing in any detail on Persona 5, and that soundtrack on Youtube before you mention it, is purely fan-made. I expect if we do see anything about it, it won't be until after the summer, since both Persona 4: Golden and P4: Arena will be out by then. So yeah, my prediction is latter half of the year.

Can someone explain the dealio with the Persona series? I own P3FES but I mean like, are they linked in anyway or is it a final fantasy "each game is unrelated almost entirely but has similar concepts" deal?

Also, fun fact: probably the main reason I initially became interested in P3 was I heard about the evoker gun and I thought the idea of having to essentially shoot yourself in the head with emotional trauma to bring out a supernatural being sounded like a neat concept.

Sparrowsabre7 said:
Can someone explain the dealio with the Persona series? I own P3FES but I mean like, are they linked in anyway or is it a final fantasy "each game is unrelated almost entirely but has similar concepts" deal?
I don't know about anything pre-P3, but P3 and P4 both occured in the same world, as characters from P3 appear in P4. I haven't finished P4, but I don't think there's anything that links the two storylines together other than the existence of personas...

Arbalest said:
Persona 4 Golden is, from what i remember hearing, about 7000 yen right?
¥7300. FF Type-0 was ¥7700. All the top-end Vita games at launch were only ¥6000, and for almost everything that means just ¥5000 to download. I can see this being ¥6500 download tbh. :( I would expect it to still be £40 RRP here though, the exchange rate is pretty misleading these days as far as game prices go.

Only upside is the LE is less than ¥3000 more I think, and looks really nice. Downside to that is it's EbTen exclusive, which means crazy import fees. :(

VoxPhantom said:
Sparrowsabre7 said:
I don't know about anything pre-P3, but P3 and P4 both occured in the same world, as characters from P3 appear in P4. I haven't finished P4, but I don't think there's anything that links the two storylines together other than the existence of personas...

Right, First off, I can't speak for Persona 1 and 2, since i don't own them yet, but Persona 3 and 4 are linked. In Persona 4, about summer-time in game, you go to Gekkokan High which was the school where all the Persona 3 characters spent their time(and you did, essentially, since it was tartarus to). You meet one character there from the previous game, but not one of the playables. To help push this link a bit more, if you own Persona 3 Portable, play through as the female MC instead of male, and you also see Amagi Yukiko during one particular event, can't remember how far in though. So yeah, very much linked.

I should also say, they add to this link with Persona 4: Arena, since Mitsuru, Aigis and Akihiko are all characters within the game, each with a storyline, though nothing really explained as of yet. So yeah, plenty of links.

@ilmae: Wait, there is a Persona 4: Golden LE? Do you have a link for that if there is one? I'd love to see it.

Last edited by a moderator:
Mmm, no pics yet, but:

"The pack will include 10 postcards, a pouch and six A3 sized posters featuring illustrations from Shigenori Soejima, Shuji Sogabe, Mad House, Studio Hibari, and Hiroyuki Maeda"

Arbalest said:
VoxPhantom said:
Sparrowsabre7 said:

Right, First off, I can't speak for Persona 1 and 2, since i don't own them yet, but Persona 3 and 4 are linked. In Persona 4, about summer-time in game, you go to Gekkokan High which was the school where all the Persona 3 characters spent their time(and you did, essentially, since it was tartarus to). You meet one character there from the previous game, but not one of the playables. To help push this link a bit more, if you own Persona 3 Portable, play through as the female MC instead of male, and you also see Amagi Yukiko during one particular event, can't remember how far in though. So yeah, very much linked.

I should also say, they add to this link with Persona 4: Arena, since Mitsuru, Aigis and Akihiko are all characters within the game, each with a storyline, though nothing really explained as of yet. So yeah, plenty of links.

@ilmae: Wait, there is a Persona 4: Golden LE? Do you have a link for that if there is one? I'd love to see it.

Cool thanks Vox and Arbalest =3

Last edited by a moderator:
Back